Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age= Best machinima workshop

Wulfstand

Prophet

Monocause

Arcane
Yup. Still bogged down by how crappy some of the NPC models look like, though that's not the machinimist's fault; what's of his fault is the rather bland story.

I just checked some of the other machinima videos, and seems like Machinima's an excellent idea with absolutely retarded execution most of the time.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey, this is pretty cool. Much better than WoW machinima I've seen before ;)

Heartwarden

Educated
The facial animations in DA always made me laugh, and here it's no different. Even Droopy isn't nearly as goofy as, heck, Leliana for example.

Impressive work, though. Outshines the actual game cinematics by a mile.

Their healer sucks. Visually pretty but, already, generic and stupid.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Freelance Henchman said:
That is quite impressive. The camera work especially seems professional, better than the game cutscenes actually.

My thought's as well. Very impressive videos. Bioware should hire them to do their cut-scenes. :lol:

Deleted member 7219

They look good, although the poor quality of the faces show through. I just can't understand why so many men in Dragon Age have impossibly thin noses. The only way their noses could get like that is if they had Michael Jackson-esque surgery. Does that exist in Ferelden?

Nitpicking aside, I think they are well done. Music is very Battlestar Galactica, though. And there doesn't seem to be much in way of story or dialogue.

Xi

Arcane
Anyone who bashes DA's graphics is utterly retarded. They are just fine. Anyone who desires more graphics to enjoy the gameplay is the reason most modern RPGs suck donkey balls.

denizsi

Arcane
No, they aren't. It's not about desiring "more" graphics. It's eyesore of an art direction.

Laughable body animation during dialogue. Laughable "LOOK AT ME I SHOW MIMICS" facial animation. Inconsistent model (poly count) and texture quality (resolution, colour palette, level of detail).

Xi

Arcane
denizsi said:
No, they aren't. It's not about desiring "more" graphics. It's eyesore of an art direction.

Laughable body animation during dialogue. Laughable "LOOK AT ME I SHOW MIMICS" facial animation. Inconsistent model (poly count) and texture quality (resolution, colour palette, level of detail).

It's just fine. Or, would you have preferred they cut back on some of the content to hire a few more artists? That's simply the reality of it. The graphics are just fine.

Data4

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
I don't really give a shit about poly count and texture quality, my problem is with emotionless, created-on-facegen characters.

Yep. Uncanny valley is in full effect, here. It's not that I demand the bestest evar graphics. It's just that if HL:2 and V:tM:B can have better facial expressions on the 6 year old Source engine, shit like this is inexcusable in 2009 and later.

But that aside, the machinimas were pretty good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom