Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've played enough crpgs to have a good idea about what the content will be like.

Playing lots of CRPGs doesn't make you clairvoyant

Darkzone

You are consistently finding fault in Roguey Logic without getting butthurt like you did intitally with iamweasal :incline: . And he is not replying to your accusations of either he is josh...or it is just his fantasy fetish that he claims to know how josh thinks. :smug:

Would :bro: your posts if I could.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Darkzone

You are consistently finding fault in Roguey Logic without getting butthurt like you did intitally with iamweasal :incline: . And he is not replying to your accusations of either he is josh...or it is just his fantasy fetish that he claims to know how josh thinks. :smug:

Would :bro: your posts if I could.
I already did. :smug:

fanta

Arcane
Roguey has ran the most successful character assassination in the history of the 'dex, and that is saying something. Before Roguey, Sawyer had been one of my favourite designers. I regularly read Diogenes Lamp and followed The Black Hound mod. Now, I can't help feeling ever so slightly repulsed by the man, as if by a slimeball cult leader.

Rake

Arcane
Roguey has ran the most successful character assassination in the history of the 'dex, and that is saying something. Before Roguey, Sawyer had been one of my favourite designers. I regularly read Diogenes Lamp and followed The Black Hound mod. Now, I can't help feeling ever so slightly repulsed by the man, as if by a slimeball cult leader.
Roguey will be so proud... don't make it happy

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I've played enough crpgs to have a good idea about what the content will be like.

Playing lots of CRPGs doesn't make you clairvoyant
It does allow one to make educated predictions, especially since a lot of this is very much last-minute in an attempt to make their systems look deeper than they actually were.

Edit: And by the waaaaaaaaaaaay. Back when the Kickstarter campaign was still going:

It's a pretty competitive space too, you have Antharion, Avadon 2: The Corruption, Blackguards, Chaos Chronicles, The Dark Triad: Dragon's Death, Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption and Might and Magic X. Possibly others too; thinking about it just makes me sick.

Plus it's also Josh Sawyer-donation-worthy. I'm sure he wouldn't approve of their approach to systems but he still considered it interesting enough.
And now look at his list of backed-projects http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1724533005
Original Sin is nowhere to be found. He withdrew his pledge before the campaign ended. Obviously saw the major, major problems Larian has when it comes to making fun games. The smart money knew when to back out, but I'm going to stick with this ship right through the iceberg for the laughs.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane

It does allow one to make educated predictions, especially since a lot of this is very much last-minute in an attempt to make their systems look deeper than they actually were.

Roguey the educated predictions in a bad combination of words because in a sense they contradict each other, and you are using this combination to give your prediction a value or weight, only through this combination.
In sciences it is only a prediction of an outcome of an experiment, and that is called an educated guess. This educated guess is a hypothesis, and is only educated, because it is based on a study (previous observations).
The conclusion of this study of cases, in its abstraction is the hypothesis. This hypothesis has borders of validity and shows also how to falsify itself. You have not named a hypothesis and neither your cases studies with that we could verify the validity of your hypothesis, before the outcome of this experiment that we call D:OS.
What you are doing is only guessing. So to beginn this again name us please your hypothesis, the cases on which the hypothesis is founded and state why D:OS falls in the statement of this hypothesis. Also we can evaluate if PE, WL2, T:ToN, or any other project like that directed by JES, falls also under the statement of the hypothesis.

Original Sin is nowhere to be found. He withdrew his pledge before the campaign ended. Obviously saw the major, major problems Larian has when it comes to making fun games. The smart money knew when to back out, but I'm going to stick with this ship right through the iceberg for the laughs.

Hmmm smart money....honestly???
GTFO: A Film About Women in Gaming == smart money?
SHAKER: An RPG by Brenda Brathwaite & Tom Hall == smart money?
Tropes vs. Women in Video Games == smart money?
Carmageddon: Reincarnation == smart money?
I want to paint the greatest Sears stores in the country. == smart money?

Expeditions: Conquistador didn't they have also problems?

But then you should not criticise this smart money:
WL2, T:ToN, Sui Generis.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And now look at his list of backed-projects http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1724533005

Hmm, I'll ask him about this. He probably won't reply though.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
It's a pretty competitive space too, you have Antharion, Avadon 2: The Corruption, Blackguards, Chaos Chronicles, The Dark Triad: Dragon's Death, Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption and Might and Magic X. Possibly others too; thinking about it just makes me sick.

Plus it's also Josh Sawyer-donation-worthy. I'm sure he wouldn't approve of their approach to systems but he still considered it interesting enough.

He actually backed MASSIVE CHALICE. :lol:

Zeriel

Arcane
Backing Jagged Alliance: Flashback and Massive Chalice kind of makes it sound like he intentionally backs things likely to fail, and he withdrew his support for D:OS because he decided it was actually going to succeed.

Mantic

Educated
2vtdy0m.jpg

:troll::hearnoevil::balance::avatard:

Sometimes comedy writes itself. He even looks like a whiteknighting mangina who feels like he has to support feel-good causes to get noticed by the gurls

DeepOcean

Arcane
Sawyer isn't even all that bad as a designer with this sexism thing. While his personal views are the same as manginas in general, he isn't the type that have to shove his personal views in all games he make. He understands that world building and personal views are two different things. On contrary to David Gayder, who thinks that he needs to shove his gender and sex ideas in everything he does. Just see the difference between Cassidy on New Vegas, that is a "strong woman" that still is a woman to Cassandra in DA 2 that is a man with tits.Failure really follows him, being the leader designer on many cancelled titles to be a backer of cancelled kickstarters and scams.:lol:

Gord

Arcane
The interesting thing is that there are still people falling for it.

Which reminds me, is Roguey a Volourn alt?

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
One is calm, the other is screaming, but the modus operandi is similar enough...

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

Hmm, I'll ask him about this. He probably won't reply though.

Might have been because it was multiplayer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom