Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime DotA 2 vs LoL

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
As someone who has never bothered with anything WoW related, what's the deal with the Ghostcrawler guy?

He made WoW. Apparently everyone who worked on WoW is a gigantic turboautistic psychopath, as evidenced by him or Mark Kern for example. This also explains why WoW is such a soul crushing, degenerate experience to people who still process emotions.

More like… he inherited an already successful product and ultimately ended up pushing a million or so subscribers away.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Eventually, that is. WoW got so much momentum it would have been hard to totally ruin in a short amount of time.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As someone who has never bothered with anything WoW related, what's the deal with the Ghostcrawler guy?

He made WoW. Apparently everyone who worked on WoW is a gigantic turboautistic psychopath, as evidenced by him or Mark Kern for example. This also explains why WoW is such a soul crushing, degenerate experience to people who still process emotions.

More like… he inherited an already successful product and ultimately ended up pushing a million or so subscribers away.
A paltry million? That ain't even 10%.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Slark is awful, but Doom is trivialized pretty easily. Earth Spirit and Broodmother are the ones you should really worry about.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

WoW was never successful. It just made a ton of cash on the backs of literally a millions of monkeys keyboarding a whole genre into existence.

Sure, if you want to use money to quantify degrees of success, then WoW is super successful. But considering that even predatory animals like Mark Kern can show up with bags of money at the eleventh hour, I'd say making money as an activity is more akin to the instinctive reflex of an animal, than the careful planning to attain a goal that is typical for the cognitive ability of the human race.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
So what exactly are you using to quantify degrees of success for a video game and WoW failed at?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
ich spellar lita dota

LoL has better balance than dotard if anything. When I still followed that shit, an impressive variety of heroes were picked/banned in each tourney, much less monotonous than dotard like that.

Clearly didn't watch the last DotA international.

I raged so hard after my last Dota 2 match, all I wish is for this genre to rot in fucking hell. Ugh.

And no I'm not one of those guys, I don't type or use the mic to rage. But boy did I felt that defeat. Some arrogant retards just shouldn't be allowed to win on these games.

As for this thread, yeah I started with League after being invited by like 300 thousand people or something. It's good I guess, but recently I kinda moved to Dota 2 permanently, it's just an overall better moba with much more options. The whole "we balance the heroes by making eveyone feels like god" thing is funny but sometimes awful, like, zero counterplay available. So Doombringer used his ult on you, a typical mage. What exactly are you supposed to do other than alt tab and browse the internet until you're back?

Also, fuck Slark. Just fuck that Hero, it's as unbelievably irritating as LoL's Fizz is, and that's HUGE.

Doom's ult used to kill the hero outright back in the 5.5x days. That was probably when I enjoyed DotA the most, holy shit there was some OP shit back then (10 years ago holy fuck).

Slark is a fucking annoying hero depending on what your team is. I don't like the new change to him in December where you can't see him during his ult no matter what. The new shadow blade build with him is fucked. They've done some rather experimental things in the last patch, like the Broodmother pathing shit. I expect these to be fixed a bit better but yeah I'm not a huge fan of some of the changes to the gameplay (don't really like the faster gold either, but ymmv).

Last edited:

ASTRAL

Arcane
I am soo massively butthurt at the moment.
I made an experiment : playing my best heroes mainly brew, tide = 18 games win streak including some 4v5 and about 3 loses in 30 games .
Stop picking them = about 20 looses 2 wins you'll assume if you are not carrying massively(10 or more in KDA every game) at least someone will do decent apparently not .
:butthurt:

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I usually play supports so the game usually goes with whether my team plays good, sometimes your carry is just the biggest japanese hari-kiri suicidal 1v5 maniac (yeah get lots of asians on au servers). My last Enigma game I made a huge difference though.

So what exactly are you using to quantify degrees of success for a video game and WoW failed at?
fun

Your idea of fun differs from other people's ideas of fun, same as mine does. Granted, WoW is crap, but that doesn't mean that you can gauge its success based on your own opinion. For instance: I think that Maus is a sucky comic made by der juden to whine to the goyim but that doesn't mean that I'm right about it.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The current state of Dota 2 pub balance is retarded. People learn what is overpowered and because winning is fun and losing is not there are Earth Spirits, Bristlebacks, Death Prophets, etc. in every game.
It does not help that I pretty much only play with bad real life friends, so I am guaranteed 2 bad players on my team every single game. I could go mid and try to dominate the game myself, but I end up at a disadvantage because either we have no courier and no wards, or I buy them myself so the enemy mid starts with a big gold advantage. And upgrade courier on my own. Nobody else seems to think it's important. The sad thing is, it doesn't seem like the teams we get matched against have that problem.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
But you don't need to be the most skilled. It's more important that you'll have fans to draw in ad revenue for the sponsors. Obviously nobody is going to watch total scrubs play, but it's sure as hell not all about skill. And god forbid you say some racist shit on camera or something, then you can kiss your career goodbye.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm surprised how much they curse and say weird things during the DotA 2 casts. Last night (maybe 2 nights ago), Sheever and Puppey had about a minute of awkward conversation about sucking on a banana. In a way, I like it, but I wonder if the lack of structure and professionalism in the competitive MOBA scene keeps it from growing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom