Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 Grim Antiquity Sub Needed

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hey folks, we need a sub for Hinnom in our Grim Antiquity game. Anybody who wants to hop in will be fine. It's slow research, no independent recruitment, etc.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-grim-antiquity.102423/

Hinnom is still in a good position even though they've staled about 7 turns in a row(probably has a lot of gold!). Nobody wanted to kick a giant when they were down I guess.

This is just a slice of what your life could be:

JYtupT7.jpg

A Marverni capital that's probably been breached for five turns. Spiders running around ignoring you. A friendly Scythian neighbor. And C'tis is attacking you somewhere. Look at that throne though! You're actually 2/6ths towards victory in this game. Just imagine...

3SKdC8K.jpg

I have supplied a handbook if you are unfamiliar with Giants.

51ROaq9-YZL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Nobody wants to play giants in an age when they wipe the floor with lesser beings? I am disappointed(your blood hunting will suck though). It's low magic! Cmon bros.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Hmmmmm... okay, I'll bite.

Welcome to Team Losers! Here is what's going on:

- Sauromatia dominates the game;
- Arcoscephale and C'tis are Sauromatia's marionettes, obeying every word of their "master";
- Machaka is about to become another marionette;
- You had a major stale streak, so you can expect Sauromatia & co to come for you in the near future with offer of "protection" and "alliance" (my ass);
- THE REBEL NATION THERODOS ENDURES! Never loses, never breaks, never surrenders!

To bend the knee like Arcoscephale and C'tis, and play kingmaker for Sauromatia? Or to join the proud rebel ranks? Make your key choice!

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I'm almost tempted to switch nations at this point. Anybody wants Therodos? :roll:

Just kiddin'. The captain always sinks with the ship.
Therodos trully is dreadful. I tried them recently in pbem and essentially nothing works. They are like Yomi, a bunch of good ideas, none of which work together so you end up with something almost as bad as EA Rlyeh.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Actually, it almost worked out for me. I can still beat whatever Arcoscephale throws against me, and pretty sure I can destroy any Sauromatian army too. I was outplayed strategically in this game, first by C'tis rush-invasion (pwnd my constructing castle one turn before it was finished), then by Sauromatia's betrayal. Also, starting position was pure shite - an isolated 4-province lake, ffs.

But even then, I'll show those Scythians something they will never forget! :argh:

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
My thought process was.... "Fuck I'm going to have no gold, so fuck gold."
It was a bad bad bad idea :D
I took an awake Kraken with D9, A6, E6. He is still having a lot of fun killing things, everything else is absolutely and utterly terrible :lol:. Didn't help that I started right next to (2 provinces away) from Helheim, who easily kicked me off dry land by turn 6 and there was no way I was getting back on land ever again.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah, getting a foothold on land is the tricky part. Therodos needs those surface forgers. I decided to go scales + E9W4 bless on imprisoned Telkhine God-King. Basically, "fuck the undead, I shall roll with living ones". Dem spectres are useless as shit in EA - everybody has high MR (= immunity to spectral weapons) and anything counters spectral undead.

The cap-only sacreds, on the other hand, are extremely cool. And Melias are perfect for thugging.

lnemriqtqk.jpg

We play with very difficult research setting, so I grabbed Constr4 only recently. With blessings, self-buffing and Legions of Steel from Daktyls, my sacred units have 21 prot and Melias 24-26. Combine that with 20+ def, 18-20 attack, Awe 1 on Melias - you get the idea. E9 was also supposed to solve the gold problem later on (Earth Gem Alchemy from Alt 6). It could have worked, but Therodos basically has one shot - either you make it on surface and manage to fortify position; or it will take forever to gather enough gold for second try.

Would play this nation again, though. Preferably in somewhat more traditional game, with research and gems and shit.

mondblut

Arcane
Welcome to Team Losers! Here is what's going on:

- Sauromatia dominates the game;
- Arcoscephale and C'tis are Sauromatia's marionettes, obeying every word of their "master";
- Machaka is about to become another marionette;
- You had a major stale streak, so you can expect Sauromatia & co to come for you in the near future with offer of "protection" and "alliance" (my ass);
- THE REBEL NATION THERODOS ENDURES! Never loses, never breaks, never surrenders!

To bend the knee like Arcoscephale and C'tis, and play kingmaker for Sauromatia? Or to join the proud rebel ranks? Make your key choice!

Uh, why isn't it still over, then? It's not like any of them can go underwater considering the game settings.

Anyway, that depends on pretender build.

Eyeball

Arcane
So this thread is about advertising for a sub for your dom.

Didn't know this was that kind of forum.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
There's a lot of libel going on in this thread and I refute all of it. Anyways, mondblut if you wish to join, PM me your email and I'll make it happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom