Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Alternate universes are the single worst part of the stargate TV series because they let the writers waste all the most intriguing ideas without exploring the consequences. Time travel is the second worst part for the same reason.
Isn't that the entire concept of this LP though? That we're in a shitty universe where things went differently?

There was that one episode where a shitty universe went to the good universe in order to try and steal a ZMP or something. I kind of viewed us as being from a universe like that.

The whole concept of 'all possibilities exist as separate universes' really diminishes the significance of events which take place. Our heroes aren't exceptionally talented. They just happen to live in the one universe where everything goes right!
Yeah, a lot of people hate the concept for this reason. Though it is a classic science fiction concept based on an interpretation of quantum theory.

And to be honest, it's not even the worst interpretation of it.

Star Trek: TOS had a concept called "parallel earths" where human civilizations could have developed elsewhere in the galaxy with near identical timelines up to a certain point. Which led to one of the most campy episodes in sci fi history where a civilization had developed that even had a version of America with a US flag and the same constitution, but had annihilated itself with nuclear war.

mgYh7xr.png

Screw time travel though. :M

The Tau'ri attack was worrisome but they were thousands of miles away. If they drew near, he could ring up to a ha'tak in orbit.
finally a guld world that doesn't consist only of a single settlement near a stargate.
Khepri yawned like a cat. "Then you must be sure to enact my vengeance with appropriate power."
sheeeiiiiit

well, the LP still has its teeth even after losing our boy Wellesy.

to be continued...

Alternate universes are the single worst part of the stargate TV series because they let the writers waste all the most intriguing ideas without exploring the consequences

It can get excessive, but... The first alternate universe episode, where apophis nukes earth, was very good. Because it shows goauld can actually be a serious threat. It put some sense of danger into the series.

That said it could get excessive too. And time travel is always shit.

It can get excessive, but... The first alternate universe episode, where apophis nukes earth, was very good. Because it shows goauld can actually be a serious threat. It put some sense of danger into the series.
It was ok, yeah, but the merits are usually outweighed by the negatives, unless a lot of care is taken.

Though Sliders was a pretty neat show for a while there in spite of this.

Btw, for an example of a series that did both time travel and parallel worlds correctly, it's Farscape. There aren't parallel realities, there are unrealized realities and time travel or travel via wormholes can create them, but it's not your reality and living in them doesn't mean that they're real, it just means that you're stuck in a "permanent unrealized reality".

Problem with infiltration is detection.

Then again, if we infiltrate, we could steal their tech...like the sarcophagu—oh right nvm...

A2
B1
C2

Crush the humans. We have a plan.

also, I feel I should point out that Gould tech >>>>>> Cylon tech in most ways...unless we are deviating from the show again.

Energy weapons, advanced power sources and metals, ability to bring the dead back to life instead of just making 1000s of copies and networking them...

Cylons have FTL, but apart from that, it’s just bullets, missiles and nukes. All of which a Gould shield can stop easily.

A1B2

Great, now the Goa'uld are going to kill our basestars.

What a disaster.

Hmm. Elegy, I might have a solution to save our basestars and defeat the Goa'uld, at least for this fight.

Even small cylon ships can use ftl and be armed with nukes.

Battlestar Galactica FTL is folding space, so it should be able to penetrate a Goa'uld shield the same way hyperdrive did in the show (unless that’s different in this universe).

All-Of-Lambchop’s suggestion would be to jump some cylon raiders armed with nukes right on top of the Goa'uld ship on suicide runs.

It could either destroy the enemy ship or perhaps disable its shield so the basestars can handle it.

Last edited by a moderator:

A2B2

Hunting a lone mortician should be simple enough. Not worth undoing extensive infiltration work. Besides, he would need actual proof.

I also think sending twenty basestars is not a good idea. We have no idea how Basestars rate vs Ha'taks. For all we know, Basestars are so out-matched that our entire fleet would explode against that one Ha'tak. It would be like attacking the Nimitz with a fleet of caravelas and galeons for all we know.
As I explained earlier, this is the most likely scenario unless my above plan works.

If you watched stargate, you know that Goa'uld shields are impervious to missile based weapons FAR FAR more powerful than Cylon nukes.

And, I’ll remind you, that this LP has the Goa'uld turned up to hard mode, far beyond what they were in the show.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom