Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Droiyan 2: Absolute Monarch Translation Thread

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Okay, let me clarify the current state of translation, so you guys will know how long you have to wait and what to expect. +M

I had to move from one PC to another several times, and I was too lazy to set things up, but I've reinstalled the game and set everything up again.
Basically, I need to run over the entire game script again, and that's pretty much everything I need to do to call it a day, except for a couple of issues:

- The game uses some in-house format for graphics and menus, so it's way out of my league (despite my attempts to figure it out). However, Korean version uses Engrish in the menus, so replacing the necessary files should be enough.
- BUT! Korean version has 5 menu options, while Russie version only has 4 (multiplayer was removed). This makes the main menu a wee bit confusing, but eh, you're going to see it only when you run the game.
- I just need some time to get back and do a proper retranslation of the script, item names and quest data.

And that's all. :shittydog:

lightbane, try to get the Russkie version, I can send you a list of files that you can copy from the Spanish version and see if it will work nicely. In Spanish and with proper fonts.

lightbane

Arcane
Someone called me? Wait, is this still aliv- I mean, ookay, I suppose it will be a bit hard to find such thing, doubly so because I don't know Russian, but-*God-Google interrupts with several appropiate results found* Nevermind. I guess I can give it a try at some point. Also, I found this too, which you may find interesting:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2378/

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Someone called me? Wait, is this still aliv- I mean, ookay, I suppose it will be a bit hard to find such thing, doubly so because I don't know Russian, but-*God-Google interrupts with several appropiate results found* Nevermind. I guess I can give it a try at some point. Also, I found this too, which you may find interesting:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2378/
That's mine. :shittydog:
I don't have the Spanish version that I got from you anymore, so I guess I should ask you to upload it again or check if it works if you want.

Anyhoo, try replacing the following files:

.\Quest\Quest.qst
.\Event\ELPADRO.TXD
.\Event\GANEZIA.TXD
.\Event\ICARUS.TXD
.\Event\PILIPPO.TXD
.\ITEM.dat

If it works out, the font should look A-okay. But if you can't find it, eh, I can give you my version and the Windows XP/7 patch (in PM).

lightbane

Arcane
I guess I'll try uploading the disc files again once I have the time/motivation to do so. Although by now the game should be considered 100% abandonware, so there shouldn't be any issue in any case. Anyway, I'll proceed to do that another time (perhaps next week).

lightbane

Arcane
Unfortunately I have misplaced the Spanish disk somewhere, but I found the Russian version. Hopefully that will still help you a little.

lightbane

Arcane
Good news! I found the game! Being a hoarder very organized person has its advantages.

coolthuzad

Barely Literate
Hey, I know it's been a while since there was an update for this, but I just wanted to know if the project is still going or if there are any updates on it? I only recently found out about Droiyan 2 and can't really find much info anywhere else about it online other than this thread. Thanks in advance :D

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Hey, I know it's been a while since there was an update for this, but I just wanted to know if the project is still going or if there are any updates on it? I only recently found out about Droiyan 2 and can't really find much info anywhere else about it online other than this thread. Thanks in advance :D
It's been dormant for a while, too busy at work to give it the time and attention required.

I should still have the files to get myself started if I decide to give it another try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom