Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The difficulty of DAO on Nightmare isn't all that high after all the nerfs, but imo you certainly can't solo the game with a warrior or rogue. The reason simply is that some bosses use attacks that incapacitate you and will kill you if you're not receiving heals from someone else. Examples are the special attack the high dragons do when throwing you in the air and start chewing on you, or red named enemy mages casting crushing prison. No heals= dead character, no matter how many HPs you have. Not sure about Arcane Warrior/Spirit Healers though, because those have the lifeward spell which could save them in this situation.

Arcane Warrior can solo the game.

The difficulty of DAO on Nightmare isn't all that high after all the nerfs, but imo you certainly can't solo the game with a warrior or rogue. The reason simply is that some bosses use attacks that incapacitate you and will kill you if you're not receiving heals from someone else. Examples are the special attack the high dragons do when throwing you in the air and start chewing on you, or red named enemy mages casting crushing prison. No heals= dead character, no matter how many HPs you have. Not sure about Arcane Warrior/Spirit Healers though, because those have the lifeward spell which could save them in this situation.

Arcane Warrior can solo the game.

The game isn't worth a replay tbh...

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It isn't even worth to be finished once. I tried to do finish it multiple times, but failed miserably. Too boring.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It amuses me how easily they discarded thing, that they were dead-set in. Regeneration, race, tactical combat. It's not something you easily add, maybe with the exception of race. What could possibly happen that biowhores started to change their major concepts so late in the developement process.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It amuses me how easily they discarded thing, that they were dead-set in. Regeneration, race, tactical combat. It's not something you easily add, maybe with the exception of race. What could possibly happen that biowhores started to change their major concepts so late in the developement process.
Regeneration - who ever says this was in?
Race - they said on the forums this was a direct result of getting another year of dev-time
Tactical combat - always a goal. And they're going to fail it because they insist on balancing the default difficulty to be completable by a single character with AI-controlled companions.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tactical combat - always a goal. And they're going to fail it because they insist on balancing the default difficulty to be completable by a single character with AI-controlled companions.
Can't survive on normal, has to change to very easy. Offended, will never buy a BuyoWear game again!!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
In DA2 normal mode was way too easy and hard mode was a little too hard (mostly because of endless trash mobs). I hope they find the happy medium next time, all other issues aside.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/46...rassment-erodes-industry-spurs-support-groups

2XML43w.png

The Hamburger did the right thing. This is a small, but important step for Bioware to obtain it's former glorious reputation back.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I mean... on one hand I think that kind of harassment is pretty insane. On the other hand... it got her to leave.

SO CONFLICTED.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Senior writer on DA:I? So the damage was done. Not that it matters if you hit a dead horse, but you always can do...things...with the carcass.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's probably people posting @HamburgerHelperOfficial "I hope your children die you fat bitch" on twitter

OMG DEATH THREATS!! :patriot:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Senior writer on DA:I? So the damage was done. Not that it matters if you hit a dead horse, but you always can do...things...with the carcass.

And I am sure all of them will be explored in a Gaider and Hepler penned sidequest,after all Bioware is all about exploring diversity these days and mudslime pakis zoophiliacs and necrophiliacs are just as misunderstood as faggots and tranies,right?
:deadhorse:

P.S. Don't forget she has a vagina and works used to work in the gaming inustry,that's why we hate her,right?

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
"The outpouring of support I received — large amounts from female and gay fans — was incredibly heartening,
As expected from DA2 target audience
Without the negativity, I'm not sure that I would ever have heard from all of these people confirming that there is a need for characters that tackle touchy social issues, for characters who are untraditional or even unlikeable.
"Hey, team, here's our goal - we need unlikable characters. Make us anime faggot who is constantly whining or something..."
It has definitely strengthened my desire to continue to make games
...which is why she quit biowhores to write her shitty book. Apparently there were not enough death threats
Women represent over 50 percent of the population, tend to be in charge of household finances, and are the majority purchasers of games (when factoring in games bought by women as gifts for husbands, children, friends, etc.)
It's always nice to have a precious input about who buys games from a retard, who admitted she hated games. I also pity her children.
Games cost much too much money to focus on a niche market,"
Fuck you, Obsidian and InXile, fuck you!

Last edited:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Well, at least no one's going to threaten her over her book...because no one's going to read it. She'll probably miss the attention enough to beg Bioware to take her back.

Percy

Cipher
Let's be serious, she deserved death threats for her work on DA2.
But surely she wasn't the only one.
It truly was a bucket of ass.

Geez, imagine how angry I'd be if I actually paid for it.

Well, death threats are one of the less sophisticated form of trolling and always reminded me of middle school. Not only they are pedestrian, but they are ineffective as fuck. They certainly didn't affect Helper, because she haven't read most of them, by her own statement.
lgsNSbX.png

DA2 came out in 2011, she left work this week, so it's safe to say that she had left her work because other reasons.

Kitako

Arcane
If only it was that easy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom