Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM - Season 7 - Summer Salsa [ 9 PEOPLE WAITING ON MUTY ]

Zibniyat

Arcane
Can Caelum please stop harassing my Ulm? What did I ever do to you... which you hadn't already done to me?

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Current management of Caelum is not responsible for anything done by the previous management, whatever it was.

That, or your maps are way off. Anything east of Urals and south of Caucasus is not Ulm.

I suggest to reroute harvesters elsewhere, or I will start harassing your Ulm in the earnest.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Staled 2 turns..... come back. Most of the empire taken by Ulm..... still make 3000+ gold...... somehow won several battles with no scripts :D

It's like the god that doesn't care, just pops in every so often to see how the mortals are killing each other.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Fuck Harvester, I'm done with them.

I need 72 h turns from now on, can't do everything properly. Otherwise, consider that I request a 24 h extension per turn for every turn from now on.

mondblut

Arcane
Pah. I finally deploy something dedicated to efficiently hunt harvesters, and you choose that very turn to kill 5 of them against regular chaff? Couldn't you do that a turn earlier?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Fuck Harvester, I'm done with them.

I need 72 h turns from now on, can't do everything properly. Otherwise, consider that I request a 24 h extension per turn for every turn from now on.

72 seems a bit much? You sure?

Zibniyat

Arcane
72 h is 3 days. For the scope of this game and the size of this map - sufficient. Anything less and it is too little time for me, unfortunately perhaps...

KoolNoodles

Arcane
An eventful turn for Xibalba. RIP Batman.
SfSBr5N.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Had to postpone a bit because I'm dumb and didn't submit before heading out. Will have the turn sent in the next 3-4 hours though. :dead:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This game is good fun though for late game theorycrafting. For instance, I've been moving lowly troops(and my Pretender) around with Stygian Paths, mostly for fun. It's not bad! Especially on this insane map where getting from point A to point B is sometimes a nightmare(no pun intended).

Better now with GoH up. :smug:

Edit: Example:
f0XXgZv.jpg

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Don't you love it when you cloud trapeze and teleport casters into battle from all over the world, when every single one counts, painfully deploy them without the benefit of "y", and find out you sent a quarter of them to wrong province? :negative:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
You came out way ahead though. Not only did those dumb worm mages(the rest is chaff) retreat when they could have easily killed that Shedu, but their immortality doesn't count because my capital is underwater(woops!) :badnews:

mondblut

Arcane
You came out way ahead though. Not only did those dumb worm mages(the rest is chaff) retreat when they could have easily killed that Shedu, but their immortality doesn't count because my capital is underwater(woops!) :badnews:

Well, that skellyspam seraph, yazad and their bottles could have ensured that someone beside the pretender survives at my side :negative: Funny, in my tests I lost 1/3 the time because those fucking mages just refused to die and to flee. 50 turns of being stomped by elementals and respawning, then turn 100 falls, everybody dies.

Anyway, I think immortality doesn't count for retreat to enemy territory-kill too? I feel myself almost Grimwulf for executing that :cool:

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Well, that skellyspam seraph, yazad and their bottles could have ensured that someone beside the pretender survives at my side :negative: Funny, in my tests I lost 1/3 the time because those fucking mages just refused to die and to flee. 50 turns of being stomped by elementals and respawning, then turn 100 falls, everybody dies.

Anyway, I think immortality doesn't count for retreat to enemy territory-kill too? I feel myself almost Grimwulf for executing that :cool:

That is true, I had forgotten that since it rarely comes up(in my experience). Regardless, my mages would have died anyways(?) and shouldn't have ran. :lol: I actually can't find an answer to immortality and amphibious/non-amphibious etc. , I just assumed. It was a good setup, and something I thought might happen. But I also figured three worm mages geared up would eventually win almost any battle.

Can't say I like that immortality rule on retreat, then. Immortal = Immortal. :M

mondblut

Arcane
Regardless, my mages would have died anyways(?) and shouldn't have ran. :lol:

They have a bunch of dung-beetles for a brain, what did you expect? :lol:

Can't say I like that immortality rule on retreat, then. Immortal = Immortal. :M

Same could be said about fliers, yet they still get swatted at retreat to enemy or retreat from defending a deathtrap castle :/ Or hell, the entire rout-by-turn-number functionality. Oh well, once in a blue moon a retarded game mechanic worked in my favor for a change. Guess I should be grateful :obviously:

mondblut

Arcane
Come to think of it, the deathtrap castles in Dom4 synergize awfully with timed battle end. As an attacker, you don't need so much as scratch the defenders, all you need is to be unkillable and unroutable. Got 20 paralyzes upon your head? Awesome. Just do not die for 75 turns, and you scored a flawless victory with every single defender majically dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom