Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline DU broke shoutbox

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Specifically it seems to be people who registered less than one year ago - it's working for me.

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
If only I'd know what email I used when I had an account here years ago when I was underage I could continue not posting in the shoutbox but out of my own free will.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If only I'd know what email I used when I had an account here years ago when I was underage I could continue not posting in the shoutbox but out of my own free will.

Do you remember your old account name? If so, contact DarkUnderlord.

Weasel
I guess it's a sign. Shame though, always liked saying hi to my bros and sis from time to time.
If it is a permanent change (seems unlikely but I guess it could be similar to the 1yr restriction for GD etc, for similar reasons) then you'll be eligible in less than a month though

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I guess it's a sign. Shame though, always liked saying hi to my bros and sis from time to time.
If it is a permanent change (seems unlikely but I guess it could be similar to the 1yr restriction for GD etc, for similar reasons) then you'll be eligible in less than a month though
:rpgcodex:
I'm not restricted from hell GD. I'm a well adjusted codexian. This is an outrage! :argh:

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
I'm not restricted from hell GD. I'm a well adjusted codexian. This is an outrage! :argh:[/QUOTE]

Wait wut did DU decide to make it not 1 year but some random 300something days or does he go and unrestrict people at random when there's nothing better to do.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I'm not restricted from hell GD. I'm a well adjusted codexian. This is an outrage! :argh:
That's because you are a 'Patron'.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
That's because you are a 'Patron'.
I know silly. So if the shoutbox has the same restriction as GD, I should be able to use it no? Anyway, I'm just messing around. The issue might be completely unrelated to newfaggyness.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
This is pretty lame. It was nice to have new people bringing their ideas and experiences to the conversation - did the Codex really need to be more insular?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
It was nice to have new people bringing their ideas and experiences to the conversation...
...and shit all over the chat. Besides, you can be pretty sure all those 'new people' aren't very new.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Isn't the point of shoutbox to be a place where people can shitpost instead of the forums? You don't even seem to use it, why would you care what goes on there?

Weasel
I don't check out the shoutbox very often, but I had the impression it was a bit of a rite of passage for new members to post a "Hi, I'm new" message there.... and have Crispy immediately ask them if they're female.

Will the Codex be the same without this valued tradition?

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
I don't check out the shoutbox very often, but I had the impression it was a bit of a rite of passage for new members to post a "Hi, I'm new" message there.... and have Crispy immediately ask them if they're female.

Will the Codex be the same without this valued tradition?
This tradition is still going strong, I think.
:x

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

These are the things I can do without.

#1: RPGCodex's Shoutbox

:kingcomrade:

Hell, 4 y.o. kids have joined Jihad and are hoisting severed heads like a new spongebob lunchbox. Gonna live a little dudes. Grab your AKs and join the fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom