Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragonsphere

thesoup

Arcane
Is it any good? Should I even bother?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's a pretty good quality game, from what I remember (only played it once). A bit reminiscent of Legend of Kyrandia. It's free on GoG so you might as well give it a try.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Of the microprose adventures i prefer "Return of the phantom".

Dragonsphere is kinda of "utterly generic setting", in a way that RotP... err, sometimes isn't. Quite memorable ending area. Then again RotP has a maze area. fuuuuuuuu (actually can't remember if DS had it too).

Rex Nebular is just stupid.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
We were younger back then, SCO.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dragonsphere is kinda of "utterly generic setting", in a way that RotP... err, sometimes isn't. Quite memorable ending area. Then again RotP has a maze area. fuuuuuuuu (actually can't remember if DS had it too).
Return of the Phantom was fun, but yeah, that maze... It was very probably the most infuriating one in any adventure game. And that's really saying something.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hey, I was much more critical when I was younger. I keep going back and replaying games that I remember being shit, only to come out thinking "hey that wasn't so bad". Rex was fun, if juvenile, and a nice mixture of SQ and LSL. DS had pretty good lore for its world and lots of twists on the generica, and I remember some of its puzzles very fondly. Not to mention it had a great though heavily foreshadowed tweest (which you ruined, you evil man). Fantastic soundtrack and great art direction too, but then so did RotP.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Oh yeah now i remember the tweest.

Err, i guess RK47 should at least try to edit his post, in the off case the OP didn't read it yet.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Return of the Phantom was fun, but yeah, that maze... It was very probably the most infuriating one in any adventure game. And that's really saying something.
Nah man. Do you remember "Return to Zork" swamps and mines and forest?

Edit: i take it back. I'd forgotten some... 'details', like the instant teleportation to other parts of the maze if you turned wrong.

Redlands

Arcane
Does this game constantly crash for anyone else?

I tried playing it a little while ago, and even playing in DOSBox makes it crash my whole computer.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I always loved this game as a kid -- great twist, great art, interesting setting (even if somewhat cliche fantasy, it had some novelty), and a handful of good puzzles. I remember finding the poetry puzzle ridiculous, but still a noble effort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom