Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
B8L9wsI.png

Nameless Codexian

My no pawns run of strider then later the warrior class of this game are undoubtedly some of the best gaming experiences I have ever had in my entire life.

Nameless Codexian

Yeah, I have been waiting and hoping for years to hear any news confirming that capcom is working on a sequel.

But alas...

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Are there any good content mods for this or just the usual texture stuff? I got a mod when I first downloaded the game to replace the main menu music with the original music but nothing else.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
This artstyle in particular reminds me of Breath of Fire, same artist?
That cover/poster art for Capcom's two Mystara D&D beat-'em-ups was created by a Japanese illustrator who uses the pseudonym Bengus and who created artwork for many Capcom games over the years but apparently not for the Breath of Fire series.
Perhaps another Capcom illustrator was influenced by him, or both were affected by similar influences. :M

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Honestly hoping for a DD2 at this point is playing with a monkeys paw. You would be EXTREMELY likely to get a fucking multiplayer game.
Capcom already created a multiplayer Dragon's Dogma Online, although it was released in Japan only. As much as I generally detest multiplayer games, a successor to Dragon's Dogma, building on the combat system, would have worked quite well as a non-massively multiplayer RPG where each of the party members was controlled by a human rather than an AI. :M

Black Angel

Arcane
a non-massively multiplayer RPG where each of the party members was controlled by a human rather than an AI. :M
So something like Monster Hunter: World? The system is already in place, I guess.
But MH while good has much slower place, and it is not a rpg
I only said 'something like MH', didn't mean I suggested for it to be *exactly* like it. Besides, playing through DD already gave me a lot of MH impression. It's not a stretch that Capcom adapted a lot of what they've known from MH into DD, and so I think it's highly likely that they'll adapt what they've learned with MH:W into the next DD game.

deuxhero

Arcane
This artstyle in particular reminds me of Breath of Fire, same artist?
That cover/poster art for Capcom's two Mystara D&D beat-'em-ups was created by a Japanese illustrator who uses the pseudonym Bengus and who created artwork for many Capcom games over the years but apparently not for the Breath of Fire series.
Perhaps another Capcom illustrator was influenced by him, or both were affected by similar influences. :M

Maybe there's a colorist/inker in common?

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
a non-massively multiplayer RPG where each of the party members was controlled by a human rather than an AI. :M
So something like Monster Hunter: World? The system is already in place, I guess.
But MH while good has much slower place, and it is not a rpg
I only said 'something like MH', didn't mean I suggested for it to be *exactly* like it. Besides, playing through DD already gave me a lot of MH impression. It's not a stretch that Capcom adapted a lot of what they've known from MH into DD, and so I think it's highly likely that they'll adapt what they've learned with MH:W into the next DD game.
I don't know, the two combat system aside from targetable parts seems much different to me. Dd is much more fluid and satisfying. Also the mounting gives you control and it's not a glorified QTE like in mh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom