Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

sullynathan

Arcane
Matt Walker said:
Devil May Cry 5 Director Hideaki Itsuno is a legend among Capcom fans. His name is in the credits of many beloved games, and since he is finally managing to bring Devil May Cry back under the spotlight, I couldn’t resist asking him during a recent interview if he would personally like to do the same with other old and glorious franchises.

His answer, provided through Producer Matt Walker (who was handling the interpretation), was definitely pleasing.

“If I was allowed, I’d love to make Rival Schools 3, I’d love to make Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom vs SNK 3, Street Fighter Alpha 4, Power Stone 3… If I could, even Street Fighter 6 would be amazing.
But the big one… the one that we need to get resolution on is Rival Schools, because in Japan there are three years of high-school. We have seen the first two years for these kids, so the third one would be their last year in high-school. Wouldn’t that be cool? You end it on their graduation ceremony.”

https://www.dualshockers.com/devil-may-cry-5-director-wants-rival-schools-3/

Jinn

Arcane
I'll be so pissed if they let him do Rival Schools 3 instead of Dragon's Dogma 2 for his next game.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Think I'm gonna give this game another chance, need to figure out what to play. I want something that's fun, reasonably effective and preferably has magic. I'm thinking maybe a Magic Knight with a Mage pawn, or a Sorcerer with a ??? pawn?

Delterius

Arcane
I'm thinking maybe a Magic Knight with a Mage pawn, or a Sorcerer with a ??? pawn?
As a Sorcerer I enjoyed a Strider pawn that has Scather and Pioneer as dispositions. Strider because him climbing on enemies to distract them is a godsend, as opposed to unneeded DPS from a bowman. Pioneer and Scather should make sure he's far away from you, as opposed to something terrible like Guardian.

Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane
Think I'm gonna give this game another chance, need to figure out what to play. I want something that's fun, reasonably effective and preferably has magic. I'm thinking maybe a Magic Knight with a Mage pawn, or a Sorcerer with a ??? pawn?
I went STR focused MK in the late game and found it to be a bit lackluster (MK spells can scale off of STR or magic damage) so it might be a good idea to go with a magic focused one which you can then easily switch to a sorcerer if you feel like it. Playing a yellow vocation for stamina growth is also handy for casters, you could do that during the base game. In BBI (DLC island) you can stack sorcerers/mages with maybe one physical pawn. I found having one support-oriented mage pawn worked quite well.

I'll be so pissed if they let him do Rival Schools 3 instead of Dragon's Dogma 2 for his next game.

He really seems to want to make a new Rival Schools too. While I do want a new Dragon's Dogma from Hideaki Itsuno more than anything else, I do miss him doing their fighting games, and I do really want him to do something like Power Stone again.

Maybe he can do both?

7 years and no sequel announced yet

Well, Capcom did release Dragon's Dogma Online in 2015...in Japan.

Main team is the DMC team, and they've been doing Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition and Devil May Cry 5 the last few years. Hopefully in the next couple years we hear something about a new Dragon's Dogma in RE Engine. Development cycle was four years after DMC4, if DMC5 comes out on time it'll be the same with that from DMC4SE, so it'll probably be around four years from now.

As much as he seems to want to do a new Rival Schools, I doubt Capcom will let him just like they aren't doing new Darkstalkers games. And Capcom did more Darkstalkers stuff than Rival Schools. So I'd assume after DMC5 his next project will be DD2, at least unless he does something new. But I'd guess after Monster Hunter World became there best selling game shortly after release that Capcom is looking for something similar, even if that something similar plays pretty different. Then again it's hard to tell what Japanese companies are thinking sometimes, like you'd think Jurassic World becoming one of the biggest movies of all time a few years ago would have got them to dust off Dino Crisis, but nope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom