Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

a cut of domestic sheep prime

"Colonel Harry Maybourne, United States Airforce."
finally, someone with a decent head on their shoulders.

"You... sky..." (Or did it mean 'above'? Either way, he was pointing up.) "flat faces... louargh!"
uuuuuuhhhh

zzhzYZZ.png

A1
B4>B1>B3 - Try to find out who or what this enemy is, even if it means agreeing in principle at first.
C1 - don't trust him though. It could be that he's actually working with the guys up top, though I find it unlikely.
D4 - I'd rather not even let them know we're still here. It may even be a good thing to have those lunatics as unwitting guard dogs on the surface.

ffs, you guys let Fraiser retire? you should have done the last option instead to delay it. insane.

A1, B2>B3

"the american people" are all dead. we just killed a bunch of them who were trying to drill into the base. time to pull out our balls and show them we won't be manipulated.

Usury, do we have security to counter Maybourne's pistol or are we seriously going to tell an armed assassin that we won't do what he says?

Usury, do we have security to counter Maybourne's pistol or are we seriously going to tell an armed assassin that we won't do what he says?

Unnamed major is in the room and he's still carrying a (probably) loaded weapon from the slaughter outside the gate.
Well, it's better than nothing.

I think the fact that Mayboune went to the trouble of getting into his dress uniform means that he's not confident in killing us and that he's hoping we'll just back down, or maybe that he can start a small mutiny.

Then again, it could mean that he's going to use his uniform to justify killing us.

Again, tricky. But I'm willing to roll the dice.

Hellraiser

Arcane
A1
B5

Corpses are suspicious and draw pestilence not to mention scavengers (loot the bodies BTW).

I would just ignore the kwan gender-swapped Roslin wannabe, but elections are the best way of delegitimizing his authority... or that of any other actors who would benefit from this emergency presidency. Martial Law would be best IF not for the risk it carries - that of mutiny. Better to establish ourselves as the (most) legitimate part of the surviving government with the mandate of the people, as cherry picked as they are.

You're high if you think we can win an election.

Do you guys even remember that we barely survived a mutiny? That we've ordered the execution of civilians? We've made some extremely unpopular decisions. Frankly, I can see how even Kinsey might seem like a savior to some.

And we really don't want a President other than us to win, in case you were thinking someone else could.

A US President is considered supreme commander of the military. Basically all decisions from now on will flow down from that office and not us alone. We can be overruled on key decisions or ordered to take the wrong course of action.

And even if we do win, there will be demands for more elections in the future. It's a pretty terrible outcome at best.

Day 67 - Part 2
A6) Something else: {specify}
A6 = Ask Maybourne why he's with Kinsey. Try to sway him to our side. We want what's best for Earth too after all and are willing to do whatever it takes to see Earth survive. Kill Kinsey (A4) > or arrest him (A3) if this succeeds or fails, the difference being whether or not we need to fight out Maybourne - should he not be bluffing.

Tbh, it doesn't make any sense for Maybourne to be wit Kinsey at all. Kinsey has no power anymore. Maybe he's just siding with the guy who has the most legitimate claim to power or maybe Kinsey has some special knowledge.

Regardless, Maybourne is the kind of guy that would double cross Kinsey if he could and it were advantageous.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Day 67 - Part 2
A6) Something else: {specify}
A6 = Ask Maybourne why he's with Kinsey. Try to sway him to our side. We want what's best for Earth too after all and are willing to do whatever it takes to see Earth survive. Kill Kinsey (A4) > or arrest him (A3) if this succeeds or fails, the difference being whether or not we need to fight out Maybourne - should he not be bluffing.

This.

Why isn't Maybourne King Arkhan the first on that planet?

Anyways I vote A4) Arrest him right now. Though this is halfway an A6 vote - Tell Maybourne it's much better to be with us, and that we can use a man of his talents. Perhaps we can use him to weasel ourselves back into control at the Alpha Site. I always liked Maybourne tbh.

Since Kinsey was in the government during the Goa'uld invasion, we can charge him with withholding extremely important information from the populace, which lead to obscene damage tolls in the aftermath. He will claim innocence of course, but we will just say that he had the knowledge and could've called in a press conference at any time, that his failure to act caused billions of deaths etc. Make a show trial out of it. Then shoot him (A5).

Lastly: If humanity is gonna survive, the women will have to get pregnant and stay pregnant, and running around playing - of all things - soldier, is the last thing they should do. I guess super vital personnel such as wamen doctors could be allowed in the transitionary phase but everyone else? Fuggedaboutit. I say "lose" the p-pills and encourage all women military and administration members to become housewives. Rememember in a soviety without dishwashers, clotheswashers and food that's already milled or otherwise prepared, keeping the home is a serious job, and someone gotta do it.

Also can somewone write super short about which colonies we have atm?

How do people get food? Will they keep getting food even as they resign and don't work?

Anyways for B I think B3 is best, it allows us to stall for time and find out what's going on... It's also a plausible enough reason. For A I'm really not sure.

hello friend

Arcane
A1 - We need to prove our value as an ally so as to exploit the barbarians' knowledge of local customs and geography. This will also make us an attractive ally for other tribes, just straight up slaughtering everyone runs the risk of uniting tribes against us, a vastly superior threat. We can always wipe them out later if necessary.
B3

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
A1
B... 6
C2
D... offer to release them from duty as soon as replacement personnel is in good enough shape. Have them help train their own replacements. But leave the evaluation of that training to unbiased observers.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom