Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Dying Light 2 - zombie survival with choice & consequence designed by Chris Avellone

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by zombietoads, Jun 10, 2018.

1. cretin Educated

cretin
    its great. I avoided it for years because like most of you i thought it was going to be retarded trash. I finally got it on sale and it ended up being my most played AAA title in a long time, i got 104 hours of it and its expansion, and at least 90 of those were fun.

• incline x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    so... does this timer displayed in trailer means that play through is going to be limited and you will be encouraged to restart to check different paths aod style?

^ Top  
  3. soulburner Savant

soulburner
    The trailer doesn't look good, but I'm waiting to play this game - I liked the first one, and this one moving more into the RPG area and with Chris Avellone, it's a must buy. However, I do not like the idea of time running out. I hope this is resolved quickly within the game, because I refuse to play anything that forces me to rush.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Nifft Batuff Learned

Nifft Batuff
    Where are the zombies?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Your name checks out.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. toro Arcane

toro
    They were replaced by clowns.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 5
    ^ Top  
  7. hpstg Learned

hpstg
    They killed themselves by launching around Cyberpunk 2077.

• incline incline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. cretin Educated

cretin
    wow thats a funny one! haha! :roll:

faggot

• Funny Funny x 5
    • butthurt butthurt x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Sensitive new-fag, are we? You'll want to head back to neogaf.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    • Shit Shit x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mexi
    Okay, Dying Light has a lot of fucking potential. Game is fun as hell. Storyline is pure ass, and the voice acting is horrible. The parkour thing irks me, though. Feels like edgy-teen shit. They need to remove all the fucking teens, but overall, it's really good. I had to run away from that huge, sledge-hammer wielding zombie instead of staying to fight him. Not sure if you could kill him or not, but I took two swings that did nothing, and I said fuck it. Tricked him into a corner and finished the mission.

World feels very lonely. They need to bring in some NPCs to make it feel more lively. Chris Avellone's writing would make this 100x's times better. I'd love it if they make a silent protagonist (probably not going to happen) with lots of dialogue options.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    The first game had potential. Hopefully MCA writing for the second improves on that potential. A lot of missed opportunities and shitty QTEs and itemization in the first game made it mediocre at best. Dunno how anyone could sink 100+ hours into it.

And yes, the world was mostly empty and dead to the extent that I skipped a ton of side missions because they were Ubi-like in nature. If the sequel pulls off the choice-and-consequence stuff and has the world react/change based on what you do then we could have a KWA-lity game.

^ Top  
  13. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Fuck,just watched the E3 trailer and looks like modern political garbage.:roll:

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Nifft Batuff Learned

Nifft Batuff
    Oh my Cod! This is even more scarier!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. CyberModuled Educated

CyberModuled
    Considering the lack of time sensitivity in the original game where there were a lot of points in the story that came off like it was an urgent matter but then you could dick around in the open world without concern, I'm just going to assume the wristband timer going down is based on main plot progression than a timed one. It would be neat if there was an option for a timed campaign mode like Dead Rising though (and Techland sure loved their extra game options via post patches for DL1 so we'll see).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. hpstg Learned

hpstg
    In contrast to the imaginary post-zombie one, where they of course would be completely different.

Even the political garbage was given in a terrible way though. Truly an atrocious trailer.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Squadcar Learned

Squadcar
    The only good part of Dying Light one was running around and stomping zombies. Got halfway through the story and lost interest. The crafting was crafting that's for sure. I guess it was better than Dead Island though in about every way. I spent more time running around architecture and dropping onto zombies than I did worrying about what was going on. Didn't bother with DLC, seemed like too much.

^ Top  
  18. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mexi
    I guess I know why it wasn't as well received. It feels like an experimental game more than anything. The gameplay is really fun, but it gets so damn repetitive. The game is purely a go here, do this game. Every damn quest feels the same. I'm playing on hard mode, and the enemies are a fucking pain in the ass. They take so many shots to down.

The world is really boring. It's all same-y. Feels exactly like RE: 5's village, and it was boring exploring it because all the shacks look the same. It's becoming a bit of a chore to finish. The concept is great, though. Night is pretty fucking boss, especially when you're running away from those fast zombies. Hell, the fast zombies during the day are a bitch too. If you're facing more than 2, you are fucked--end of.

Going to try to finish because Avellone is like my all time favorite developer, so they at least sold one game having him come into their studio.

One more thing, this game takes a pretty solid system to run. I have to overclock my rig to not get crashes. I'm on max settings, though. The graphics are beautiful when you are on top of the roof looking around the city, but when you are deep in running mode on ground level, it's just a bunch of brown.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• incline incline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    OMG BIG HUUUUUUGE CITY! If it's just empty space then who cares? Smaller with more in-depth content would be better.

^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 2
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-wipe-out-entire-settlements-in-dying-light-2

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ViolentOpposition Arcane

ViolentOpposition
    It is impossible to totally avoid combat in Dying Light 2.

:troll:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    They make MCA hold his water bottle the whole time like some kind of waterboy. Very amateurish setup.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)