Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 5 Announced

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Grimwulf share your monocled and spirit-fueled opinion on this

Also welcome back to the Kodex old chap, I did miss you. I know I'm late welcoming you back, let this message lay here as a testimony of my eternal shame :oops:

Edit: wait why general and not strategy gaming HeatEXTEND ?

Jinn

Arcane
Sounds like very little focus on any single-player content again. It's a shame, because when I got Dominions 4 I thought I'd have a decent smaller campaign to play through at least. While I realize there technically is something like that, it's clearly not the focus of these games.

downvote me as much as you want, but all those changes seem worthy of a patch, an expansion maybe, definitely not of an entire new game.
this game needs an INTERFACE total rework, but that would require actual work, it's not like shuffling some numbers around and hoping for the best.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Also welcome back to the Kodex old chap, I did miss you. I know I'm late welcoming you back, let this message lay here as a testimony of my eternal shame :oops:

Mods? A helping hand?

Mods? A helping hand?
We already got a thread in Strategy. This one is here for greater exposure! :shittydog:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Real time combat seems like a step forward, as long as it works.

New population-based recruitment system is logical and all, but it only makes life harder for human nations. Those who actually deploy legions of recruited units. Unless they make it unit-dependent or smth (giant recruits demand more population res than human recruits).

New fort system was definitely needed. Right now everybody just utilizes basic availiable forts, barely ever building improvements for them.

New research queue, researching is now one school at a time

Errr..? Why? I mean, what was wrong with the old system?

Updated user interface with information more clearly presented than before

B-but that will bring casuls into muh Dominions! :negative:

Other than that, it's pretty much new content, quirks and rebalance. Which is great.

GLORY BE!

:russia:

Dayyālu

Arcane
downvote me as much as you want, but all those changes seem worthy of a patch, an expansion maybe, definitely not of an entire new game.
this game needs an INTERFACE total rework, but that would require actual work, it's not like shuffling some numbers around and hoping for the best.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-announced.84024/

It looks literally the same as dom3 with SLIGHTLY improved graphics.
I just talked to OutOf8's James Allen and he confirmed this. Same game, thrones gimmick to solve lategame stalemates, minimal UI changes. It feels more like a patch or an expansions, and the $30/€22 price tag is undeserved.

Four years ago, same thread, same problem

"YADDA YADDA YADDA I WANT INTERFACE BECAUSE I WANT INTERFACE"

Tbh, you are even right, but if you ask me if I prefer them shitting out a somewhat less obtuse interface or MORE NATIONS MORE CHANGES etc, well, I'll take more content every day. I already broke myself to adapt to the interface, plus Dominions is kinda of an easy game to learn compared to hardcore MP experiences.

In short, I don't care, and will throw money at Illwinter nonetheless. It's not like I have other games to buy.

KateMicucci

Arcane
"Just patch in a complete rework of the combat system"

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
5kiGwrp.jpg
Where is Mister Bones from? The palette and style remind me of Sword and Sorcery Underworld?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
9. New LA nation is Pelagia, it has heavy incest lore.
Awesome!
More power to the UW folks (which were sorely missing from LA).
I hear they start on land, just like atlantis.
Oh, come on!
:negative:

Then again, maybe it will be like a reverse Therodos? You start on land, but actually want to go into the water because your unit production actually requires it.

I just want some proper UW in LA that is not R'lyeh. :argh:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That reminds me that I hope that they improve the messaging system to include some obscene shit like a cursor and the possibility to move said cursor.

rezaf

Cipher
This came out of nowhere and it's pretty close to release as well. Wish they'd try to work on making the game more SP friendly, but Illwinter is probably not interested in even attempting that.
Wanna SP? Get a pirated version.

This would be nice freeware game, when they wouldn't charge 30-50$ for it.

They have a pretty darn effective copy protection scheme, though - much better than Denuvo.
First, the games are fairly niche. Then, they frequently update and go through the trouble of blacklisting individual keys or even key ranges that are "out in the wild".
Also, their copy protection works slyly, in CoE4 the game would run just fine and start, but if you ended your first turn, all your units would be wiped and you'd auto-lose the game.
And there were like 5 scene cracked releases of CoE4, none of which ACTUALLY worked. :lol:

TigerKnee

Arcane
Aww yeah, time to
only play against the terrible cheating AI and never play multiplayer because you don't want to shit up games with your badness :negative:

KateMicucci

Arcane
You'll never get good playing single player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom