Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Dying Light 2 - zombie survival with choice & consequence designed by Chris Avellone

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by zombietoads, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...ur-dying-light-2-city-and-im-sold-e3-preview/

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

https://www.pcgamer.com/dying-light...-choices-will-be-hell-for-indecisive-players/

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    this game will be more of an RPG than cyberpunk 2077

• FAKE NEWS x 3
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Maybe not an RPG, but it might have more gameplay.

• Funny x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    More Avellone:

• incline incline x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. hpstg Learned

hpstg
    What if this is the Avellone RPG that was promised.

^ Top  
  7. moleman Learned Patron

moleman
    WTF!! The grappling hook was most retarded thing in Dying Light 1. It made the game way too easy, since you could just "batman" your way through the city.
    The plot was okay. The game felt a bit like a John Carpenter movie with zombies. A large part of this came from the soundtrack which had a strong Carpenter vibe to it, which was great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. cretin Educated

cretin
    I'm calling bullshit on the extent of the changes that will hide content from players. No company wastes all that time making assets that half the players arent ever going to see. Which leads me to make a point about how games that are very long dont typically invite replays. Sure you could, but you probably wont want to.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Design/development interview with lead designer: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/345394/Building_interesting_emergence_in_Dying_Light_2.php

Praise be to MCA, "master of master of nonlinear narratives."

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. toro Arcane

toro
    This game will be a disappointment in the narrative department.

When you need so many words and interviews in order to present the idea of limited C&C then you know something is not right.

They are not confident about it and they are convincing themselves and the audience that whatever they implemented is good enough.

However I hope I'm wrong and they managed to deliver on "everything you do has a consequence".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Ash Arcane

Ash
    Fuck the gameplay looks even better than the first. Not sold on "the master" coming along and providing a great narrative, but he's bound to at least make an improvement over the original. There's no way he can fail to do that.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://wccftech.com/dying-light-2-interview-e3-2019/

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. RaptorRex888 Educated

RaptorRex888
    Nice, the gameplay from the first game was great, especially the parkour but the story was hot garbage. So if both can be good in the sequel I'll enjoy it.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...corporate-studio-we-still-get-crazy-sometimes

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)