Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
In Doom 2016 i maxed health then ammo then armor. I did the same here but in insight i may have picked ammo first. It's just the increment is tiny compared to the original game. Also armor is more useful because it's easier to recoup, easier than health actually once you get the super shotgun full upgrade.

BTW, Arc Complex is an interesting level. You got volleys of enemies one after the other instead of big arenas. It is a welcome change in pace.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also the Demon Hunter gets the award for the most annoying monster in the game. Gotta take down the shield with the plasma rifle but you gotta watch for a dozen imps and zombies that spawn just so you can refill health and ammo. That means you have to keep circling the fucking thing until there's no imps or zombies in sight and then try to take the bastard off the flying scooter, but half the time the imps show up the second you try to take the shield off so you have to make another round and try again. Took me WAY too long to kill it.
You don't have to bother with shooting plasma on the body. You can just shoot his sled directly with a minigun or a Blood Punch.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Wow, the challenge arena in Arc Complex was pretty fucking intense. Had to redo it more than half a dozen times. I just wish things weren't so random. At one point i actually jumped over a ledge at the exact moment that big fire Hell Knight was stomping on that exact spot. It's just impossible to predict that kind of shit. Also the Demon Hunter gets the award for the most annoying monster in the game. Gotta take down the shield with the plasma rifle but you gotta watch for a dozen imps and zombies that spawn just so you can refill health and ammo. That means you have to keep circling the fucking thing until there's no imps or zombies in sight and then try to take the bastard off the flying scooter, but half the time the imps show up the second you try to take the shield off so you have to make another round and try again. Took me WAY too long to kill it.

Also, first time the Cyberdemon wannabe guys showed up, before they were introduced in the actual game. They kinda of suck.

What? He's easy. I just stock up on plasma stay close to him and circle strafe/dash, then envelop him with Plasma Gun projectiles and when the alt fire is fully charged I blast him to bits. I also spam the grenades, Flame Belch whenever I get the opporunity.

The super heavies are really not that hard once you get the hang of it. I am kind of disappointed you can just kill the Cyberdemon with 1 crucible charge. Should be three charges per Super Heavy.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
I can tell that streamer has never been gangbanged by 8 Revenants, 4 Chaingunners and 1 ArchVile in a Doom WAD before. I would love to see him play Plutonia.

sullynathan

Arcane

First time I fought a Tyrant and there were two of them. No BFG yet, but the Plasma gun is superb in this game compared to 2016. It's my go-to automatic weapon. Also never fought the giant fire claws demon either and was surprised that I couldn't chainsaw the tyrant.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What? He's easy. I just stock up on plasma stay close to him and circle strafe/dash, then envelop him with Plasma Gun projectiles and when the alt fire is fully charged I blast him to bits. I also spam the grenades, Flame Belch whenever I get the opporunity.

By himself he is easy but that particular arena had dozen extra guys. So i had to kill those, try to take a shot at him, but they kept spawning six at a time so i had to circle for five minutes straight. It wasn't hard in the sense i was in any danger, the big fire Hell Knight that came before was harder, but it was just frustrating.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Also the Demon Hunter gets the award for the most annoying monster in the game. Gotta take down the shield with the plasma rifle but you gotta watch for a dozen imps and zombies that spawn just so you can refill health and ammo. That means you have to keep circling the fucking thing until there's no imps or zombies in sight and then try to take the bastard off the flying scooter, but half the time the imps show up the second you try to take the shield off so you have to make another round and try again. Took me WAY too long to kill it.
You don't have to bother with shooting plasma on the body. You can just shoot his sled directly with a minigun or a Blood Punch.

Hah! That's what i get for turning off those tutorials lmao.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
this is the biggest Doom Eternal shill annoyed for 17 minutes straight that people have to gall to say negative things about the game

really, if you don't like Doom Eternal, you just don't like fun /s

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You have to complete them to unlock the Unmakyr gun. For post gameplay there's the master levels, but there are only two of them at the moment.

I'm more saying I doubt they expect everyone to do every collectible and challenge fight their first time through the game.

Jezal_k23

taviow Lyric Suite

I got bored of Doom Eternal and didn't finish it, but I'm curious if you guys invested in ammo capacity with whatever the skill points are called because it seemed very clear to me in both Doom 2016 and Eternal that ammo capacity was strictly superior to a health bump.

Ammo was my priority throughout the early game, then health, then armor.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Man the writing in this game is beyond shit. It makes 2016 seem almost good by comparison.

Just killed the Marauder. Bitch ass didn't have a chance, since i now know you can bypass the reload animation by switching weapons:

Just shot him and then gauss him (i mean, ballista him) when he is staggered lul. Somebody in the comments said Doom 2016 had this too but then they "fixed" it, so i'm not sure if it's an exploit or not, but hey, it works.

BTW, i had no idea using the weapon wheel slowed down the game. Consoles lmao wtf.

A horse of course

I unsubbed from ggman. He's just been a generic shill for years and rarely bothers covering boomer stuff anymore unless it gets re-released by Nightdive or something.

Learned
Isn't he the cock gobbler who sang praises to Fallout 76 because it's a multiplayer game therefore "fun with friends"?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
this is the biggest Doom Eternal shill annoyed for 17 minutes straight that people have to gall to say negative things about the game

really, if you don't like Doom Eternal, you just don't like fun /s

On one hand, you got the retarded manchildren who bitch that the game is too teh hard, and than you have the shills who say the game is a timeless masterpiece and can't do no wrong. Hard to say which is more face palm inducing.

Civvie will probably praise this game too but then again if you liked 2016 (and he did) this game really isn't that terribly different. Yeah they ruined some things but it's still basically the same shit so to say you loved the 2016 game to death and that this one is the worst game ever by comparison is an overreaction.

Personally, as insufferable as the hypetards are, i just can't help smirk at the retarded normies finding that the game is too difficult for them. They can't ignore it because this is the mega super AAA greatness they all obsess over constantly and yet their popemaole gaming skills are finally laid bare and they can't hide behind their Doritos and Mountain Dews anymore.

BTW, new grievance. The lighting and color palette is starting to grate on my nerves. I disliked it when i first saw it but now it's starting to really piss me off. The whole sequence when the Slayer walks around the scientists (who are all niggers for some reason lul) looks soo fucking bad. It almost reaches cartoon levels.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Played a bit of UV.

No real opinion yet but I did find it strange the game was giving me extra lives -- that implies it is designed in part around you dying. But when I used up all my extra lives (got caught in a chain loop death vs an arachnid in a phonebooth), I did not have any left thereafter. So what's the point, exactly? The checkpoint was about 3 steps from where I used all my lives, I'd rather have used no lives at all and just restarted at the checkpoint. Is it implied that I should just restart the level and gather the lives again? Talk about schizo design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom