Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Downfall - Stargate CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by MercantileInterest, Jan 20, 2019.

1. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    X

What a backstabbing bitch. We received her complaints, didn't even discipline her (we should have had) and she coups us.

Well, she gonna hear.

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Storyfag Arcane Patron

Storyfag
    1Bx

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Andnjord Arcane

Andnjord
    What the hell is a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator anyways?

Oh well, might as well go out kicking and shouting.
    Bx

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Usury Arcane

Usury
    Mercantile analysis (open)

Das rite. The United States military has a massive bureaucracy in place with a mandate for imposing constant 'training' upon its members in the arcane arts of non-rape. I am not making this up.
    further analysis (open)

:prosper:

• Funny x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Andnjord Arcane

Andnjord
    And here goes my hope that SG had some sort of Slaneesh Demons assault sluts :(

• Despair Despair x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I see now that the choice was a two parter and amended my vote to 1Bx, which was my original intent.

Really hope it doesn't get us killed. :M

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    1By

^ Top  
  8. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    1BX

We shall not go quietly

Fucking liblols

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    1BX

^ Top  
  10. Usury Arcane

Usury
    Day 54 - continued

"No." Wellesy dropped the pen. It clattered on the desk. "I'm going to close my eyes and count to fifteen. I've seen a few other faces, but Wray's is the only one I'll remember when I look again. One. Two. Three."

"Sign or I swear I'll shoot." The tip of the revolver jammed against his head.

"Four. Five."

"Ah, man we can't do this." Said another voice.

"What do we do?" A hint of panic.

"Elev-" A blow to the back of his head interrupted the general's count. His head bobbed down a foot and he started back up. Blood gathered where he'd bit his tongue.

"What'd you do that for?"

"To knock him out." Said Wray.

"This isn't Hollywood. Look, you've given him brain damage. What're we going to do?"

"Tie him up." Said a woman.

"With what?"

"Put him in the bathroom. We'll barricade the door with all the furniture."

The conspirators shoved the general into the bathroom. The heavy scraping of furniture dragging across the floor followed.

"We can still do this." Wray tried to keep the excitement out of her voice.

"No way. We're wormfood, dude. He's gonna have us court-martialed and shot."

Several voices at once. "Stargate."

Arkansas male voice. "Let's go."

---​

"General?"

"I'm in here. Get that barricade out of the way."

Three airmen pushed back the bed, desk and dresser. The general stepped out, still in his flannel pajamas. He hurried to the gateroom. It was unmanned. Bullet holes riddled the main interface computer. A squad of Air Force SFs clomped through the door. Below, in front of the active gate, stood the dialing technician. The wormhole disengaged and the liquid glow vanished.

"They went to Savannah." The technician shouted.

"Sir, the controls." One of the SFs motioned to the wrecked computers. Wellesy grabbed his radio.

"Backup control room, this is Wellesy. Dial Savannah. Over and out. You men go after them. They won't resist. They're too weak."

"What if you're wrong, sir?"

"Then shoot them."

The gate spun. One chevron engaged. A second. Third. Fourth. Fifth. Sixth. Then nothing. The radio crackled to life and a tinned voice buzzed.

"We can't engage, general. They must have buried the gate on their end."

Wellesy bared his teeth. It had been his idea to set up a giant pile of sand ready to flood the gate. The pentagon had ordered the backup iris sent to the Alpha Site before the invasion, so he had to cook his own solution for security on Savannah. The mutineers must have said that the Goa'uld had invaded the SGC. That was the only reason the personnel on Savannah would have so quickly sealed the gate. A vexing problem.

"Stand down, airmen. You did well. I'm going back to sleep. No, come with me. I've been saving a bottle. You've earned it. Just don't tell the others."

---​

Day 55

O'Neill took another spoonful of pudding. It was the same as every day's pudding. Everything was the same everyday. The base larders only held the same few supplies meant to last for years.

"General," he said, "I violated regulations on Crom." Wellesy said nothing. "Yes. A serious infraction. You see, there was a sort of rat roasting on a spit and I had some. I wanted a new flavor. I could do it again."

"Did you find SG-10?"

"Bernard and Washington are dead." The colonel pushed the pudding aside. "The barbarians dipped their heads in tar and stuck them on stakes. They didn't kill Robins because she's a woman. Fraiser's not sure she'll make it. They tortured Moneghan but he's better off than Robins. If the other's aren't dead, we don't know where to find them."

"What happened?"

"When Moneghan recovers, he should be able to confirm this, but it looks like SG-10 ran into a warband. Several hundred axemen with archers and riders. The team killed dozens of them but the barbarians overwhelmed them. I'm worried that they weren't scared off by the gunfire."

"Perhaps they had encountered the talents. They took some weaponry from the Alpha Site." Wellesy offered.

"Perhaps. The barbarians dragged them back to a fortified log encampment. My team arrived and followed their heading. The barbarians had taken the dead from the battle site but the blood was obvious. We traced the trail to the fort and saw what was left of Bernard and Washington on the spikes. We sniped their sentries. They opened the doors but we gunned them down on the threshold. They retreated inside. For the next hour, we circled the place and took shots at whoever peeked over the ramparts. Then the warlord stepped and shouted. He had a big totem, so I ordered the men not to fire. He put it down in the snow. A surrender. I went towards him alone. He knelt. I pointed to the woods until he trudged off there. Then all the other warriors tramped out and threw down their axes. Took their wives and children too. The fort was empty. We found Moneghan and Robins in the tents."

"You've never killed so many people, have you, colonel?"

"Sir, the others. The thirteen thousand we sent through. It looks like they scattered every direction."

"O'Neill, you saved Moneghan's life." Wellesy clapped his shoulder. "That's worth a river of our enemies' blood. There's nothing left but us."

---​

decisions (open)

A1) Send ten SG teams to stealthily scout Crom for the scattered Earth survivors and lost talents.
    A2) Form three small battle companies, each consisting of 4 SG teams and twenty armed civilian levies. Send them to eliminate opposition on Crom.
    A3) Ignore Crom for now.

B1) Start a personnel rec center on the Alpha Site.
    B2) Start one on the mining planet.
    B3) Start one on M3X-8417 (totally harmless and completely safe primordial beach.) :M
    B4) Don't.

C1) Break out alcohol rations to boost morale.
    C2) Don't.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    A1, B3, C1

^ Top  
  12. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    A2) Form three small battle companies, each consisting of 4 SG teams and twenty armed civilian levies. Send them to eliminate opposition on Crom.

B1) Start a personnel rec center on the Alpha Site.

C1) Break out alcohol rations to boost morale.

^ Top  
  13. Storyfag Arcane Patron

Storyfag
    A1
    B1
    C1

^ Top  
  14. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    A1
    B1
    C1

^ Top  
  15. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Great. Job. Team.

I told you we should have sent them to Land of Light. Splitting them was worst of all worlds. This was as good as murdering them and probably half the reason for the coup that just happened.

Now to moral has taken a major hit and O'Neil is clearly doubting us at this point. If he tries a coup, it's not one we'll be coming back from. Even if we did, it'd be a major hit to SGC effectiveness.

We have to think about the consequences before acting.

A2, anything less is probably going to lose us SG teams. Either this or we forget about Crom. Time to put up or shut up
    A1 - we've demonstrated out strength already.

B1, I'm worried that something will happen there, but Alpha Site is already compromised, so we might as well keep the mining site from necessary personnel. Besides, the mining site might eventually come under ghould attack. Not idea for a rec center.

C2 - Drunks with guns are less easy to control, not more so.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Andnjord Arcane

Andnjord
    A2 - Again, if you want to fight things you go the whole hog with it.
    B1
    C2 -
    If they want fun they can go to our new luxuriant rec-center :obviously:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    The first mistake was responding to hostile alien contact in an extreme crisis situation where humanity itself is under threat by... talking to the trees.

I mean what the fuck.

As for the Crom situation, the barbarians surrendered. We don't want to establish the precedent that surrender is useless, and so possibly trigger an all or nothing total war situation with the other tribes. Especially with our civvies scattered to the winds. Let's get our chickens home before we take a risk like that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  19. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    they were communicating and taking intelligent actions.

though apparently it was too savage and different a kind of intellect to reason with. We corrected this decision rapidly.
    one fort surrendered. we have 13k people on that rock. they're about to become slaves and that includes some of earth's best scientists. I'd hate for these barbarians to learn how to make guns. we have a cause for war and complete superiority in every way but numbers. the time to press our advantage is now. after they are conquered, we can use them as shock troops in future invasions.

^ Top  
  20. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    A2)

You know what time it is?

MAXIMUM FUCK

time!

Barbarians only understand strength!
    Let them understand this: We are strong, and they are weak.
    It is time for them to feel the true power of TERRA!
    TERRA DOMINATUS!

b1) Don't like the place, but it seems we got things handled there right now. Not to mention, a rec center there means more troops there. Not to mention, we have a lot of civvies there already.

C1) The last few months have been hell, time to give the men a little reward. If the General had a bottle, everyone else should as well.

I actually thought we sent them all to Crom, I don't believe that splitting actually won.

Land of Light is Goa'uld territory, tho. Could have backfired horribly.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Stargate Command is not X-COM.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Storyfag Arcane Patron

Storyfag
    And that is their folly.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    The fact that they're intelligent makes them all the more dangerous. The Goa'Uld are, themselves, a strong example of that. Any attempts to parlay with them could very well result in a major security breach, due to the covert nature of the parasite.

Where Crom is concerned, by going looking for them immediately rather than start a war, we're likely to find them sooner. We can recapture or ransom anyone who have been enslaved, dealing with one tribe at a time rather than dealing with some massive military alliance. Our strength has already been demonstrated on the tribe we liberated our team from. Rumours will spread. Some of these civvies have skills that are hard to replace, reacquiring these people is a top priority. Disproportionate retribution can come later, when and if it becomes actually beneficial. For a multitude of these barbarian tribes to exist, they must have some system of resolving their differences - even be that system something as simple as proportionate response. This is also very common to tribals. We can deal with them, and at present dealing with them is the way we lose the least. Deal with those who are willing to deal, and wipe off the face of the earth those who are not.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    And going to war with such an organism on its home turf where there are possibly millions of them may be even more dangerous. At least trying to work out some kind of truce at first seemed the better option.

You've convinced me.

Flopping my Crom vote to A1

I only hope they don't just bury their gate, though hopefully they will be too simple for that. Why did we send them there if we were just going to buy them back anyway? Craziness. I can see why that bitch tried to mutiny.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)