Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That's fucking shitty to hear. :( I hope Larian can still somehow show off their game.

Norfleet

See, this is all caused by the newfangled "lightweight" computer fad. Back in the good old days, when you needed a forklift to even MOVE the damned thing, they were NEVER stolen. My computer remains oldschool. Between the batteries and the case armor, my desktop brick weighs like 200 pounds. It's not going to be easy to steal that sucker, not the least of which because your awkward attempts to move it will trigger the antitheft systems built into it.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Somebody just totally came and stole PCs with Larian's games only 3.5 people care about on Day 1 of Gamescon when only trade partners are allowed in. Not random joe like you and me. Not even journos.
I bet some guys from bioware did it, nothing is going to surprise me about them anymore.

Norfleet

Realistically, the thief was probably not one of the journalists, all of whom would likely be well off enough not to resort to stealing computers for money, but probably the maintenance personnel, the people who sweep the floors stuff and move the equipment...or someone posing as such. Someone like that would be much more likely to get away with simply wheeling off a piece of equipment uncontested. If a bunch of overalled men show up after hours and start boxing up and carting off the equipment, they are unlikely to be challenged or stopped.

WhatsHisFace

Educated
In some actually game-related news, here's a 20 minute video from the Gamescom presentation of D:OS:

E3 presentation (different from the Gamescom one) in case you hadn't seen it yet:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Looking good?

The conversation concept is interesting. Action RPG is probably not the perfect place to implement one, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it will work in the final game.

made

Arcane
Kiddy art style and overall casual feel aside, this is shaping up to be one of the most promising titles of 2013.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
This is the most promising title since TOEE and not only 2013.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I have to agree. I'm not sure what to make of Turd Commander either at this point and the art direction in these demos was kind of an 'instant console disneyland' turnoff for me but it seems like it might be okay. I liked Divine Divinity and despite it's initial diabloesque combat and light hearted tone it turned out to be among my favorite RPG's in the last ten years.

I don't know what to think anymore. Normally I try not to reply to threads about games that are miles away from being finished but sometimes you need hope in this bleak world.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have to agree. I'm not sure what to make of Turd Commander either at this point and the art direction in these demos was kind of an 'instant console disneyland' turnoff for me but it seems like it might be okay. I liked Divine Divinity and despite it's initial diabloesque combat and light hearted tone it turned out to be among my favorite RPG's in the last ten years.

I don't know what to think anymore. Normally I try not to reply to threads about games that are miles away from being finished but sometimes you need hope in this bleak world.

It is exclusivity for PC. It will not be on any console.

kris

Arcane
I like the cover concept art, don't recall seeing a pair of heroes hand-in-hand on a cover or a concept since ever. Maybe in Witcher? Not quite sure. In any case, looks good. And there's the white cat there!
Not that i'm implying anything but doesn't that looks like a dragon age cover a bit too much?

Red, black and white color scheme is a bit reminiscent, yes.

and the text with red "blood stain" behind it. Original/Origin even sounds similar. Not to forget the huge one-shoulder pad that is on both DA2 and this guy.

But that is just that, just a cover. I always found what is on the backside of a box more important at any rate. I bought EU1 sorerly on what I saw on the backside of its box. this one looks promising, but I personally don't like pre-determined player characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom