Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Downfall - Stargate CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by MercantileInterest, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    1C) Draft some of the Alpha Site personnel to assist in the hunt.

An outside observer might think outside of the box compared to our grunts who have failed to find the beast so far. We are sending them in addition to the SG teams, right?

2C) Send them to the savannah planet.

3B) Continue the excavations.

Knowledge IS power.

4C) Send them back to bring the 600ish survivors from their town.

5B) Shut it down.

I would rather send the crews for R&R to Alpha site or P3X-008. If shit happened they could help and in the end the problem is a lack of outdoors and not beaches. Plus ancients-know what prevented animals from evolving on M3X-8417 or if there isn't some underwater race lurking in the depths ready to sodomize potential invaders TFTD style. Sounds like sealed ITZ in a can to me. An inhabited world is less of a risk.

6C) Reassign him to P3X-008.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    1C
    2B
    3B
    4C
    5A 5B, as per Hellraiser's reasoning. Organise rec-time elsewhere.
    6B

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Andnjord Arcane

Andnjord
    1C
    2C
    3B
    4C
    5B As the others have said that Rec-site smells like the Fallout equivalent of a clean lake. Beautiful to look at but will melt your face if you drink from it
    6D That could work as a sop, something sufficiently important to keep him busy, far enough so that he's no trouble.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    ^ Top  
  4. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    I *really* wouldn't want to risk the Chaplain contaminating the Land of Light primitives with his faith. Whereas sent to Alpha Side he will naturally butt heads with Dr Rush, thus significantly undermining the attempts by both of them to usurp our powah.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Intriguing CYOA. Let's do it!

1C - Fuck this beast. Its must be something very dangerous to be killing SG personnel.

2C - Best not to keep all our eggs in one basket. Savanna planet seems safe.

3B - Continue the excavations. We must ensure there are no nasty tricks there.

4C - Send them back to get more people. We have plenty of supplies for them for now, and plenty of space in other worlds, too. My only worry is the possibility of raiders or Goa'uld spies, but I suspect the Goa'uld didn't bother to land anyone and any raiders will quickly realize they can't do shit against a military base full of elite armed personnel

5B - Sounds dangerous to me. They can have a beach party later. That guy is Rush's problem then, not ours.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Andnjord Arcane

Andnjord
    Or we might end up with them joining up to make our life miserable. Is there something wrong with a few primitives worshiping the great Spaghetti in the Sky in Stargate's universe?

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    It might end up with them doing what pagans often did to missionaries in real life, killing them. Then we have a problem on our hands in the form of butthurt natives and/or butthurt earth humans. Best not to piss of the natives that trade with us. The Savannah world is a safe choice, I would just have him organize R&R there.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    A We need to kill it or abandon the site.
    A We should get a feel for them before sending them off world.
    B Keep digging
    C Need more people if humanity is to survive.
    A Morale is an issue.
    A Why are we so paranoid? The Chaplain is showing initiative.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    A Why are we so paranoid? Devour Soul!

Show Spoiler
    :negative:

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Souls are part of a nutritive diet for a nascent eldritch entity

Or so an ancient star god told me

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    1C
    2A
    As Grimgravy. It's too soon.
    3B
    4C
    - Let's just hope the messengers aren't just going to report our location as soon as we let them go.
    5A, but impress upon them the fact that this is an alien world and proper perimeter defense and a guard rotation must be maintained while the rest enjoy themselves. Try to combine rec leave with scouting missions by sending twice as many people the first few times, one group on duty and one off. Saying no after the Chaplain has already gone around trumpeting his ideas will only cause dissent.
    6C - Smith has to go, of course.

^ Top  
  12. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Random thought: I think we should be careful with any anti-ethical measures. Don't forget, the base is still full of Hammond loyalists like Colonel O'Neil. We can't exactly go full fascism here, at least not yet. Gotta ease them in. We probably get a break because we just took power in a post-apocalyptic situation. If we go too far, they will probably thrown us in the brig and put Colonel O'Neill or someone like him in charge - althrough O'Neill probably would't accept a desk-jockey job.

The situation does allow us to do things thought unthinkable before - like recruiting natives into our settlement or even in our military forces.

I would't be surprised if we soon run into other remnants of the US Military, the US is full of Cold War era bunkers and nuclear silos. Hell, would't be surprised if the President was still around. Goa'uld can't have hit all of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • M: M: x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Usury Arcane

Usury

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ^ Top  
  15. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    I had to correct the mountain landmark name after checking online and realizing it should be "O'Neill Mons" not "O'Neil Mons". Forgot about the scene though and the fact that the movie had it spelled with one L :lol:

^ Top  
  16. Usury Arcane

Usury
    Day 50

Colonel Makepeace entered the briefing room in his resplendent dress uniform. As a marine, he had at first been out of place but after two years of the Stargate program, he and the others of his branch had grown into the base culture. General Hammond had personally requested Makepeace when the program started, who was permitted to select his own men: SG-3. Later, SG-14 and SG-15 had added more marines to the command. Under the colonel's direction, the marines specialized in fighting the jaffa--the slave-warriors of the Goa'uld. Except at its weak points, jaffa armor could stop anything short of a fifty caliber bullet. The P-90s and M-16s carried by SG personnel did little to such formidable armor, save in fully automatic mode when a few stray shots hit the chinks. In past firefights, this had led to the Earth forces quickly running out of ammunition. The marine teams had swollen to eighteen men each, usually equipped with heavy shotguns, sniper rifles, M79 grenade launchers and Browning M2HB machine guns.

"Sir, we've set up the drills and set up a tarp layer. Rains a lot on P3X-595. The natives have moved out of the area, looking for more subsistence. They'll be back later. I'd like to suggest reassigning civilian survivors to the work the mine. SG-3 and SG-6 will be much more useful charting new worlds. Personally, I'd like to get a crack at that beast on the Alpha Site."

"We killed it, sir." Said Major Ferreti. "But there are more of them. Ok, it's a mess but it started when I thought of that hound that's been running around the SGC--the one Roberts found after unsealing the main door. The beast had killed a few more people, so had the dog sniff out the trail. It started barking its tail off at a tree. We couldn't figure it out. After a few minutes, I fired a round at the tree. There was a big spray of blood from the bark and it attacked us. It walked slowly but the branches could move faster than... I don't know. It's some sort of mimic-predator. Killed the hound but it came apart pretty quickly in all of our fire. We kept shooting long until it was in a lot of tiny pieces."

"We're finally rid of it, then." Said Wellesy.

"No, sir. Next morning, we found two more colonists missing from their beds. Before the tree-mimic killed it, the dog had been whining and scratching its head. One of the civilians set up some gear to check for sounds that aren't in human hearing range. It looks like there are at least three more beasts out there and they're making a lot of ultrasonic chatter, like they're sharing information. Rush has built a fence around the colony. Three quarters of the colonists want to get out of there but Rush has just got the nuclear generator operating and doesn't want to abandon it. They've got electricity now and that makes 'em feel better but it doesn't outweigh being eaten. It gets worse. Hasn't rained in a while. We woke up this morning to find an enormous amount of dried wood and grass piled up against the perimeter. We got rid of it, of course, but it looks to anything like those monsters means to burn us out. No evidence of them using tools yet but I'll bet you they've some way to light things up. Far too clever. The biologists examined the corpse cells and they say the tree-mimics can change their coloring."

Wellesy paused. "Could these creatures be intelligent enough to communicate?"

"I can take them." Makepeace interrupted. "We'll track the tree-mimics by ultrasound, if they quiet down we'll see which trees bleed when you put a bullet in them. General, they might be intelligent. They might not. Either, they're looking at our people as an easy food source. If we take the time to communicate, the colony will collapse. Those guys are top talent: biologists, astronomers, physicists, you name it. The starved survivors staggering to the gates of the SGC are Walmart clerks, hardware store guys, aspiring rappers, soccer moms, wage slaves, illegals and rednecks. Let me take a hundred of them with chainsaws and we'll level the forest for a thousand yards in every direction while we kill the aliens."

Sgt. Harriman entered the briefing room. "Sir, another thousand survivors have shown up on the 25 from Pueblo."

"Yes, you already told me." Said Wellesy.

"No, sir. This is a different group than the thousand who showed up two hours ago on the 115 from Penrose. By the sound of it, there will be a lot more showing up soon. From what we've heard, the Goa'uld didn't nuke South Colorado but the supply chains have been disrupted and people have been swarming in every direction. Now, a rumor's gotten out that Cheyenne Mountain will provide food to anyone who shows up. These people outside say there are tens of thousands more on the way."

"Desperate, I bet." Ferreti looked down at the table.

"They've eaten all their dogs and cats."

Wellesy had dispatched SG-15 with a number of survivors into the west Rockies to retrieve livestock for the colony. If he sealed the entrance to the base, they couldn't get back. However, the number of ragged Americans outside the base had just reached four thousand with a lot more enroute. With the stargate, he could send them anywhere, but he didn't know how to feed them all. The 600 from Cripple Creek (who turned out to number 832) still occupied the upper layer of the base.

---
    decisions (open)

1A) Ignore the situation at the Alpha Site.
    1B) Evacuate the Alpha Site back to the SGC.
    1C) Evacuate the Alpha Site to the savannah planet (P3X-008).
    1D) Send Dr. Jackson to communicate with the tree-mimics
    1E) Allow Colonel Makepeace to hunt the tree-mimics.

2A) Replace the SG teams on the mining planet (P3X-595) with civilians.
    2B) Replace them with SGC airmen.
    2C) Continue running the operation as it has been.
    2D) Cancel the operation.

3A) Keep the 832 Cripple Creek survivors in the SGC.
    3B) Send them to the Alpha Site.
    3C) Send them to the savannah planet (P3X-008).
    4D) Drop them off to scrounge around on the mining planet (P3X-595).

4A) Seal the base doors and tell you have nothing.
    4B) Start supplying the new survivors but keep them outside.
    4C) Start shipping them off to the Alpha Site and the savannah planet equally.
    4D) Start shipping them off to the Alpha Site.
    4E) Start shipping them off to the savannah planet.

5A) Send all available SG teams to chart new worlds.
    5B) Send all available SG teams to conquer the Land of Light. (The natives have copper or stone weapons.)
    5C) Deploy them to the upper levels to repel a possible horde.

^ Top  
  17. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    1E
    2B
    3C
    4C
    5A

^ Top  
  18. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    1D) Send Dr. Jackson to communicate with the tree-mimics

These xenos are too smart for my liking but Jackson knows how to talk to xenos, knowing him he will figure something out.

2A) Replace the SG teams on the mining planet (P3X-595) with civilians.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

3C) Send them to the savannah planet (P3X-008).

4C) Start shipping them off to the Alpha Site and the savannah planet equally.

5A) Send all available SG teams to chart new worlds.

With luck they will find more food and we can export the civvies there.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    D
    A
    D
    C
    A

^ Top  
  20. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    1E
    2A
    3C
    4C
    5A

^ Top  
  21. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    1D)
    2A)
    3C)
    4C)
    5A)

I'm pretty much voting with Hellraiser here.

I'm starting to get worried about the civvies coming. We might get a bad situation happening.
    But then again, we need more people. SG teams ain't gonna do it anymore, we need a real army.

RIP Stardog.

Also, still civvies. Damnit. I was hoping for military personnel.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    this shithead. I had completely written the SG:U stuff out of my head as non-canon due to the show being such a pile of shit. oh, well. I guess we're lucky we aren't stuck with that one nasally jew scientist that ended up being turned into a ghould when Daniel met the Unas.
    Guy had such a raw deal on the show. An unsung hero until he's unceremoniously arrested for smuggling stolen alien tech. His plan will probably get everyone killed though.

1D - could fail spectacularly, but I am guessing sending a team of rednecks in to slash and burn would be disastrous. Then again, a war would make those 10k refugees actually useful.

2A - I don't trust the civilians, the ghoulds could have left some spies behind to keep an eye on things. Hopefully the gate will be guarded wherever we send them.

3C - let them hunt.

4E - Alpha site is too high priority and needs to be kept secret, apart from farmers and the like. Need to know only.

5A - hopefully sending them elsewhere will solve the problem. They can't get back without the IDC.

Also, liking this LP a lot so far. [​IMG]

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Andnjord Arcane

Andnjord
    1E - Suffer not the xenos to live
    2A
    3C
    - I feel like we're sending too much stuff there, but oh well, I mostly want to see shit blow up for shits and giggles :D
    4D - We've already got enough eggs in that Savannah basket
    5A - we need to find ourselves more potential booty

^ Top  
  25. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I was doubting my choice, but:
    Seems like they are intelligent. Hopefully Daniel can communicate, maybe with Carter's help.

That or we go true dark universe and Daniel gets eaten by a tree, so we have to rely on the SGU Gaius Baltar knockoff. :M

MercantileInterest, are you despairing because I don't like SGU or because will probably probably kill this CYOA like I killed most of treav's? Keep in mind that my KDR is probably at least 50/50 and apart from truly retarded gambles like jumping into a rift or raping a ghost girl, I was usually right about of lot of things.
    :M

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)