Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime E3 2013 June 10-13th

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
So did they actually announce/show any games that seem worth playing this year?
Potentially fun games:
Panzer Dragoon game (PD:Orta for xbox is the only on-rails game I've ever really enjoyed)
South Park.

That's a short list :<

Xi

Arcane

Doesn't look like it. At least nothing that's making me want to buy a PS4 on release. Eventually I'll get one, but it's gonna need a good game.

Deep Down looks intriguing, but not enough is known - and there's no eta.

SearchEngine

Learned

Bayonetta 2
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Dragon's Crown
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

I would say Crimson Dragon and Dead Rising 3 if they weren't on Xbone...

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The first two of those games weren't announced at E3.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The biggest announcement was the confirmation of romances in Saints Row 4. Gonna get my drink on and my smoke on then go home with something to poke on (in the game of course).

Also https://t.co/X0Msrtsc1Y (this was also my reaction to Project Eternity but replace Tom Clancy with you-know-who)

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
The biggest announcement was the confirmation of romances in Saints Row 4. Gonna get my drink on and my smoke on then go home with something to poke on (in the game of course).

Also https://t.co/X0Msrtsc1Y (this was also my reaction to Project Eternity but replace Tom Clancy with you-know-who)
Biggest announcement? I didn't know you were into this stuff. How do you play romances anyway(quotes of Josh plz)?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Biggest announcement? I didn't know you were into this stuff. How do you play romances anyway(quotes of Josh plz)?
I just think it's funny how Steve Jaros's friendship with Dave and Mike has likely led the game down this dark path that will no doubt create much forum angst. Especially if there's thuggin' love.

Brinko

Arcane
Well I hope to see the comedic sexual encounter between the Boss and druggie Shaundi they brought back. Complete with pixelation and unfunny big purple dicks.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
ihategameplaygou92.gif

I'll stick with Team Gaben.
And I'll will enjoy both sides.

HERETIC

FUCKING SCUM

I WILL RAPE YOU IF I GET THE CHANCE

deuxhero

Arcane

I really wouldn't have a big deal with them (though would still be less than interested in the game itself), if they made it work like the San Andreas GFs (people you can fuck for bonuses they can provide you) without the tediousness and avoided making them all bisexual.

deuxhero

Arcane
Only Dead Space and Mass Effect were for both the passable first game and horrible second, and even then, ME was only published by EA while Bioware was owned by EA for 2.

Dexter

Arcane
There's a bunch of stage shows that should be over by now with game developers introducing and talking about their games

http://www.ign.com/events/e3 (click on "Show Archive" top left)
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ (click on the single "Stage1/Stage2" shows)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWnpHOQXsPDvkhaVsuEydVguE37dVzYnN

There wasn't anything that particularly impressed me, there was a lot that de-pressed me though.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I still can not believe people are defending M$ and their xboner. I guess if people are still eager to get filmed being raped over the internet they can go ahead and pay for the privilege.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/why-ryse-is-the-most-frustrating-game-of-e3/

I’m on the battlefield. I’m stomping through the corpses of my comrades swinging my sword at anything that moves. I begin a combo, I slash twice and then whooom slow motion is initiated, shit is about to get ‘cinematic’. A button prompt hovers elusively above the sword I’m about to drive into the throat of my enemy… argh I’m too slow! The prompt flickers, disappears.

I missed it. Damn.

But then somehow, for some reason, I still complete the cinematic ‘kill’.

What?

Maybe it’s a bug I think, but no. Next time I deliberately press the wrong button. The kill goes ahead, no consequences. Then I try hitting no buttons whatsoever. The kill goes ahead. I put the controller on the table in front of me, the kill goes ahead.

What is going on here?

I ask one of the Crytek people hovering at the booth – is this a bug? Why am I completing kills when I hit the wrong button prompt? Or, worse, no button at all. Turns out it was a deliberate design choice.

“We don’t want the player to feel frustrated,” I am told.

:nocountryforshitposters:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just think it's funny how Steve Jaros's friendship with Dave and Mike has likely led the game down this dark path that will no doubt create much forum angst. Especially if there's thuggin' love.
It's gonna be Hot Coffee Mod once again and you know it.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/why-ryse-is-the-most-frustrating-game-of-e3/

I’m on the battlefield. I’m stomping through the corpses of my comrades swinging my sword at anything that moves. I begin a combo, I slash twice and then whooom slow motion is initiated, shit is about to get ‘cinematic’. A button prompt hovers elusively above the sword I’m about to drive into the throat of my enemy… argh I’m too slow! The prompt flickers, disappears.

I missed it. Damn.

But then somehow, for some reason, I still complete the cinematic ‘kill’.

What?

Maybe it’s a bug I think, but no. Next time I deliberately press the wrong button. The kill goes ahead, no consequences. Then I try hitting no buttons whatsoever. The kill goes ahead. I put the controller on the table in front of me, the kill goes ahead.

What is going on here?

I ask one of the Crytek people hovering at the booth – is this a bug? Why am I completing kills when I hit the wrong button prompt? Or, worse, no button at all. Turns out it was a deliberate design choice.

“We don’t want the player to feel frustrated,” I am told.

:nocountryforshitposters:
I can no longer distinguish between real gaming news and parody.

AWESOME BUTTON 2.0 - YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE TO PRESS IT

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Ryse is an XBone exclusive, right? Wonder what CryTek are going to blame its failure on, in the complete absence of piracy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom