Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Black

Arcane

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
It was made to specifically target western people as an answer for The Elder Scrolls
That might have been the original intention behind creating Dragon's Dogma, but the size of its world was greatly reduced from the original plan, and it's very much combat-focused (with an excellent combat system), so that the end result doesn't have much in common with any of the Elder Scrolls games. :M

Black

Arcane
Is there a way to make the main stash shareable? I want to make try out a sorcerer main but the thought of doing all the shit from scratch is terrifying.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If you don't want to do the early game shit with the sorceror then just switch your current character to the class. Stat growths are pretty irrelevant compared to equipment anyways, and some of the sorc spells are even physical attack based anyways.

I'm really tempted to try that mod out; sorceror is my favourite class by far and it states that it makes the status effects much more important, which sorc excels at anyways. OTOH I've done at least 7 playthroughs as sorceror so I should probably use another class if I try the mod.

Delterius

Arcane
Yeah, I played this game to death already and I'm still wondering wether that mod is worth one last go at it.
Stat growths are pretty irrelevant
But muh min-maxing.
I don't know man. Considering how powerful the Sorc staffs are, that Holy charge attack exists and how sorc spells still need to overcome physical defense to deal damage, odds are you're still getting something out of your level ups. Sorcerers have the worst stamina growth, after all.

It was made to specifically target western people as an answer for The Elder Scrolls

But The Elder Scrolls does have catpeople. Anyways, this has been kicking around Capcom since before Elder Scrolls ever got big with Morrowind. The concept is something Hideaki Itsuno came up with in 2000, but the game was put on the back burner when he was moved onto DMC2 to help fix that game.

The goal of the game from the GDC talk sounds more like it was to get a certain amount of sales worldwide, which would involve also targeting a western audiences, but it doesn't sound like it was made to specifically target a western audience. It just sounds like western fantasy is something Itsuno has liked since he was little, and that's one of the games he pitched back in 2000.

Black

Arcane
About BBI and assassaaasassassin: there are some augments that only work at night, is BBI considered always night?

Kitchen Utensil

iirc when you open the map on BBI, there's an icon somewhere which shows whether it's day or night at the time.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
781149ce36.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom