Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
My undead see that fat man wearing some rags and carrying a shield that has shit growing on it and they are like FUCKING GET HIM

Then the fat lumpy brown man with the strange shield and shit is like YOU FOOLS

Last edited:
Well, this game is over. Even if Mictlan, Lanka and Niefelheim join together, it's too late to stop the inevitable. Good job, guys. Love it when we let people win games without a fight.

The weather was so bad for so long, that none of us could see Agartha building up his power. All those blizzards blocking the view. Damn!

PS. Please, send your gems, magic items and slaves to Vanheim before you go. Thanks in advance.

Dom4 crashes a few turns into the battle so I don't actually know what happened, but I still learned a valuable lesson - if you put your troops in a line and then cast mass flight, they will still dutifully walk to the enemy instead of flying. Which actually turned out well for me here since the frost fiends kept targeting the cold-resistant penumbrals, at least in the first few turns I can watch :)

Line formation and attack orders -> units move slowly.
Line formation and hold and attack orders -> units wait two turns, then move at full speed.

It's weird.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
vtVjcUq.jpg

popcorn-blank.gif

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well, after casting cloud trapeze to try to catch out Mabakiel before he stealths, my preteder got attacked by Kurgi:

20160403162344_1.jpg

He is now feebleminded :) I'm not sure whether immortality can cure that, but after that Astral Geyser the poor feebleminded guy will probably get attacked by horrors and die and be reborn every turn, forever.

images

Also, what's with Grimwulf's stall? I can't really say I'm motivated to fight a stalling opponent, and this game is a bit distasteful already (what with the vitriol being thrown around and fighting under AC being annoying :) ).

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
What you saying about Vitriol mate?

giphy.gif

Don't make me get Kurgi on to you again

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
KoolNoodles if you would mind not harassing me with your shit, I will send whats left of my population as a migration wave of Ghouls and blood slave summons at sqeecoo as my final gift to the world

That spike is your Golem's doing

The spike back up is conscription

3mHi5El.png

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well, is there any point in playing this any more, with Grimwulf stalling? There's not much achievement in winning if your main opponent quits one (1!) turn into the great war we have been preparing for. That's some major self-fulfilling prophecy right there :D

If Nifelheim had fought to the end (or at all), I think Mictlan would have a solid opportunity to match my research in all relevant areas, recast AC, keep GoH, and win with blood summons supported by mass horror castings. I'm probably stronger in a straight fight right now and would hope to win even then, but Mictlan is not too far behind. I'm sure that was Mictlan's plan too.

So, shall we call it a draw between KN and me and wrap it up? I was looking forward to a final showdown with Mictlan but beating up huge stalling Nifelheim is just too boring + unfair advantage.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Can we find a sub for Nief at least, if Grimwulf is serious? And postpone if we need to? Dreaad ?

Already asked Lizzurd to switch AI for me. Again, I have no access to my Dominions laptop atm.
Well there's no point continuing with Nief as AI imo. The following turn the AC caster will probably try to forge a starshine cap or something stupid and get killed, and Agartha gets free reign on the heart of Nief territory.

Lizzurd

Cipher
Can we find a sub for Nief at least, if Grimwulf is serious? And postpone if we need to? Dreaad ?

Already asked Lizzurd to switch AI for me. Again, I have no access to my Dominions laptop atm.
Well there's no point continuing with Nief as AI imo. The following turn the AC caster will probably try to forge a starshine cap or something stupid and get killed, and Agartha gets free reign on the heart of Nief territory.
I can continue to play as it.

sqeecoo

Arcane
nonononono please anyone but LizzurdThat would be great Lizzurd, thanks!

I agree there's no point continuing with Nifel as AI, but then again I kinda already have free reign over the heart of his territory :P However from my experience in D10 with Lemuria, I don't doubt Lizzurds ability to be a massive pain even after mostly being defeated :salute:

I'll just add 24 hours for us to sort this sub situation and give Lizzurd a bit of time to figure stuff out. Lizzurd, please confirm if you've gotten the turn file and decided to sub, I'll have to rearrange the completely half-assed turn I just sent in.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Niefel jarls seem to handle also liquid mercuries and penumbrals with ease, and only die to routing while having nowhere to run.

Show us these victories, because my scouts keep dying and all I see is Agartha putting a beatdown on Nief(their capital, for instance). :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom