Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Dragon Age 3 Plot Synopsis and Companions Leaked?

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Is it a sin liking a game and hoping or expecting an unforgettable experience from the masters of rpg making?

Hepler's Vagina

Learned
Dictionary.com describes the use of sarcasm thus:

In sarcasm, ridicule or mockery is used harshly, often crudely and contemptuously, for destructive purposes. It may be used in an indirect manner, and have the form of irony, as in “What a fine musician you turned out to be!” or it may be used in the form of a direct statement, “You couldn't play one piece correctly if you had two assistants.”

Achilles

Arcane
And yes, I didn't pay for it.

tumblr_lpdwyzACFL1qjys7d.gif
You walked right into that one :troll:

Yeah, I guess I did. :) Though I should point out that I didn't pirate it either, I'm against that sort of thing.

Karmapowered

Augur
To keep things short, there are games that I dislike. For whatever reason.

I may revisit these games from time to time, if I read from a trustworthy source that people enjoyed them : I just... might have missed something.

Then, there are games that I deem truely abysmal, a FAIL in the bigger picture of game design experimentations. Those, I rarely if ever revisit, or maybe to get a good chuckle or two with a friend, as a kind of booster shot about what not to do, or avoid in RPGs.

And finally, there is DA2.

Quite like with Mass Effect, my hopes for the sequel to improve on some rather underwhelming parts of the prequel were pretty dim, but hey.

There was a time I used to be a Biodrone too.

It took me 5 (very painful) minutes playing the demo, before changing my mind for good, and uninstalling it.

It left me with a feeling of deep disgust, and the immediate need to get rid of something as physically repulsive.

The game is an insult to basic human intelligence, a shame-inducing toy worse than a KICK ME sign hanging in someone's back, a testimony for the future of what this generation was able.

Even 切腹 would not redeem its developpers in my eyes.

My loathing for this game knows no bounds.

Otherwise, I happen to be calm, reasonable and fairly open-minded in my everyday's gaming life. We were talking about DA3, right ?

Burn in Hell with any of your games Facebook shenanigans to come, Bioware.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
There was a time I used to like BioWare too, for such classic games like Dragon Age: Origins and KotOR. Now, I am starting to wonder if they were ever that good. Now there is nothing I look forward to that is made by them. Now, somehow, there is only Cole.

There was a time I used to like BioWare too, for such classic games like Dragon Age: Origins and KotOR. Now, I am starting to wonder if they were ever that good. Now there is nothing I look forward to that is made by them. Now, somehow, there is only Cole.

Almost brofisted, but

classic games like (...) KotOR.

Not gonna play this DA shit, so I dunno.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
The tragic part about DA2 is that when Bio finally decided to do something different than epic-hero-saves-the-world-majestic-everything it sucked the most. And I have a feeling that they think it's one of the reasons.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The tragic part about DA2 is that when Bio finally decided to do something different than epic-hero-saves-the-world-majestic-everything it sucked the most. And I have a feeling that they think it's one of the reasons.

Well...technically it is, because they obviously don't know how to do anything else. Play to your strengths and all that.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist

Well...technically it is, because they obviously don't know how to do anything else. Play to your strengths and all that.

Yeah, and I've got even better idea. So- called 'bioware formula': introduced first in BG, and then extensively used in almost every game after. Criticized as the same schema, mindlessly repeated ad nauseum. Instead leaving this behind, they'd rather say it should be considered a form of art. After all, they were quite artsy at the end of their last 'hard-SF' action game.

So, thing should be perceived kinda like Commedia dell'Arte. It's about the same character archetypes and plot arc, but it's found in various fantasy worlds, every time reinterpreted anew and told in new exciting, breathtaing way, with new props and wnfdwpdf[23l2dm3e nvs;ldc,d sdf egigrfw

Somebody shut down bioware and put those poor fuckers out of their misery.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

I'd blame the particularly bad elements of the writing on the fact that they were rushed. How to make a bad writer worse: Give no time for revisions so you essentially get a first draft.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FWIW, I don't think there's any danger of people deciding that "epic majestic save the world" plots are the only way to make a game from now on. There are plenty of games from other companies that prove that's not true (for example GTA, which Bioware cited as an inspiration around the time DA2 was being developed).

It's just the only way Bioware can make a game.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
such classic games like Dragon Age: Origins and KotOR.

These both games are classic examples:

DA:O is classic, because it is a lesson on how not to make spiritual sequels. It was supposed be spiritual sequel to BG :lol:.

Now Kotor is a classic, because of it's boredom. It's the game so boring that only most retarded or most enduring can play that shit.

achab

Novice
It could be one of these:

Dragon Age 3: Grave Digging

Dragon Age 3: Choice Faking

Dragon Age 3: Three Color Ending

Dragon Age 3: Dawn Of The Peeker

Dragon Age 3: Day One

Dragon Age 3: $$$

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had guilty plessure of Enjoying both DAO and KOTOR (to be honest I played it only seven two times unlike KOTOR2) but calling them classic? It's HERERESY BLAM! Offense in my book. Biowhore has declined since the aquisition by EA, but it was cheap fun provider at its best.... Now it's only You have to be furry loving Faggot to enjoy it :decline:.

GreyViper

Prophet
And I have perverse fantasy of Bio doing Warhammer fantasy RPG and they would get the slaanesh cults oh so right.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
What I would like to see is a companion similar to The Marietta Mangler (Steve Buscemi) in Con Air

FUDU

Arcane
How about..

Dragon Age Pee: The golden Shower (because we already shit on your chest)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom