Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dungeon Siege 3 Hands-On Preview

Sannom

Augur
Commissar Draco said:
MetalCraze said:
What else do you need to know about this upcoming piece of shit?

I want to know if inovative and awesone dialogue system from AP will be implemented. ;)

Sadly, no. First because I think their budget for that game didn't include the animation necessary for a system like AP's. Second, because of the coop stuff where your buddies can indicate their favorite response even if the main player still has the final word on it : it wouldn't work well with a timer!

Cynic

Arcane
This game looks great. I will smash through it with my gf, we will have epic fights over loot and it will be awesome. We been wanting a new Dark Alliance for ages. Heaps of this shit coming out this year, DS3, LotR War in the North, Dagger Dale...it will probably all be shit except for this but who cares.

Respect to a proper nerded out lead designer not some wanna be politician courting the WE WANT MOAR AWESUM fuckers. I want hardcore lip quivering nerds making my games, not douchebags who want to be friends with jocks. At least this is a PROPER Action Rpg, not some bullshit hybrid that doesn't work at either style of game. Engine looks fantastic also. Obsidian ftw.

Also, how can you dis this woman she is hot and you would fuck her so shut the fuck up, so what if her voice could burn a hole in your brain, you wouldn't need it after you came all over her face now would you? Fuck.

Cynic

Arcane
AlaCarcuss said:
Jaesun said:
To be honest, this looks more enjoyable: Grim Dawn Pre-Alpha: Combat First Look

Ooh yes, had my eye on this for a while. From the same dudes that made Titan Quest. Looks like a pretty nice engine they've got there. Don't expect it for at least a year though and it would suck for them if comes out near to or after D3.

Yeah the setting for that game looks sweet. But yeah, pre alpha means it ain't launching for a while, and I think if you're not in before D3 or well after, you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot in this genre. But besides the marketing crap, the game looks good.

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
Looks good to play with a bro, at least. That is if the co-op doesn't force you to make a character with random stats and items as the interview would imply.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
At least working on an already shitty 2nd class franchise means it can't get any worse due to Obshitians incompetence.

Cynic

Arcane
Jaesun said:
To be honest, this looks more enjoyable: Grim Dawn Pre-Alpha: Combat First Look

Just read the about page on their site. Nice.

Grim Dawn is an action role-playing game intended for digital distribution on the PC. It is being developed by veterans of Iron Lore entertainment, the makers of Titan Quest. Grim Dawn is being built with Crate's own improved version of the Iron Lore engine and toolset; the same technology used to create Titan Quest. As a spiritual successor, Grim Dawn will attempt to better perfect the magical formula of exploration, character advancement, and loot collection pioneered by Diablo.

Players will be thrust into the dark, war-torn world of Cairn where a once proud empire has been brought to ruin and the human race driven to the edge of extinction. Cairn has become ground zero of an eternal war between two otherworldly powers, one seeking to use human bodies as a resource, the other intent upon destroying the human race before that can happen. This cataclysmic war has not only decimated human civilization but is warping the very fabric of reality and, in its wake, giving life to new horrors.

For humankind it is the dawn of a grim new age where iron has replaced gold as currency and the importance of salt as a weapon makes it far too valuable to waste on food. Small enclaves of human survivors exist scattered throughout the world, holed up in hidden refuges. These humans have quietly watched the warring invaders destroy one another and have become wise to the strengths and vulnerabilities of their otherworldly foes. A few survivors have begun to exhibit strange new abilities after surviving possession or exposure to the warp. These unnatural powers are feared by some but give many new hope of launching a resistance to fight the "outsiders" and reclaim what's left of their world.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
These people know that salt is essential to human organisms, right? Using it on food is certainly not a waste if you want to continue being alive.,

Cynic

Arcane
There was a time in human history where salt so hard to come by that it was a very precious thing. Maybe it's something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom