Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons 3

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Look at unit design and style. Look at D2 workers for Demons and compare them to undead units in WCIII. Or at Gargoyles, spider stuff with web, shades... Look at playstyle including teleporting back to base. At minimum they inspired themselves from Blizzard games.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
-So, traps are not necessary and portal spell is easy to get no matter which tree you upgrade; This is the opposite of what u said.
I never said that traps are necessary. You just chose to play without them, which is perfectly doable - just by far not the most efficient thing to do. Traps basically allow you to focus a lot more on the overworld.
Without traps, you are constantly hovering between the two worlds. Which, again, is doable, but simply harder. Or forcing you to divide your forces between overworld and dungeon. A small force can take care of anything thrown at your dungeon in the campaign, though, so... yeah. The campaign is super easy.
Still don't see where this contradicts what I said.

-Every race has his strenghts and there are no timers, this mean you can take your time upgrading all of them for the best output. I don't see the problem, the game isn't forcing you to follow only one path.
And I never claimed that the game forces you to follow only one path.
I wrote the opposite, in fact.

-The game is on the light side of management, just like the prevous ones. I don't get this "surprise"
I am not surprised about that. Not sure where you got that.

What I said is that focusing on just one path means limiting yourself extremely. If you do that, you either don't get any traps (which most people WILL want, this is a dungeon after all and dungeons have traps FFS!) or you don't get any spells, or you don't get traps NOR spells.
Therefore, as you said yourself, mixing from all paths is the best thing to do, even if you might decide to put the main focus on one of them.

And what I said is that I found it much better with actually different races, that made the dungeons look and feel different, gave you very different tools and all of them were viable on their own.
They wouldn't even have had to produce any completely new assets for that since it was all done already in Dungeons 2. It just confuses me they removed so much stuff from the game.

Look at unit design and style. Look at D2 workers for Demons and compare them to undead units in WCIII. Or at Gargoyles, spider stuff with web, shades... Look at playstyle including teleporting back to base. At minimum they inspired themselves from Blizzard games.
The Dungeons games are walking memes and references to other games. But I see no gameplay similarity here. No more than between any two RTS games, anyway.

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister
it's really fun but pretty repetitive, expecially if u already played Dungeons 2. Cool game anwyay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom