Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Siege III Delayed Three Weeks

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Siege III; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><strong>Dungeon Siege III</strong> is receiving a bit more final polishing, hence it suffers a moderate 3 week release delay.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Square Enix updates Dungeon Siege III street date to 17th June, 2011</strong><br /><br />Square Enix announced today that the launch date for Dungeon Siege&reg; III in Europe and other PAL territories is now 17th June, 2011. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Inc., and shipping for the Xbox 360&reg; video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation&reg;3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC, Dungeon Siege III blends a robust RPG system, an endless variety of loot and a compelling storyline with intuitive action gameplay.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/102288-dungeon-siege-iii-delayed-three-weeks.html">GB</a></p>

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Does this mean there's a chance that an Obsidian game may release thats playable without a ton of bugs?

Coboney said:
Does this mean there's a chance that an Obsidian game may release thats playable without a ton of bugs?

I've liked quite a few of Obsidian's games, and even I'd admit that I'm fairly happy if they arrive with only marginally more bugs than 'A Bug's Life: the Game'.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Coboney said:

It has been delayed 3 weeks, not 3 years.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It is truly sad that Obsidian is the only developer in the entire world that releases buggy games....

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With this and the many problems Human Revolution has been having I'm wondering if Square Enix is exasperated with the total ineptitude of western "RPG" developers. It'd be grand if both failed to meet expectations and they gracefully and quietly bowed out of the genre.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I tried playing Diablo several times over the years and gave up but I actually got through Dungeon Siege 2. Probably because I was drinking a lot of beer and had no internet connection.

Why anyone would look forward to this as more than a desperate diversion, I'm don't know.

I'm sure previously sharing a release window with the Witcher 2 didn't influence the decision to delay it.

CreamyBlood said:
Why anyone would look forward to this as more than a desperate diversion, I'm don't know.

MCA smegma addiction.

Jaesun said:
For example?
MOTB, NV ring a bell? The trend of him getting most of the praise for other people's work is even mocked in the codex' latest year in review. Hopefully I won't have to explain that no, writing a couple of characters is not enough to be credited as the man behind the game.

He's turned into some sort of anti-Gaider, with Gaider getting blamed for all that's bad in any game he touches - even if it had nothing to do with his work- and MCA getting praised for anything that's good in his games, even if he had little to do with them.

IronicNeurotic said:
George Ziets has fanboys too.
I haven't seen them, not bothered by cocksucking if it goes on behind closed doors.

Lumpy

Arcane
DragoFireheart said:
Jaesun said:
It is truly sad that Obsidian is the only developer in the entire world that releases buggy games....

4/10

Wait is CrunchyHemorrhoids Prosper? Because what the fuck, he sounds sane here.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just wish Saint was still here, and could tell us all about his favorite game of all time Dungeon Siege, as well as what he would hope is in Dungeon Siege III. *sigh*

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
IronicNeurotic said:
George Ziets has fanboys too.
I haven't seen them, not bothered by cocksucking if it goes on behind closed doors.

There are quite a few openly on the codex and in other places.

Actually the name George Ziets does the same thing. People actually credit Mask of the Betrayer only to him and leave Kevin Saunders completly out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom