Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats - first impressions and general feedback

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Players posting videos about a unreleased game and a developer giving them tips. This shit is unnatural. Stop this, please.
Better than developers releasing staged videos. When the game is ready, letting the testers post videos and impressions is the only proper way to present the game to general public.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Players posting videos about a unreleased game and a developer giving them tips. This shit is unnatural. Stop this, please.
Ah...what? Search YT for "Pillars of Eternity Beta" and you will find a gazillion videos posted by beta testers months before the game was released to the general public. Raw gameplay footage is, IMO, the honest way to advertise a game. There are no comments on my videos, only gameplay. So you won't hear a guy making promises about what the game WILL be like when it is released. NO. What you see is what you get.

Have you guys been following the NMS drama? Yeah, that shit only happened because the developers carefully avoided releasing ANYTHING that wasn't properly staged. Well, I can guarantee that whacking scorpions and crafting stuff out of their body parts is a REAL feature of DR. :lol:

Well...if anyone cares, here is another 15 minutes of uncut DR gameplay featuring some hardcore ant whacking + the joy of using disposable meatshields. Enjoy!

:incline:

Cadmus

Arcane
I don't wanna spoil the game for myself so I watched a tiny bit. This guy reminds me of somebody I know, the way he played AoD was funny because he was actually thinking about the game a little bit and roleplaying a weird pacifist good guy mercenary yet he managed quite fine with heavy armor, actually better than me on my first playthrough. But he censors the language in the game, lol. Anyway, I was quite disappointed that he didn't get murdered in the first fight even after fucking up a lot.

GAEM TOO EASY FIX IT FFS, ALL JOURNALISTS MUST DIE IN THE FIRST FIGHT

EDIT: ah this is actually the other guy, I meant the Bumpy McSquigums or something

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't wanna spoil the game for myself so I watched a tiny bit. This guy reminds me of somebody I know, the way he played AoD was funny because he was actually thinking about the game a little bit and roleplaying a weird pacifist good guy mercenary yet he managed quite fine with heavy armor, actually better than me on my first playthrough. But he censors the language in the game, lol. Anyway, I was quite disappointed that he didn't get murdered in the first fight even after fucking up a lot.

GAEM TOO EASY FIX IT FFS, ALL JOURNALISTS MUST DIE IN THE FIRST FIGHT

EDIT: ah this is actually the other guy, I meant the Bumpy McSquigums or something

Bumpy McSquigums played on the mode where enemies are nerfed by 20% or something.

Anyway, it seems like it's more difficult to make a non-viable combat character in DR. There aren't a lot of civil skills to waste SP on, and you get companions who can fight.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
when will it unlock specifically? i forgot to count the time zone. usually if a game release friday in the west, it will be saturday for me. i forgot when AoD unlock too.

japanese game unlock the same day because there are only 2 hours difference between indonesia and japan

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
when will it unlock specifically? i forgot to count the time zone. usually if a game release friday in the west, it will be saturday for me. i forgot when AoD unlock too.

japanese game unlock the same day because there are only 2 hours difference between indonesia and japan

Game will be probably delayed since Developers are changing game difficulty and will then test it etc.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Bros, I've got a Steam related question. I would like to buy a copy myself so that I could write a Steam review that would count and not be marked as "product received for free". How do I go about it? I know I can remove the game from my account and buy it afterwards but that's far from optimal solution. I'll probably have to manually backup my saves and surely I'll have to reinstall the game again (and the hours of my play will also be lost). Utterly stupid and inconvenient. I would prefer if they would just link my new key to the one received for free and voila. Anyone of you Steam gurus (Infinitron Unkillable Cat Bubbles LESS T_T ) know anything about it? I would ask on Steam support but you can't even ask a question, there is only FAQ there and none of them answer my problem. Thank you in advance.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
You will change game difficulty based on user feeback during beta-test?
We've already made some adjustments (reduced the SP gain in the second half of the game) and increased some late game enemies' skills, but I'm not sure it's enough. The main issue is the solo run. You get 4x SP compared to a full party run plus you have the benefit of higher stats (both because you don't have to spend them on CHA and because you get 2 extra stats). So if you survive the early fights (which aren't that difficult) you end up having high offense, defense, crafting, and alchemy. Thinking of reducing the solo run to x2 rather than x4.

Bros, I've got a Steam related question. I would like to buy a copy myself so that I could write a Steam review that would count and not be marked as "product received for free". How do I go about it?
I don't think you can do it anymore since the game is in your library.

PrettyDeadman

Bros, I've got a Steam related question. I would like to buy a copy myself so that I could write a Steam review that would count and not be marked as "product received for free". How do I go about it? I know I can remove the game from my account and buy it afterwards but that's far from optimal solution. I'll probably have to manually backup my saves and surely I'll have to reinstall the game again (and the hours of my play will also be lost). Utterly stupid and inconvenient. I would prefer if they would just link my new key to the one received for free and voila. Anyone of you Steam gurus (Infinitron Unkillable Cat Bubbles LESS T_T ) know anything about it? I would ask on Steam support but you can't even ask a question, there is only FAQ there and none of them answer my problem. Thank you in advance.
I had a similar experience with Endless Dungeon. I bought regular edition, wanted to upgrade to ultimate (or similar), but there were no option to buy upgrade pack, only buy new ultimate edition game. Since I already owned a game - I could buy another version as a gift, but could not activate it for myself. I wrote to support and explained my situation. They removed the game from my library without returning any funds to me so that I could activate the ultimate edition of the game I had in my inventory. You could try the same thing - just ask them to remove the game from your libarary without refund. That should work.

RE:

Sorry for edits. I remembered how exactly I did it (I bought another version of the game as a gift and had it in my inventory before I asked to remove regular edition from my library). I thought it's important to clarify that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
It is possible but it's not very convenient. But I would like to give you a good start.Thought that maybe someone knows something.

Last edited:

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
We've already made some adjustments (reduced the SP gain in the second half of the game) and increased some late game enemies' skills, but I'm not sure it's enough. The main issue is the solo run. You get 4x SP compared to a full party run plus you have the benefit of higher stats (both because you don't have to spend them on CHA and because you get 2 extra stats). So if you survive the early fights (which aren't that difficult) you end up having high offense, defense, crafting, and alchemy. Thinking of reducing the solo run to x2 rather than x4.

If you want to make solo a challenge, just gimp it completely a la Geneforge 5.

Then there is no point in not investing into henchman because so much free stats (and turns!) all for the low low investment of CHA.

Or maybe we will just run 2 characters instead for no SP penalty yet closest to solo run. Metagaming, metagaming never changes.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane

Bros, I've got a Steam related question. I would like to buy a copy myself so that I could write a Steam review that would count and not be marked as "product received for free". How do I go about it?
Noo, don't reduce the SP gain for the solo mode, that sounds like something Sawyer would do. Bad idea. The way I see it it is a well deserved reward for playing alone. You should find something more fair to balance it with. It makes sense to get all the SP since you're alone, what you are proposing is a patch that overrides the game systems in order to fix a small issue that occurs when the game works as intended and the player can take advantage of it if he's good enough and that I find really unfair and frustrating in other games. Better make the game overall more difficult for everybody in some reasonable way within the rules of the system and common sense.

PrettyDeadman

It is possible but it's not very convenient. But I would like to give you a good start.Thought that maybe someone knows something.

Take into account that it says that if you repurchase you will recieve the same cd-key. You should probably buy another copy as a gift just in case before you ask them to delete the game from your libraryu (to make sure that it's going to be a different CD once you activate it).

If you have any problems you could send your review text to me and I'll publish it from my account.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom