Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you play more female characters or male ones, and why?

Emily

Arcane
I myself alyways pick human female, and usualy an mage if posible.
Don't have a perticular reason for it, i just love seeing my alter ego to be pretty female, also i like if there are hawt armors, they somehow look much better on female then male, especialy stuff like plate mail, or archmage robes ( if any)
grace_holley_plate4.jpg

l2_elf010bg54483QW5.jpg

sexcellentti7.jpg

stock-photo-brunette-warrior-in-fantasy-plate-mail-with-two-swords-76655575.jpg

87243616.jpg

human_mage.jpg

I can't even remember when i last played male char : S

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Being a heterosexual male, I usually opt for male characters in roleplaying games.

Male.
Being female on second playthrough to see what i missed as male.
I don't like dudes who plays chicks,because it means that dude who likes to be female is more faggot(not gay,faggot) and less bro. :)

Tigranes

Arcane
Both.

I do find it harder to play character types that I don't have any personal knowledge of. That is, I've been around men and women, I've been around Caucasians and Asians. As it turns out I don't have a lot of black or hispanic friends (not many of them in New Zealand), so then I don't want to fall entirely into archetypes. Also tend to avoid playing big brawlers, mainly because thief / mage / archer types are more fun anyway, but also because it just seems to be a way of interacting with the world I've never been close to.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I play as both about equally much, most games doesn't do anything interesting with it so there really is no point in picking one over the other.

hello friend

Arcane
Always male.

I can understand playing as female, though. It's just a different perspective. I suppose people who play female characters are more emotionally detached from their avatar, and so it becomes a matter of what holds more visual appeal. Maybe it just comes down to how pixellated T&A can be and still be - shit, be titillating? Am I way off base here, Bratislav?

Tel Velothi

Cipher
If it's a human race - male - I just can't IMMERSHE myself into female. BUT if there's any beast race (doesn't matter if it's male or female) - I always pick it (for example Khajiits, Argonians) - it's just more interesting.

If I want to stare at female ass I do it on the internet, not in a video game, geez... Now where's my sexlivion.exe?

Shit thread, btw. How about "light or heavy armor"?

Emily

Arcane
Always male.

I can understand playing as female, though. It's just a different perspective. I suppose people who play female characters are more emotionally detached from their avatar, and so it becomes a matter of what holds more visual appeal. Maybe it just comes down to how pixellated T&A can be and still be - shit, be titillating? Am I way off base here, Bratislav?
Well honestly i am not sure myself, i started playing female chars mostly because i just love looking at girl's and i started doing that since i noticed how much better they look. But after a while i have come to enjoy even the little things that a game has in store for female chars
For instance there is alyways the more pressure on you since you are female. Mostly females in real world dont have that brute willpower to change the world and destroy everyting in their path, so in time i just feel more my char is much more special if it is female. Since it must be even harder for an female to acheve heroic acts and stuff.
Also i prefer to see my female char dies, it feels again much more special. Since she is a pretty girl, set out to do something, and now she is dead, she is not yet another male ( srsly males are dominant in games) she had more value. Also pretty corpse ,especialy if she was well dressed : D
I guess this must sound weird xDD, and it is : D

Kz3r0

Arcane

TripJack

Hedonist
i guess male since that is typically the default when there is a choice

plus women are incapable of rational thinking so having a female character going around saving the world or doing other video gamey shit just doesn't make sense

I always play males because i see myself as the hero so mass effect is the bstest rpf series for allowing me to mold shepards face to be just like my own(how awesome is that!?)

Shit thread, btw. How about "light or heavy armor"?

I keep forcing myself to try heavy, manly types but I always end up going back to lighly armored characters, usually with some form of ranged attack and someone or something to stay between me and the target, so I'll stay as far away from harm as possible.

It's a simple matter of logic. I'm not like other people, I can't stand pain, it hurts me.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Neutral-good male on first playthrough, and most of the time i end up playing rogue/thief even when i try playing as a mage...
Evil bitch (lol :misoginist:) on the second one. If the game is good enough for a second playthrough.

And i fucking hate hawt armour. Go back playing jap-shit if you like hawt armour.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Both, probably close to 50/50. When I pick a female character it's often just because they're easier to look at. Or because female characters are objectively better in Fallout 2 and Bloodlines.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Always male. Whenever I try to play as a female character, it just feels weird.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
About 50/50 I think. I pick depending on whim at the moment of character generation, with a bias towards men in serious RPGs and females in more casual games, particularly if the models have nice T&A.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i guess male since that is typically the default when there is a choice

plus women are incapable of rational thinking so having a female character going around saving the world or doing other video gamey shit just doesn't make sense

This. Female char is totally an immershun breaker for me.

I did enjoy the Bloodrayne games, but I don't like being distracted from my game by virtual tits.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I usually play female when it's a frontline character like a warrior, barbarian or something similar.

Random

Arcane
Patron
I just can't do female characters. I've given it a few tries here and there, even on tabletop pen and paper RPGs, but it seems to be something beyond me.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I mostly play females, because they look better and because I secretly would prefer to be a woman, so I play one in my RPGs, hurr.

Also I always play human, because humans are the BEST RACE.
Of course, when there are choices of skin color, I always choose white, because they are the BEST RACE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom