Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dynasty Warriors 7

anus_pounder

Arcane
So, how many people are looking forward to it? I'm not waiting for DW7, but rather for the empires expansion. Even though I say that Empires 6 was inferior to 5.

4th Faction, Jin, is also being introduced. Thats great news, one more faction with which I can kick some wu ass. :thumbsup:

BirdsCanFly

Educated
If they release it on PC I'd buy it.

Otherwise I'm not impressed, since I don't own shitty consoles.

Topher

Cipher
I actually really loved Dynasty Warriors 4 but I've never owned a PlayStation so I've never been able to play any of the Empires games.

anus_pounder

Arcane
BirdsCanFly said:

DW4 and 6 came out on the PC. I've checked a few sites and they don't have a PC section for it though. :?
This is troubling, as I do want to try out the new characters, but would rather not have to pay for the game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I follow the Warriors games now and then and it sounds like DW7 was neutered. Remember how in the more recent games you have bases to capture and supply lines and etc? None of that in DW7. I think I remember someone saying that the bases are just buildings for you to find Guard Captains, and that's it. Shame.

On the other hand I started DW6E a few weeks ago and it's fun. Ruler-wise yeah I think I remember DW5E being more complex. However, Officer mode is fun, and IIRC DW5E didn't have the supply lines that are on the DW6E maps.

Now on that note I heard SW2E has all of the above (except for Officer mode) but also with tactics and formations to choose before battles, so I'll probably hit that up next.

Black Cat

Magister
anus_pounder said:
4th Faction, Jin, is also being introduced. Thats great news, one more faction with which I can kick some wu ass. :thumbsup:

But, like, really, Jin? Bloody Jin? The faction in the books gets not a single actual badass, given the age of badasses had already mostly come to an end by then? Meh. And they totally ruined Zhen Ji. A femme fatale, now? Really? Zhen Ji? And her clothes, man! Go fuck a cow, Koei. :( I like the Jin girl's style and clothes, though, which is cool given other than the new Da Qiao and her all the girls look like, uhm, ladies of easy virtue.

Even Yueying.

:retarded:

But really, most of the new characters, or new characters for me at least, given I did just play two or three of the older games, are either third rate characters in the books or completely made up. :? Dynasty Warriors has gone so far the Romance of the Three Kingdoms? What's that? route they should just add a Water Margin faction, switch the name to Badasses of Ancient China, and be done with it. That would be awesome.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well they do have a spin-off series where history is thrown right out of the whole thing and instead some demon god douchebag causes a cross-over between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors.

Though what I really wish they'd do is make a Warriors version of Operation Europe. Hitler making a Musou attack against Stalin would be the most awesome shit ever.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Man fuck it. I should really just man up and play Kingdom Under Fire (I think the second one, which is compatible with the 360). Been scared of trying to learn how to RTS on a console without a mouse but oh well.

There's also the Warriors: Legends of Troy that just came out. Getting kinda crappy reviews, but from the first hand impressions I've read it and some user Youtube videos, it looks like somewhat of an improvement (e.g. a group of spearmen will lunge at you as a group). Unfortunately, I will probably never play this game because Koei decided to fucking cancel the 360 version in the US. Why? I dunno. Europe gets it, so it's not an issue of translation. Fucking fuck.

Besides that, there's also the Dynasty Warriors Gundam series. I've been playing the second one on and off and it's 100x better combat-wise than the others, simply because you have a lot more mobility with the thrusters, dashing around and shit.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I played some Dynasty Warriors back in the day. I wish I could play Empires 5 or 6. No PC? :(

Captain Shrek

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Well they do have a spin-off series where history is thrown right out of the whole thing and instead some demon god douchebag causes a cross-over between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors.

Though what I really wish they'd do is make a Warriors version of Operation Europe. Hitler making a Musou attack against Stalin would be the most awesome shit ever.

Die Nasty Warriors!!!!11!!one!!! would be the title.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Actually... I wonder if there's a Mount & Blade mod that gives you a full battlefield with multiple objectives.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Havoc said:
I played some Dynasty Warriors back in the day. I wish I could play Empires 5 or 6. No PC? :(
Samurai Warriors 2 and its Empires version are the best games in the Warriors subgenre. DW5 Empires and DW6 Empires had a lot of nice little things (DW5E had expanded alignment mechanics and more cutscenes with your characters in them, but DW6E had your main character's BROS & HO as well as a wandering officer mode among a lot of little thing), but Samurai Warriors 2 Empires just strikes the best balance of features implemented among all of the games, as well as best gameplay.

Also, just saying, you really miss the whole alignment thing from DW5E when it's gone. It was nice that you could usurp the throne and do various acts of douchebaggery. In DW6E all you got left of that was the choice on whether or not you wanted to take the imperial throne.

However, what would Hitler's Musou attack look like? This is an important question that merits thought.

Heresiarch

Prophet
I'm waiting for the hentai doujinshi's for the new female characters. They're all fucking hot.

Topher

Cipher
anus_pounder said:
BirdsCanFly said:

DW4 and 6 came out on the PC. I've checked a few sites and they don't have a PC section for it though. :?
This is troubling, as I do want to try out the new characters, but would rather not have to pay for the game.
\

DW4 came out for PC? Sweet. I need to track that down.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Havoc said:

6 vanilla is for the PC.

Yes, DW4 was released on the PC. Good luck finding it though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom