Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drakensang gamestopping bug -I need a savegame!

DemonKing

Arcane
Hi guys,

I'm finally near the end of Drakensang but unfortunately I've just encountered a gamestopper.

Basically I was supposed to kill a spy and her two stone golem friends in Murolosh near the end of the game to progress the storyline, however I merely froze one of the golems with a paralysis spell and moved on through a portal further on.

Unfortunately, by not actually killing the stone golem I failed to activate the quest telling me to go through the portal, and when I cleared out the dungeons behind the portal and finally killing the stone golem, I was still getting a quest to go through the portal, which is now inaccessible.

I'm screwed and don't have any save gamnes that would not force me to go through another 40+ hours of grind.

I don't care about your character build or party composition - if anyone out there can send me a savegame from the en dof Murolosh that wold be appreciated!

EDIT: Got a response from DTP about the issue:

Sehr geehrte Kundin,
Sehr geehrter Kunde,

we are sorry but there is no possibility to avoid this if you haven\'t got any savegames, because the quest is already saved in your newer savegame.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Guido Kaminiarz
SoftBay GmbH

Carlstraße 50

D-52531 Übach-Palenberg

Very...unhelpful. :x

Andhaira

Arcane
How stupid do you have to be to have only ONE save game?

This is an rpg. You are supposed to have multiple savegames.

DemonKing

Arcane
AndhairaX said:
How stupid do you have to be to have only ONE save game?

This is an rpg. You are supposed to have multiple savegames.

I don't have one save game - I have an autosave, a quicksave, another save it makes whenever you exit the game, plus a save game of my own etc. My problem is none of them are useful.

Hey maybe it's my fault for assuming the developers would have spotted such an obvious bug but the sad fact is as a player you won't spot the fact you're screwed until you've played on for 10 hours in any event.

Whatever - I just don't like the "too bad you're stuffed" attitude of the developer.

Andhaira

Arcane
Humm, if its 10 hours worth of wasted time that could occur, then that is something the devs should patch. Hasn't there been a furor over this on the official forums or something?

Also, Gamefaqs would be a good place to check for savegames. Though here if you ask in general RPG Discussion you should get someone to help you.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I just finished the Shivering Isles (I kid you not*) and am about to start Drakensang.

So...if you can wait umpteen dozen hours/several weeks you'll have your save :wink:
(sorry mate!)

(*by "finished" I mean finished the central quest and then uninstalled)

mondblut

Arcane
Drakensang savegames are simply MySQL databases. Flagging this quest as completed shouldn't be too hard with any MySQL editor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom