Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
The only way I'll buy this game is if the intro movie has the hero reflecting on his earlier missions, with a montage of him getting his ass pounded in prior games. Then, we snap back to the present, where he's getting his ass pounded.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Following the precedent established many times before, there will be at least several codexers who will buy/pirate this game. While a curious behavior it does have its upside. Thanks to these brave souls I can then read their lp's and make the judgement of this game being shit shit shit. For good measure I should probably do a Volourn summon.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Dragon Age III: Inquisition as it's now officially known will be using a new engine based on the Frostbite 2 engine.

Official Press Release

EDMONTON, Alberta--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- BioWare, a Label of Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA), today announced Dragon Age™ 3: Inquisition, the next chapter in the award-winning role-playing game (RPG) franchise, is in development at BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. Coming in late 2013, Dragon Age 3: Inquisition combines the storytelling legacy BioWare is known for, with deep RPG gameplay, all on a brand new RPG game engine underpinned by EA's critically-acclaimed Frostbite™ 2 technology.

"The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now," said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. "We've been poring over player feedback from past games and connecting directly with our fans. They haven't held back, so we're not either. With Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, we want to give fans what they're asking for — a great story with choices that matter, a massive world to explore, deep customization and combat that is both tactical and visceral."

:lol:

Additional write-up at Joystiq.

BioWare today announced Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, along with a release window of late 2013 for the next game in the fantasy RPG series. On a post on the Dragon Age website, Executive Producer Mark Darrah revealed the game is being developed by "a lot" of the same team that created the previous entries in the series. Shortly after, EA sent us a press release detailing more information on the third Dragon Age game, including that it's set to release late next year, and that DICE's Frosbite 2 engine is the foundation for the one being built for the game.

Dragon Field 3: Bad Company.

:yeah:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Wait. They said they were looking into Skyrim success and they have switched to an engine that can render an open-world... Mmm. Explorefaggotry Open-world Dragon Age?

Edit: Fuck off, Infinitron. :(

Edit: Edit: I fear that an open-world Skyrim rip-off will have them shed all that was good with Dragon Age mechanics.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Edit: Edit: I fear that an open-world Skyrim rip-off will have them shed all that was good with Dragon Age mechanics.
Those two words don't compute.
DA:O was a mainstream combatfaggotry RPG (all ye haters, notice the word mainstream). ME and Twitcher are mainstream storyfaggotry RPGs. Skyrim is a mainstream explorefaggotry RPG. If we lose DA as a continuation of the inherent mechanics in Origins, the mainstream will lose the option to play a combatfaggotry RPG that they will like. This is decline of variety in the industry.

I still think DA:O is one of the few games that got RTwP right. This was mostly because the combat mechanics were designed around how time is handled, rather than the other way around as seen in the IE games.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
I don't deny DA:O was a mainstream combatfaggotry RPG. It was a combatfaggotry RPG, it failed utterly, it proved bioware is just a bunch of dumbfucks and BG was succesful only thanks to usage of DnD text and rules.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Biowhore goons threaten RPS over DA3 leak:
This makes an interesting time to note that after we wrote our story detailing the leaks posted on NeoGAF, we were contacted by a third-party marketing company, sending us a vaguely legally threatening email demanding that we take the information down. We didn’t, of course, and it does rather seem to have proven to be true! (We were also slightly amused by this email actually confirming that the list of possible subtitles we had posted as a rumour were in fact definitely true.)
It seems Biowhore is very possessive of their Frostbyte-powered baby. Can't wait even more vacuousness hidden underneath a solid layer of high-end eye-candy.

J1M

Arcane
I guarantee the engine change is because EA is requiring this game to have a multiplayer component and Bioware doesn't trust their own ability to add it to the Dragon Age engine.

RPGMaster

Savant
They could not pick a more terrible time to announce this if they tried. Who cares now Eternity has been announced?

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
If that Eternity is going to be close to Origins, then it will be some serious shit.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Well DAIII has been announced to release late 2013. Since they have been fully developping this for 18 months that means that production time is double that of DAII. I would guess Bioware DAIII is going to be more like DA:O which was much more succesfull then DAII. Also the Frostbite engine seems much better then Eclipse. So I guess this could turn out ok. Will wait for actual info and footage before writing this off...

(I liked DA:O btw. Also I don't mind a more casual crpg like DA:O next to the more old skool titles like Wasteland 2, Chaos Chronicles, PE etc that we're getting)

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
We can only put our good faith in Bioware's great experience to find fitting endings for trilogies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom