Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Drifter [pulp adventure thriller]

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

You can play for 1 day thanks to Dorito Pope.

The demo took me 20 minutes. It was delicious.

WallaceChambers

Learned
Played the demo and it was some good ass hard boiled Australian shit. Protag is a good mix of cynical and compassionate, finding out his backstory was interesting and there seems to be a cool larger mystery afoot. I liked the interface a lot too. It does the Unavowed mouse-over hotspot descriptions thing but still lets you observe stuff for in depth descriptions.

I'll definitely gonna pick this up when it comes out.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I only played past where you get off the train and then the next screen over and had to leave.. uninstalled it right away because it seems like something I will probably pick up on day one depending on the price.

lightbane

Arcane
There's an entire walkthrough of the demo here, for those curious:

It seems fine, although I don't like the lack of animations. I know the engine is ancient and decrepit, but was it really so hard to animate the protagonist doing certain things rather than narrating them doing so? The hideous, over-pixelated style doesn't help. Still, the narration sounds cool.
It reminds me of 3 short, free adventure games that had similar issues (lack of animations). I don't recall their names, but one was about a young reporter coming into Insmmouth and having to flee before he was gangraped by the Deep Ones, another one was based on a Lovecraft tale about a bunch of thieves trying to rob a necromancer, and the last one, which reminded me of the Drifter the most, was one inspired by The Thing, with a protagonist locked in a room and harrassed by infected colleagues trying to get in. It featured an "intense" narrative voice too, as well as two endings (suicide or give your infected kid a quick death).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom