Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DMC4 on steam - saves don't work. halp pls

thesoup

Arcane
So I felt like playing DMC4. Downloaded it through GabenWare, started playing and after the tutorial mission I decided to save. I got an error message about not having enough disk space and that dmc4 requires at least 200kb of disk space to save games. I have something in the way of 20GB free so this is bullshit.
I googled around and found only two threads on the internet with the same problem. One person said he had to rename some save folder because it had a non-english character, which isn't the case with my folder, as far as I can tell. The other said running the game as administrator helped, but it didn't help me. The third said something about uninstalling an antivirus, which I don't even have, and my firewall allows dmc4 completely.

As a last resort, I tried to untick the read-only box in the properties of the folder where the save files go, but that didn't happen because windows 8.1 is retarded garbage and whoever designed it should be sent into the sun. I'll tinker with a workaround to this when I get back home from work.
The only other two things I can think of is to reinstall and use compatibility, neither of which I have faith in actually helping.

So did anyone else have the same problem or any ideas how to deal with this?

Btw, to the cuck mods who even think of merging this thread into the dmc thread - I will rape your mother, grandmother, sister, father, brother, dog, the hobo you once gave cash to, and then I will force you to play Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta.

thesoup

Arcane
Well the problem is definitely in the user account somehow because signing in as guest makes everything work normal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom