Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

I bet you anything they left out the "easy" jobs like writing to the wombyn while keeping the real nerds for critical stuff like programming.

That would explain these masterpieces of writing:

Finished Arc Complex on Ultra-Nightmare with 100% completion so far.

It's been quite easy since I got the super shotgun and immediately upgraded it to max + farmed kills in a respawning room. Really the only mistake you can make is thinking that you are safe with anything less than max armor at all times. If you are hit by anything you always go defensive and zip around with the super shotgun till you are full again.

I think my new most hated enemy are the snakes. Their attacks have decent range and home in, they are hard to pick out of a crowd, I really can't figure out how to avoid being hit aside from just stay in the air or on another level at all times. When rooms spawn 3 at a time its one of the few things that I actually need to go aggressive on. It's not like Mancubi where you can neuter them or the tyrant and similar enemies that are slow and just end up standing clumped up in the center of the room while you circle around. The snakes spread out and you'll run into them one after another as you circle around, often taking damage. As usual rocket homing attack works and the icebomb is also pretty good.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That would explain these masterpieces of writing:

I don't think that writing was much different from average game writing, but it was 100% retarded to have 4-5 random audio log stations sitting in random spots in one level of the game that killed the entire pacing and indeed "never stop killing!" design focus of the game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Dante is not a pretty boy.

Of course he isn't. Ho wait:

Wrong again he's the Wacky Woohoo Pizza Man:

452.png

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Like that hologram lady. On the last level she was outright evil and doing propaganda TO the demons like WTF?
:dead:

That's kinda the running gag of the game and clear parody of lefty pc policies done by megacorporations.
The UAC allowed the demons to invade Earth and use propaganda so people don't become aware of the danger demons possess -examples include using inclusive terms like "mortally challenged", or saying "Earth is the melting pot of the universe".
These things were already shown in the 2018 demo which triggered a bunch of SJWs.
We even discussed it in this very thread at the time.

Gah, lost my ultra nightmare game at the gladiator. I'm a retard who gets hit by every wave of his energy chain attack.

Draconis

Liturgist
I wonder if the post-release content is gonna be any good. Fuck man, I miss the good old days with map editors and mod tools.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

JDR13

Arcane
Replaying Doom 3 after finishing Eternal and in level two the shotgun has a max ammo of like 150 shells. :lol:

I replayed Doom 3 a couple years ago with the Hi-Def mod. It makes the visuals significantly better for the most part. - https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-bfg-hi-def

There was another mod I used that improved the wimpy gun sounds, but I can't remember the name.
The Trent Reznor sounds thingie?

Possibly, but I can't be sure. I just remember it made guns like the pistol and shotgun significantly louder and more realistic.

Doom 3 still looks fine, doesn't need any visual mods.

The Trent Reznor sounds thingie?

I didn't even know there was such a thing released. Could be cool to try out if I ever replay it. I don't hate Doom 3, I think it's pretty cool for a slower paced atmospheric shooter. It's just a shame combat wasn't better.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

"When I was a kid I wanted Doom 2 to be everything Doom Eternal is."

Then there's the comment on the video where someone thinks Eternal is better compared with Quake 1.

Why would you unleash this brain rape upon us, Nathan?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom