Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dwarf Fortress now on Steam with a graphical overhaul

GrainWetski

Arcane
Would tranny dwarves mutilate their own genitals? Attempt to install new prosthetic genitalia?
In it's current state DF doesn't really simulate genitals.
At least we now know what they'll be spending their next few years working on.

Wonder if they'll be too SJW to be autistic enough to make 60% of the tranny dwarves kill themselves.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
220px-Tarn_Adams.jpg

Make a great game with the worst UI in the history of PC games. Struggle to pay your bills.

A literal Chad makes a poor imitation of it, but with a working UI and makes a mountain of gold.

6NYi0qF.png

:negative:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You know what is funny.

I got banned (permanently) from bay12 forums more than a decade ago for posting this (paraphrasing).

"I really hope that donations will stop coming in, because that is the only way toady will ever get a focus and fix the user interface"

Before that I had perfectly legit posting history, no shit-posting, generally being helpful and constructive. Bang. Permanently banned for "trolling".

I guess I got the last laugh in the end.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
asfasdf what i meant was breeding and genitals are somewhat simplistic, basically male dwarfs have "geldable" tag (sorta genitals, can sometimes be removed by an attack, but is not an actual body part, more of a feature of lower body), and females do not have any special organs or tags that correspond to pregnancy. So the most that can be achieved now is MtF dwarfs gelding themselves.

Makabb tilesets are already available for DF, and have been for a while. Decent tileset plus TWBT mode is almost exactly what steam release will have. So you can play now, rather than wait.

Perkel

Arcane
Makabb tilesets are already available for DF, and have been for a while. Decent tileset plus TWBT mode is almost exactly what steam release will have. So you can play now, rather than wait.

They will be using different sizes for tilesets and DF will get graphical internal overhaul to support that.
Dragons will no longer be size of dwarf graphically.

There was such a plugin already made by community but no tilesets were made using that outside of examples.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Dragons wont get that much bigger tho, their sprite will just be slightly bigger than the actual tile, partially overlapping with surrounding tiles, not representing their ingame size or mass (416 times the size of a dwarf, that would require a massive systems rework, to represent it with tiles creature occupies). Screenshots from steam show that beak dog is the same size as a dwarf, even though it's actually almost 3 times the size of an adult dwarf. Plus Makabb was writing about ASCII, and that's not a problem for a while now.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Well it's the first time i will try DF i guess, ASCII graphics was too much autism for me.
Download Lazy Noob Pack. Choose tileset and play today.

It also comes with a handy utility to manage your dwarves that partially alleviates the shitty game UI. Key word is partially, it still largely ranges from annoying to gauge-your-eyes-out bad.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Well it's the first time i will try DF i guess, ASCII graphics was too much autism for me.
Download Lazy Noob Pack. Choose tileset and play today.

It also comes with a handy utility to manage your dwarves that partially alleviates the shitty game UI. Key word is partially, it still largely ranges from annoying to gauge-your-eyes-out bad.

the new graphics look better than the packs though, i'll just wait for the steam version at this point.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Why? It's ugly as fuck and the controls would be a nightmare. And it will require anyone wanting to add shit to the game to make 3D models, and no one wants that. And nevermind the non-trivial task of building a real time 3D engine for the game in the first place (the above util just renders a single frame and can take as long as it needs). Tasteful 2D sprites would be much better.

Norfleet

Considering the relatively low tile-based resolution of the game, rendering it in real-time wouldn't actually be that horrific. Each spot would just be low-poly block of some kind.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Toady removed a fairly large thread on the Steam forum criticizing the trans-thing. Here I thought he was a let live old school kind of guy, and then I read Haba anecdote and him blocking people on Twitter and such. Just disappointing.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah Armok Vision guy is pretty fucking good. One day dude will visualize properly whole game.
That entity generator while crude shows a lot of potential.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Toady removed a fairly large thread on the Steam forum criticizing the trans-thing. Here I thought he was a let live old school kind of guy, and then I read Haba anecdote and him blocking people on Twitter and such. Just disappointing.
Indeed.
I was about to actually spend money on this, but I'm not going to support a developer I now know is such a weak personality.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
DF was incloooosive for a while, what with gay and asexual dorfs. The fact that Toady is OK with the idea of trans dorfs is not really surprising, and wont make DF a lesser experience.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DF was incloooosive for a while, what with gay and asexual dorfs. The fact that Toady is OK with the idea of trans dorfs is not really surprising, and wont make DF a lesser experience.

I have no actual problems with that. But starting to yap about pronouns and other stuff like that, and then go full block mode when people criticize it - that is what I have problem with.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Now this is more like it

khxxvlgdmun21.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom