Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

RaisedEyebrow

Novice
Just registered to say that I've got an Ultizurk IV beta sitting on my HD. AFAIK, it's the full game - almost certainly it's bugged and unpolished, but I'm pretty sure it's feature complete.

I was (or, better, almost was) a betatester for Dr. Dungeon some months ago. He sent me a copy of the game, but I never managed to actually test anything since the damn thing always freezed at the main menu - I then tried to contact Doc to report the problem, but apparently he had already vanished without a trace (no reply to my emails and his site's gone). Some time ago I even tried to setup a VMWare virtual machine emulating OSX, but it looks like my hardware is too out of date to run it correctly, since it lagged like shit whenever I tried to do anything.

If you feel like sharing what you have, please send it to Kenneth Kully at kenneth dot kully at gmail dot com

Well, you know, I'd be more than willing to share what I have (also, technically I haven't signed any NDA), yet doing it without contacting Doc makes me a bit hesitant... I'll send an email to Kully since it seems he's been able to contact Dr. Dungeon in the last few months.

Still, I'm afraid many people won't be able to actually play it (as I said it's mac-only and, IIRC, Doc stressed that it currently supports only 1600x1200 resolution or something like that).

PeeWee

Augur
Hello.

In October 2012 and / or November 2012 I was in touch with Dr. Dungeon for the latest time. I think he is very busy.

On page 6 of this thread is a list of all games by Dr. Dungeon I have completed. Feel free to ask me about them.

I have made a new list. This is a list of all games by Dr. Dungeon as far as I know, including games that have never been finished, games that are lost forever and games that have never been written at all and are just a title.

Aliens
ZURK I: The Great Zurkian Empire
ZURK II: The World Below
ZURK III: The City of Glass
ZURK IV: Enter the Ninja
ZURK V: The Dungeon Master
ZURK VI: The Dragon Gate
ZURK VII: The Savannah
ZURK VIII: The Wizard’s Guild
ZURK IX: The Rendezvous
ZURK X
HERITAGE OF ZURK I: Elvenfire
HERITAGE OF ZURK II: The Crystal Mountains
HERITAGE OF ZURK III: The Moonbeam
GORK I
GORK II
GORK III
GORK IV: IT CAME FROM DOWNTOWN!
Babysitter I: The Night His Parents Went Out!
Babysitter II: The Kid Unleashed
Spook House I
Spook House II: The Last Vampire
Spook House III: The Levee
Spook House IV
ULTIZURK I: The Grandmaster’s Quest
ULTIZURK II: The Shadow Master
Morbius’ Isthmus
The Great Ultizurkian Underland
ULTIZURK III: Part I: The Guildmaster’s Quest
ULTIZURK III: Part II: The Mobius Mind
Wraith
MadMan
ULTIZURK IV: Lord of the Cyclops
ULTIZURK V: The Mach Gryphon

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
For a game designer that received lackluster financial support for his games, he sure seems prolific. Here's hoping he fires off the golden BB and finds some decent profits from his work.

PeeWee

Augur
To Infinitron:
"ULTIZURK V: The Mach Gryphon" is one of the games that have never been written and are just a title.

PeeWee

Augur
As far as I know, "Morbius’ Isthmus" is a game like "The Great Ultizurkian Underland". As far as I know, it has been finished by Dr. Dungeon. I do not know if it has ever been released.

Does anybody have any more question?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as I know, "Morbius’ Isthmus" is a game like "The Great Ultizurkian Underland". As far as I know, it has been finished by Dr. Dungeon. I do not know if it has ever been released.

Is it part of the Ultizurk storyline?

Stabwound

Arcane
Link's broken on that download. :(

Ultizurk 4 looked like it could have been the first commercially viable game potentially, but the weirdness (Mac only, restricted to some obscure resolution) and general just an overall lack of promotion whatsoever wasn't going to help much. Looked like a game that could have appealed to the Spiderweb crowd, really.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've added Morbius' Isthmus to OP. No idea how to unlock it, unfortunately.

DrDungeon

Developer
In thirty days, there will be a major announcement from the Castle of the Mach Gryphon, home of Dr. Dungeon. Sorry the delay in chatting, my friends. I have been in the lab all this time. It will be worth the wait, rest assured, or I'm not Dr. Dungeon! Dr. Dungeon's Magnum opus. You guys keep me on my feet, and I thank thee!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vvRN09HZ_4

PeeWee

Augur
I think "Morbius’ Isthmus" and "Wraith" are NOT part of the ULTIZURK story line and "MadMan" will NOT be part of the ULTIZURK story line either.

I was right: Dr. Dungeon has been very busy... with "MadMan".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I think "Morbius’ Isthmus" and "Wraith" are NOT part of the ULTIZURK story line and "MadMan" will NOT be part of the ULTIZURK story line either.

No they aren't, but we are interested in all RPGs here.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Sorry about when you get to UZ2 there are a zillion dungeons! The reason is UZ1 took about three months to make, but my friend Gary solved it pretty quick so I was kind of mad. So I wanted to make UZ2 much longer and lots of dungeons to confuse him.

I realize I'm really, really late to the party, but this thread is just brilliant stuff overall. And those games, man. Props to Infi and the Doc. :bro:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Never played em, but this looks like homemade and a labour of non-pretentious love. I would brotherly kiss you for that, if I was gay.

PeeWee

Augur
In the past few days I was in touch with Dr. Dungeon a few times.

Dr. Dungeon has finally gone mad and can't emerge himself until he's done with the combat system!

Dr. Dungeon has spent much time working on "MadMan".

I have 3 pictures from "MadMan" that Dr. Dungeon believes can be uploaded on this forum. Dr. Dungeon claims several of you know how. Can anyone give me his or her e-mail-address and upload these pictures to this forum after I send them?

Note: Dr. Dungeon was talking about "a major announcement" and this is not it. We still have to wait for this announcement.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
In the past few days I was in touch with Dr. Dungeon a few times.

Dr. Dungeon has finally gone mad and can't emerge himself until he's done with the combat system!

Dr. Dungeon has spent much time working on "MadMan".

I have 3 pictures from "MadMan" that Dr. Dungeon believes can be uploaded on this forum. Dr. Dungeon claims several of you know how. Can anyone give me his or her e-mail-address and upload these pictures to this forum after I send them?

Note: Dr. Dungeon was talking about "a major announcement" and this is not it. We still have to wait for this announcement.

Use imgur - http://imgur.com/

Then just post the links to the uploaded images in this thread.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Behold, Madman! In all its ... Madmanness....

archie.jpg

program.jpg

tamhead.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom