Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Retardo Does anyone know what this thread is about?

mondblut

Arcane
In both cases, extensive meta game knowledge is required, genius, otherwise it's not possible.

Nope. In morrowind case, you have all the meta knowledge you need as soon as you make and drink a +alchemy potion twice and compare the results. Which is the first thing any reasonable person would try to begin with, in a time-honored "i wish for more wishes" tradition.

Furthermore, that shit doesn't happen by accident, you have to actively pursue them and it is therefore easy to avoid such exploits one way or the other. If you can't outside for speed running purposes, then you are a retard, pure and simple. I also find it hilarious how you make it sound that it is SOOOO hard to do in Fallout, when it is just as easy to exploit the shit out of the game. Funny though, sound like you hold Fallout to a high regard but you spit on MW "cuz exploitz".

Who says anything about "avoiding exploits"?

A summary for those whose "page up" key is broken:

Person A says, exploits are the fun part of morrowind.
Person B says, exploits are fun when they are an art to master, and in morrowind even anita sharkissian could figure them out and utilize them to hell and back after 5 minutes of playing.

Got anything of value to add?

Lhynn

Arcane
"Art to master" my ass. We are not talking castlevania symphony of the night here. We are talking about meta knowledge, not skill.
Fucking cocksucking fanboys "dont touch muh fallout".

Sykar

Arcane
Nope. In morrowind case, you have all the meta knowledge you need as soon as you make and drink a +alchemy potion twice and compare the results. Which is the first thing any reasonable person would try to begin with, in a time-honored "i wish for more wishes" tradition.

Who says anything about "avoiding exploits"?

A summary for those whose "page up" key is broken:

Person A says, exploits are the fun part of morrowind.
Person B says, exploits are fun when they are an art to master, and in morrowind even anita sharkissian could figure them out and utilize them to hell and back after 5 minutes of playing.

Got anything of value to add?

Are you kidding me, retard? I bet my ass off that you knew nothing about how to kill Dagoth Ur in 15 minutes or how to finish FO 1 in 10. You are just another ignorant fucktard pretending when in reality you didn't come up with any of that, just watched a YT video or read it up somewhere and then went apeshit over it, like the majority does. Furthermore, there is nothing hard about exploiting in FO or in MW and using exploits for or against a game as any kind of argument is retarded. Shit, I love both games and still do a run in both of them once in a while because both were really good games.

Anita Sarkisian figures what out? That the Nevarine is a white cis patriarchal supremacist and Asura a poor damsel in distress trope? Yeah, that's about the only thing that fraud can figure out in any game, since that is the only purpose in her wasted life. That, or playing poor victim.

mondblut

Arcane
"Art to master" my ass. We are not talking castlevania symphony of the night here. We are talking about meta knowledge, not skill.
Fucking cocksucking fanboys "dont touch muh fallout".

Learning meta knowledge (as opposed to googling it - we're talking 1997, buddy) is much more of an art than just rolling on with a game "the way it's supposed to be played" (by an average handholden dummy). So, yeah, that Fallout speedrun was impressive. Way more impressive than potion spamming, anyway.

Oh, and which part of 'designers' limpwristed pandering to the "combat is teh hard, i wanna be able to win teh game as a professional stripper" crowd... Pretty pathetic' stands for "dont touch muh fallout"?

Are you kidding me, retard? I bet my ass off that you knew nothing about how to kill Dagoth Ur in 15 minutes or how to finish FO 1 in 10. You are just another ignorant fucktard pretending when in reality you didn't come up with any of that, just watched a YT video or read it up somewhere and then went apeshit over it, like the majority does.

:butthurt:

You must be that one person who didn't figure the alchemy trick, right? :lol:

Anita Sarkisian figures what out? That the Nevarine is a white cis patriarchal supremacist and Asura a poor damsel in distress trope? Yeah, that's about the only thing that fraud can figure out in any game, since that is the only purpose in her wasted life. That, or playing poor victim.

She'd still discover the alchemy is a tool of instant female liberation in no time.

Sykar

Arcane
Learning meta knowledge (as opposed to googling it - we're talking 1997, buddy) is much more of an art than just rolling on with a game "the way it's supposed to be played" (by an average handholden dummy). So, yeah, that Fallout speedrun was impressive. Way more impressive than potion spamming, anyway.

Oh, and which part of 'designers' limpwristed pandering to the "combat is teh hard, i wanna be able to win teh game as a professional stripper" crowd... Pretty pathetic' stands for "dont touch muh fallout"?

:butthurt:

You must be that one person who didn't figure the alchemy trick, right? :lol:

She'd still discover the alchemy is a tool of instant female liberation in no time.

Of course the speedrun was made 1997, dipshit.
Yeah, super impressive spamming "start combat" over and over to skip fights and knowing what skills you need at a high enough level with tag, dat skill bro!:troll:

Matter of fact I didn't know about the alchemy exploit since I never had Alchemy as a minor or major skill since you know, people play to fucking role play and I never cared about it. I did have enchanting and played mages mostly which were more than sufficient to break the game anyway so w/e. I don't need cheap crap like that and never used it as an argument for or against a game. I do make fun of dumbasses like you who try to paint one game over the other superior via exploits. Hilarious to see how fucking retarded that line of reasoning is.

mondblut

Arcane
Butthurt detected :lol:

what's the matter, did a feminist try to change your opinion on something. show me where on the doll your tremendous sense of obtuseness lies

That would probably trigger and gazerape you. Nope, you need to try harder to earn your Patreon share.

mondblut

Arcane
And now comes the repeating quotations after your idiotic "argument" got trashed.:butthurt:
Better luck next time.

Me: exploiting Morrowind is not fun because it's piss-easy.
Big dog: SHITFUCKTARDPISSTURDroleplay!11 TURDPISSSHITTARDFUCKargument!!11 TARDPISSSHITFUCKTURDiwin!111

Whatever, Spot. Run along and try not to shit on the carpet. :roll:

Lhynn

Arcane
The newfag is right mondblut, give us a valid argument or concede, i grow tired of watching you jump from fallacy to fallacy.

If you dont like morrowind thats fair enough tho, it simply doesnt have what you look for in an rpg.

mondblut

Arcane
The newfag is right mondblut, give us a valid argument or concede, i grow tired of watching you jump from fallacy to fallacy.

What fallacies? For expoiting to be "fun" as you initially claimed, it requires skills to pull off. Indepth understanding of ruleset, trying all the unobvious and obscure things, going where no QA professional working on the game went before.

In MW, you simply access one of the core functionalities, do the most obvious thing with it (so, the strength of my potions depends on a skill...what if I start with a potion raising that very skill? how clever of me!) and instantly open a floodgate to unlimited power that makes the entire ruleset insignificant in comparison. What's "fun" about it, seriously?

That's regardless of whether I don't like Morrowind (I do believe it to be vastly overrated next to Daggerfall, but still acceptable), or like Fallout (just a tiny bit better than MW, because turn-based, yet also vastly overrated).

Lhynn

Arcane
Non sequitur mostly.
Whats fun about it? have you gotten creative in that game? it can be pretty fucking fun. I liked arena and daggerfall better too, but i cant say morrowind is bad, not when exploring it feels so gud.

laclongquan

Arcane
What fallacies? For expoiting to be "fun" as you initially claimed, it requires skills to pull off. Indepth understanding of ruleset, trying all the unobvious and obscure things, going where no QA professional working on the game went before.

In MW, you simply access one of the core functionalities, do the most obvious thing with it (so, the strength of my potions depends on a skill...what if I start with a potion raising that very skill? how clever of me!) and instantly open a floodgate to unlimited power that makes the entire ruleset insignificant in comparison. What's "fun" about it, seriously?

That's regardless of whether I don't like Morrowind (I do believe it to be vastly overrated next to Daggerfall, but still acceptable), or like Fallout (just a tiny bit better than MW, because turn-based, yet also vastly overrated).

And checkmate. It's one of the core aspect of Bethesda is that their QA department apparently doesnt play the game. Or a directive from up high to "leave that easy exploit in~ We dont need our sheeps confused on how to overpower everything!". From Morrowind engine to Fallout 3 engine.

The other core aspect, of course, is that their writing department has shit taste. Simply shit.

mondblut

Arcane
Or a directive from up high to "leave that easy exploit in~ We dont need our sheeps confused on how to overpower everything!".

Considering the amount of cumulative nerfing alchemy was hit with in oblivion (Int has no effect AND skills and stats going over 100 mostly do not give any further bonuses AND any magic boosts to alchemy do not affect potion power at all), that's highly unlikely. Moar like, "le fuck, we'll need an entire new system to fix that alchemy mess" :smug:

The other core aspect, of course, is that their writing department has shit taste. Simply shit.

Pfft, writing didn't matter in 1991, and what's good for 1991 RPGs, is good enough forever :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom