Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Downfall - Stargate CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by MercantileInterest, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    2) refuse - and preferably neutralize the howitzer, though it's probably too late.

you've fubar'd it, men.

if the general can't put on his best radio pokerface or the main door doesn't hold, I have a feeling that we're going to need a rollback.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    ^ Top  
  2. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  3. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    lolllnope they're not getting our gate wtf

^ Top  
  4. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag

^ Top  
  5. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Hey! A bandwagon is forming!

Can't have that.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Will we? I think they're divided, which is why they're asking us to put the gate outside. I suspect some of them will believe us and others won't.

Honestly, all we really need to do is show one of us going into the gate without fear, and then coming back. I mean, I know its 1998, but surely a military base must have cameras, a tape player and a TV around or something like that.

^ Top  
  7. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
  8. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Read the choice. It says video won't prove anything because it may be fake.

^ Top  
  9. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
  10. Usury Arcane

Usury
    Show Spoiler

Of course, the peasants will think a shady military installation can edit vidya. They don't trust the Gubmint (which, admittedly, refused to mention the hostile alien fleet in orbit.)

---​
    Day 55 - part 3

"Seal the entrance." Wellesy slammed down the phone. "Sergeant Leonard, when I took this command, my briefing mentioned a nerve gas stockpile."

"Yes, sir. We've a system to flood the gate room in case organic hostiles bypass the iris and kill the SFs."

"Get Siler and see if you two can work out a way to rig it up those cannisters in the main entrance. I want the report on my desk in two hours."

---​

The howitzer shells fell steadily upon the main blast door. The Chief Master Sergeant requisitioned a heap of dirt from the Alpha Site and started choking the entrance corridor with sandbags. Several hours in, the artillery barrage stopped. The horde tore down the external surveillance cameras and antennas. There was no way of telling what was going on outside.

SGC personnel finished negotiating with the primitives of P5C-768 to secure a sizeable agricultural surplus, sufficient to feed the Alpha Site for two weeks. That represented the excess from the planet's entire harvest, so more would not be available for some time. Another team had found an abandoned Goa'uld opium den on P4X-347, which inflicted a lethal neurological imbalance on anyone suffering overexposure. There were abandoned settlements nearby and, farther away in the mountains, stone age villages cluttered with worn Goa'uld trinkets but hostile to any outsiders.

After leveling a sizeable acreage around the Alpha Site, Colonel Makepeace had relocated to Crom. He dialed back to earth ahead of schedule and made contact by radio.

"We've stumbled into the middle of a war. Looks like two tribal federations hammering each other with everything they've got. O'Neill, four SG teams, and some six hundred civilians are holed up in Bravo Fort. That's the one he took last time. He's got 18,000 thousand or so barbarians in iron and fur screaming and firing arrows at the log walls. He can't hold out much longer, sir. The barbarians are cannibalizing some of the civilians they've caught. Got 'em roasting on spits."

---​

Decisions (open)

1) Recall all remaining SG teams from Crom.

2) Send assistance (select as many of the following as you like.)
    a) All available SG teams (8~ish)
    b) Extra SGC airmen SFs (Security Forces).
    c) UAVs with missiles
    d) Draft armed civilians from Alpha Site (1,000 man militia).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    2C UAVs with missiles

If they don't shit themselves from Shock and Awe I don't know what will. The savages are likely to either mistake this for the return of snakeheads (it is their style) or other superstitious nonsense. With luck they might start worshipping us as gods, preferable to the shit show so far.

Also one of my favourite scenes in SG-1 was when they sent a guided missile at Jaffa through a gate.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    ^ Top  
  12. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  13. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    2c. There may be some collateral. Hopefully not O'Neill.

Told you we should have taken out the howitzer. Being a general takes balls. You men need balls.

MercantileInterest, I hope we've sealed the secret entrance with the ladder in the well. The one they climbed in and out of a few times, starting with the black hole episode iirc.

^ Top  
  14. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    UAVs sounds like fun. Yeah, I'll go with that as well.
    2c

^ Top  
  15. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    Definitely shock and awe.

2C

^ Top  
  16. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    2C

^ Top  
  17. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  18. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Hahahahah told you niggas there was a chance they could't even break down the blast doors. Those things were built to take nukes. Even if they did manage to break the blast door, there are more doors.

Unless they find the secret entrance, they would never have a chance.

I do wonder what happened. Could be grim tidings, could be a mini civil war out there between the people who believed us and the who didn't. Or they just left.

I asked people to convince me to do the alpha stirke, they didn't present good enough arguments.

Dude, the US is chockfull of military bases, military depots and military boneyards.

Once things get less tense, we could get a proper military convoy down to Sierra Army Depot (yes, that Sierra Army Depot) and get enough weapons to become a military superpower overnight.

Honestly, I think our biggest problem is people. SG teams are too small and we lack enough manpower for what we need to do, which is:

1. Salvage whatever we can from the devastated US.
    2. Explore the Cosmos.
    3. Fight the Goa'uld.

We need an army. A real army.
    We should be sending people topside after a few months, see if we can find anything left of the former US Military.

^ Top  
  19. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    As for the choice, hmm...

1) Recall all remaining SG teams from Crom.

And leave that loose ending to be? Nope. Next time we get back there, the barbarians will be packing guns. We need Crom friendly and compliant.

I'm honestly thinking what to do.

Way I see it:

a) The most "secure" approach. The problem is that these are our best men. Another crisis may happen. The raiders may have stopped the bombardment because they found a better way to take out our blast door.
    b) Our second-best men. But this leaves SGC vulnerable.
    c) Has the potential of scaring the primitives off. My fear is that, well, UAVs can't control land. we may kill a lot of them, and then they disperse and try again.
    d) I'm really tempted by this, because I think we need an army and this 1k-man militia could be the starting cadre of it. That said, these guys are untrained and stir shit up, not to mention issues like friendly fire and such.

I'm split between 2c, 2ac and 2cd.

^ Top  
  20. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    The point is that we can't open the door now. If we had taken out the howizer, we would have at least been negotiating from strength and not needed to seal the door.

Now we have 70k people outside we are literally going to murder with gas because if we don't, they are going to be plotting to blast us the moment we stick our heads out, and are probably trying to find another way in as we speak.

Bullshit. You simply weren't convinced and didn't have enough time anyway because 30min after I posted my argument, the update came.

We could, if the area weren't swarming with more and more hostiles as word spreads of the "promised land" mountain base due to our radio message.
    You want to travel two states away?

I know you live in Brazil, but that's a long way to travel when half the gas stations in the nation have been nuked and the other half don't work anymore.

Our best bet is/was weaponizing other worlds and techs.

Distance and exposing our existence are big issues to exploring the surface.

What if some other country is still around and learns we have a gate? What if they invade what's left of the US for it? Just stop.

We need to find that one world with the space nazis. They seemed pretty bro. Also, we need to take over Crom.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    ^ Top  
  21. Usury Arcane

Usury
    Day 56

The video feed played across the screen of the SGC command room. Forest, field and snow coated fields swept past. The planet, of course, lacked any sort of guiding system beyond the radio beacons of SG teams. A timber fort appeared, surrounded by an entrenched horde that blotted out the landscape with tents, earthworks and milling figures. They were too distant to make out more than their presence, until the telescoping lenses zoomed in. The iron clad barbarians pointed up and shouted. All ten of the SGC UAVs circled like vultures, each equipped with two missiles. They had needed to wait until the weather died down to launch. Tempests of ice frequently howled across the wintry landscape of Crom.

"Buzz them with UAV Alpha." Said Wellesy. "I want them to know what's killing them." The first drone shot low over the crowd. "Now, one missile every two minutes. We need to break them before depleting our firepower."

Explosion. Milling about. Another explosion. A fireball engulfed a large tent and the canvas seemed across the battlefied. Another missile smashed down. The barbarians fled in every direction, as rats flee along the moor-lines and the gangplanks from a burning ship.

"Keep going. I don't want them changing their minds. Siler, prepare the truck. We're going to move the Crom gate to the Bravo Fort. Shift out the teams there, get any civilians back here who need medical care. Have the UAVs chart as much territory as possible."

The 'Gate-Freighter' was a dissembled eighteen-wheeler designed to rapidly relocate other-world gates. Siler's team could reassemble the vehicle in a few hours on the other side. It had been one of Hammond's ideas but never used before. The barbarian army was in retreat and it was time to consolidate the victory.

---​

The exploration teams from a week back had discovered what they called the 'soup world.' This foggy planet (or moon, it wasn't clear,) pulsed with sludge and lofty vegetation. It appeared to lack land animals. The heavy atmosphere lacked any significant oxygen but it was choked with spores and wispy wind-born seeds. The temperature hovered at a steady 124 degrees fahrenheit and the humidity reached higher than anywhere on earth. The team had brought back various plant samples which analysis indicated to be edible.

'Burrock's World' was inhabited by a thriving human population in at least the tens of millions. Their technology resembled that of colonial Americans, except that they showed no sign of industrialization beyond advanced textile weaving. Their primary livestock was a large biped which they used for farm labor and mining. The SGC had not yet worked out how to communicate with them but the locals seemed friendly and may well have had a crop surplus.

There was still the Goa'uld slave world of M3X-502. A special squad dressed up as Goa'uld warriors might be able to steal a tribute. It would be a one time event, though, and they might not get away with it. Still, the mission needed more supplies soon.

The base escape hatch was well guarded. Wellesy considered sealing it entirely. He also considered sending up a few observers to see whether the mad-max horde remained outside and what it was doing.

---​

decisions (open)

A1) Harvest nutrients from 'Soup World.'
    A2) Attempt to trade with Burrock's World.
    A3) Attempt to trick tribute out of M3X-502.

B1) Ignore the escape hatch. (Like anyone will choose this.)
    B2) Seal the hatch.
    B3) Send up a few observers.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    Shock and awe'd those barbarian cunts! Also gate towing incline.

A2) Attempt to trade with Burrock's World.

Soup world sounds like ITZ, years of digesting science fiction pop culture taught me that spores are bad shit. Star Trek Discovery is a very good example of the connection between spores and bad shit, in that case the show itself and its writing is the bad shit.

B3) Send up a few observers.

With luck we might be able to sally outside of this or send disguised personnel out for some covert op to git dat snazzy howitzer. Or the manboons rape us as soon as the scout pops out and they storm the base from there, risk worth taking I say!

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    A2) Yeah no I would rather wait more analysis until we start eating alien plants and spores.

Let's talk with Burrock's World.

B3) We need to find out what's up with the Cybernegro hordes behind our doors. I doubt they will be able to sneak on us.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    A2) seems safest and may gain us a new ally. I don't want to antagonize the ghould for no reason and A1 sounds like a quick way to some sort of weird outbreak. Let's wait on a better analysis.
    B2) My first instinct is that the only reason we should open that hatch is to kill everyone outside of it. With that many people, they are either waiting for one of us to stick his head out or they will see us going in or out of it. While it’s possible we might be able to covertly blend in and monitor them, I think that in the short or long term, it’s a bad idea. They have nothing we want and they are looking for a weakness.

That said, if they are plotting something, I guess it would be better to know about it than not to. But it’s extremely risky and I think that if they could get in they would have by now. I don’t want to lose one of our very limited teams.

edit: besides, I think that Usury just forgot about it until I mentioned it and is giving us a free oportunity to fuck ourselves over. :M

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Usury Arcane

Usury
    No, I remembered the secret exit. Had you not mentioned it, you would in this very update have encountered thunderdome beserkers swarming down the ladder, but it is fitting to reward the general aware of his own command. Thus, the mad-max crew has been reset from invading right now to [REDACTED]. Sure, you could irrevocably close the escape hatch but then your only way of checking outside the base would be to open the front door and, as TBS points out, there are quite a few valuable resources lying around on earth...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)