Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News E3 2013 Trailers: Witcher 3, Dark Souls 2, Dragon Age 3, South Park

odrzut

Arcane
They promised grid inventory on PC for TW3. So that's at least one thing that will be less consolized.

The interface was godawful and it was clearly designed for consoles.

The in-game interface (bars, indicators, circular menu, etc) was mostly nice.
The inventory and other menus on the other hand were goddamn awful regardless of what platform you take as reference.
It's not like putting it on consoles would make anyone say "Oh god, this is so neat with a gamepad!". No, it was just a terrible inventory system, period.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
TW3 I am not a fan of open world games generally so I am fapping cautiously

DS II Er,I haven't played any DS game so I will just say that the music in tha t trailer sucks big time

DA3 Looks like the usual crap Bioware produces these days,Morrigan looks really weird this time

South Park I am actually looking forward to this one :bounce:

Bonus
Looking forward to Twitcher 3 and South Park.

And

MIRROR EDGE 2, BITCHES!

YEEHAAA!!

:bounce:

Black_Willow

Arcane
LOL @ POTATO TWICHER
LOL @ JAPFAG DERP SOULS
LOL @ <some slur for Canadians> FAGGOT AGE
LOL @ KWAN SHIT PARK
LOLOLOLLLOOLO

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Dark Souls II is the only game I look forward to. The trailer did its job perfectly for me as it showed that they continue on the same formula, and that's all I needed to see. If the PC port is decent, then... (never thought I'd say that)

DAY ONE PURCHASE, BITCHES !

:morgoth:

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
one word..at least for Thief 4: "Headshot"

i think this covers it pretty much..yeap..

i wish we had a "grave/tomb" emoticon,meme,whatever you call them

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Maybe the game is actually called The Wild Hunt because Geralt forceably morphs into a wolf every night. Can't wait to viscerally chase down mailmen couriers. :troll:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Witcher 3 getting more praise than Dark Souls 2, paging Crooked Bee to combat this perversion.

Eh, do you have any source on that? Was the parent company in trouble, or was it just CDP Red? I'd be surprised if their publishing/distribution business would collapse so easily.

The failure of the Witcher 1 console port nearly killed them.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/for...quot-Pirates-are-underserved-customers-quot-)

Besides, what I learned in the industry during the last 20 years, si that you really have to choose what the company should focus on. True, from geographical point of view we're interested in markets all over the world. But let us do what we know. Don't try to spread ourselves too thin.

In our company, the situation always was very many ideas, too little manpower. This has changed. I mean we still have very many ideas, but we focus in a narrow area - where we really can be the best in the world.

We learned this painful lesson in 2007-08, when we were open on very many fronts. We had a joint stock company in Hungary, in Czech Republic, a game porting company, shares in a polish game developer Metropolis Software, we co-produced the first "Witcher" for consoles in France. All this I mentioned, except the first joint stock company, ended with a spectacular fall on the face. And despite a gigantic effort. I never worked harder in my life - 15-20 hours per day, and the effect was we nearly went bankrupt.

Now we work on business development all the time, we are looking for new directions, but nothing forced. We don't have to grow at lightning speed, to immediately become the biggest in the world. We have to make very good games. And have satisfied gamers on the whole world, who want to buy them.

How much money did you lose in these failed projects ?

- Over 20 million. Of course, gradually. At first we were saying: "No, we don't cut that. Let us re-structure that." And we re-structured the 2nd, 5th time. At some point one asks a question: does what we're doing make sense ? If there's a new plan, nice people, everyone is trying hard and nothing comes out, then maybe this business (strategy) is simply nonsense ?

And you have to pull out relatively soon, close the matter. Sell it ! Whatever.

When we're about to release a new game - and it can last a year, a year and a half - everyone goes aboard. And there's always too little manpower. And if in this time key people are doing 3 other things, they spend proportionally less time for this one most important thing, which powers us. And this is precisely what we have to choose and focus on.

Allright then. At the very least Act 3 of Witcher 2 feels super rushed, in terms of the amount of content.

I'm kinda curious how CDPR are going to make an open-world game. I consider the first two Witchers primarily storyfag games, so I wonder how their narrative is going to work when they can't neatly parcel it into Acts. I hope the general vibe is going to be similar to the Lakeside in Witcher 1, I really liked that part.

I hope that the general feeling is going to be closer to Gothic/Risen, actually.
They are already taking all the most interesting hints from that formula (climbing/jumping/stealing, the option to kill/spare human opponents, etc) and the two lead quest designers claimed explicitly to be big Gothic fans.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I hope that the general feeling is going to be closer to Gothic/Risen, actually.
They are already taking all the most interesting hints from that formula (climbing/jumping/stealing, the option to kill/spare human opponents, etc) and the two lead quest designers claimed explicitly to be big Gothic fans.

I think it's more or less the same thing, where quests are primarily local, and form a location-specific narrative, with some overarching plot threads visited here and there. As opposed to TES games, where you frequently need to travel across half the world to get to a quest location.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looking forward to Twitcher 3 and South Park.

And

MIRROR'S EDGE 2, BITCHES!

YEEHAAA!!

Mirrors Edge was a mixed bag, but in concept it was great. And so much fun. Only not really.

I really hope the sequel will address all the flaws. But why is this trailer composed exclusively of combat and corridors?

Delterius

Arcane
I really hope the sequel will address all the flaws. But why is this trailer composed exclusively of combat and corridors?

Parkour is very much last gen.

But, really, in my experience trailers are often about hyping things familiar to the entirety of the gaming audience. It may sound strange and counterproductive, especially for a estabilished franchise such as Mirror's Edge, but it totally isn't in the mystical heads of the Marketing department.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not one of these games shown gets me even close to excited or mildly interested. Now the upcoming Kickstarter games on the other hand... ;) Seriously, my excitement for SR, W2, Antharion, Quest for Infamy far and away trumps these mega million, CGI trailer, hype-infested glam shows. But again I'm not their target audience... :kingcomrade:

Rake

Arcane
I don't know... i'll give SP a chance. The rest,no.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom