Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you play more female characters or male ones, and why?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm confident in my sexuality so I only play as charismatic(I larp handsome) white males with ripping muscles.

Shadenuat

Arcane
A fine battle hafling maiden, usually. :obviously:

Truly, I've DMed so many NPCs, some of which were long term villains or heroes and were female, that I don't really care a fuck and don't immersh myself in my char anymore. If writing supports it, I'll do two or more runs. In Arcanum, my female pacifist run was my favorite (aside from an evil dwarf with a flamethrower). Key word: ifwritingsupportsit. Cause usually it don't, and if you ask why, female biodrones would rape you (mentaly, I mean) cause they don't like when female chars do anything womanly and are played differently from males.

CorpseZeb

Learned
fancy name = neglect? Citation needed, my good man

No citation, just a few observation session of one of my cousin offspring's... oh, well, never mind then... but... anyway... how one can ever beat own super-fancy name? Gender is a tool, everything is a tool. Only Will prevail. Beer for Schopenhauer.

Luzur

Good Sir
Are heterosexual men THAT freaked out seeing a guys fully clothed characters back side? It's really up to you were you are looking.

exactly, this.

even the gay man can handle it better then the most of you, and he likes to stare at guys asses.

Kaol

Educated
I don't generally play females although i think the dwarf females in DAO are pretty hot so i played one.

laclongquan

Arcane
Whoever said about freaking?

I can stand looking at male figure: PST, Fallout 1-2, Silent Storm Sentinels, Hammer Sickle, etc...

It bores me prrrrrrrretty damn quick, though.

This is about entertainment. And entertainment mean tits, asses, thighs of females, yo!

funkadelik

Arcane
Males, always.

Who the fuck stares at their character as a sexual object anyways? That's the gayest reason I have ever heard of. "LOL I play females because I don't wanna stare at a guys ass LOL" Guess what, if that is the case, you might be a flamer.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
In older games it's pretty random what I pick. In newer ones, I go for whichever gender has the better voice actor/actress so the EMOTIONALLY ENGAGING CUTSCENES are more bearable.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Who the fuck stares at their character as a sexual object anyways? That's the gayest reason I have ever heard of. "LOL I play females because I don't wanna stare at a guys ass LOL" Guess what, if that is the case, you might be a flamer.
I don't see what's so hard to understand about it. If I'm going to be looking at something for several hours in a stretch and I can choose between something enjoyable (tits & ass) and something I don't care about either way (generic hero guy) and everything else is the same, I'm going with the female option. Every second spent looking at a guy's ass is a second not spent watching a girl's ass, which is a terrible waste of opportunity! :smug:

Kitako

Arcane
Depends on the beard. If the game offers good beards, I play dude, otherwise mobile tits support woman.

It's incredible how many games cannot into beards.

If the character beard is not visible in game, I usually pick male out of habit. Plus if the game have custom portraits and I can put a big beard on my portrait.

mondblut

Arcane
but you are supposed to watch the enemies/landscape/stats/level-up screen, not your chars ass.

Not when your char's ass is in the middle of the screen obscuring everything else behind. As for stats, games like those only have one, the AWESOME attribute.

Xzar

Augur
So far I only liked playing as a female protagonist in Resident Evil series, where I prefer it. Much to my dismay, latest games in the series not only getting more action-y, but also feature dumb and shallow male protagonists like Chris and Leon, while I'd like Jill and Claire all the way. In the rest of games I only play as a male character. Couldnt force myself to female playthrough in ME even after 3 attempts.

schluberlubs

Educated
Kinda' indifferent on the matter. Usually just roll with a bloke if the changes are just cosmetic & inconsequential. If their are mechanical changes (ADOM, Lambada rogue) or content (Fallout 1 + 2), then I'll play female sometimes.

Being kid + Tomb Raider 1 = When I have a choice I play female.

Funnily enough, Tomb Raider played a prominent part of my child hood too. The old low polygon count Lara in the Core games never tickled my pickle. On the other hand, I found her aesthetic in Legend most agreeable.:M

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
chicks, i find chicks attractive and pleasing to the eye.

That being said bloke shepard was the best and fallout is male only, simply cannot take the idea of a bull dyke surviving slave raids seriously.

laclongquan

Arcane
So far I only liked playing as a female protagonist in Resident Evil series, where I prefer it. Much to my dismay, latest games in the series not only getting more action-y, but also feature dumb and shallow male protagonists like Chris and Leon, while I'd like Jill and Claire all the way. In the rest of games I only play as a male character. Couldnt force myself to female playthrough in ME even after 3 attempts.

Ada Wong is sexy as hell. Kick zombie's ass in highslit cheongsam? Fuck yeah.

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
Funnily enough, Tomb Raider played a prominent part of my child hood too. The old low polygon count Lara in the Core games never tickled my pickle. On the other hand, I found her aesthetic in Legend most agreeable.

Almost after every new level I looked for a nearest corner or something to "block" the TPP camera and make Lara face the screen.. Ahh memories.
I don't think it was the polycount that mattered (I've never been a gfxwhore) but three things:

1. the imagination that fuelled my childhood and could grow even more when playing video games
2. the possibility to "control" grown up, agressive women,
3. her growns...
4. her outfit...

... I can see now that many fetishes persisted throughout childhood.

Do you guys remember the move & sound she did when you used CTRL+SHIFT+UP when you were hanging from ledge?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I do remember the sound she made when the fell down a loooong way.
I think that was the cutest one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom