Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime E3 2014 - June 10-12th - CONCLUDED

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

Which developer will make the biggest splash at E3?

• Total voters

grudgebringer

Zelda: Legend of Skyrim

LOL
An open world sandbox Zelda game, just what I have always wanted.

Just make a top down 2D Zelda game again, fags

A Link Between Worlds pretty much resembles a 2D top-down zelda experience.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I tend to agree with him, especially if you have a PC and can play all of the multiplats that way.

The Fish

Arcane
IMO, you are obliged to defend it having such an outlandish opinion.

It's only outlandish among Codex try-hards. :M

I imagine anyone who's ever played a decent (read: PC) fps would likely share the opinion that Far Cry 3 is shit. It's not a genre designed for consoles. What you have in Far Cry 3 is shit Ubisoft tropes (like tower climbing mini-games) mixed with the usual craptacular consolised shooting mechanics. And on top of that they fill the game with horrid dialogue and a story so bad that the writer had to claim it was ironic afterwards - http://techland.time.com/2012/12/21/far-cry-3-writer-says-critics-got-it-all-wrong/.

Avellion

Erudite
Didn't even watch Nintendo, not sure how they are even relevant anymore.
Going by the reaction from their E3 this year, I am sure that if they were irrelevant before, they gained a lot of relevance yesterday. Which is an interesting change from their previous years where they did terribly. People are seriously hyped.

Not surprising since they showed off Mario, Zelda, Kerfuffle, 3 new IPs, Star Fox and no BS talk about sales or other stuff meant to please shareholders. And was entirely focused on games and gameplay.

Everyone likes lolis.
No one likes them more than a certain site I shall not name. Already several waifu threads about that one specific game.

Last edited:

buzz

Arcane
RPS sees the new Assassin Creed and decide to do some genuine gaming journalism. Resulting in another hysterical whine about there not being a female lead.

Seriously, they see the void that mainstream gaming has become and get upset about this? Gnnn.

To be fair, his arguments are somewhat proper. Ubisoft just came with a shitty excuse that makes no sense. They had multiple female assassins in their multiplayer modes, recruitable female assassins to help you in the game and a fucking AC game with a female main character. Women also seem fit as acrobatic assassins type of characters (think of all the games and comics where ninja-like agile characters are often chicks).
Of course, I still think the guy's main complaint is fucking retarded and useless. Especially since Ubisoft and AC specifically have the minority pandering taken care of. You played as an arab, an amerindian, a black guy and also a woman.
But this topic and the reasoning behind it says something about the inherent laziness with this project. A game set in France where the main character has a british accent (and they're a french company for fuck's sakes), copy-pasting the character models in co-op instead of allowing some customization. Compare that to their earlier titles in multiplayer mode where you had multiple and varied types of character to play as, not just generic assassin with hood.

Angthoron

Arcane
They should just make a AC story where AC meets the 3 Musketeers, where D'Artagnian is the assassin.

buzz

Arcane
I don't see how having female models from completely different AC games helps all that much in Unity.
It doesn't, it only proves the point that it has been done before. Yet now the project with the biggest budget and team behind it can't do it.
I'm sorry, but Ubisoft is the last company one should defend regarding their laziness and sloppy production values. Look no further than the Watch Dogs thread in here as complete proof.

The majority of the civilized world speak English and possess pre-existing assumptions about accents. I can communicate something to an Australian, an Englishman, a Canadian and a Kwansman about my character by having him or her speak in any number of english-speaking accents. If I use a French VA, anyone outside the Francophone sphere can probably distinguish between "slightly snooty" and "slightly uneducated".
Except Ezio had an italian accent for 3 fucking games and it's more or less the reason why this franchise is popular in the first place. What a retarded argument, do you work for them as community manager or something?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I imagine anyone who's ever played a decent (read: PC) fps would likely share the opinion that Far Cry 3 is shit. It's not a genre designed for consoles. What you have in Far Cry 3 is shit Ubisoft tropes (like tower climbing mini-games) mixed with the usual craptacular consolised shooting mechanics. And on top of that they fill the game with horrid dialogue and a story so bad that the writer had to claim it was ironic afterwards - http://techland.time.com/2012/12/21/far-cry-3-writer-says-critics-got-it-all-wrong/.

And yet I have been playing PC FPS games since Dark Forces, and only PC FPS games, and still loved Far Cry 3. Your assaults on it are typical Codex nostalgiawank. "Oh it has two second long tower climbing side missions!" "Oh it has a console version!" So fucking what? It also has a massive open world with strong stealth and tactical base-raiding components.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Far Cry 3.... strong stealth and tactical base-raiding components.

No. It has brain dead AI that can't see shit, massive awareness indicators, player wallhacks, and chain stealth takedown that is almost a cheat button. And the fire propagation appears to have been toned down a lot as a lot of the outposts don't have dense grass for the fire to spread.

TL;DR it's dumbed down from Far Cry 2.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
No. It has brain dead AI that can't see shit, massive awareness indicators, player wallhacks, and chain stealth takedown that is almost a cheat button. And the fire propagation appears to have been toned down a lot as a lot of the outposts don't have dense grass for the fire to spread.

I don't want to get into the whole thing again, like I said before. All I'll say is of course the game has flaws, but it also has a ton of upsides. At its core the gameplay is very enjoyable. Sniping a base, running in and taking out the last few guys with stealth never really got old for me.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

I don't want to get into the whole thing again, like I said before. All I'll say is of course the game has flaws, but it also has a ton of upsides. At its core the gameplay is very enjoyable. Sniping a base, running in and taking out the last few guys with stealth never really got old for me.

Fair enough. The game is certainly better than COD good for what it is. But to imagine what it could have become had they IMPROVED upon Far Cry 2 instead of dumbing it down ...

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
If Ubi had any BALLS the next AC would be set during the Russian Revolution, where the player is a pitiless, godless, Bolshevik slicing necks open
all throughout Petrograd. That game would be fucking BONERTASTIC.

Robert Jarzebina

BEHOLD the future of UPCOMING GEN geaming

OrangeHarshBabirusa.gif

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Watching Giant Bomb's interview show from last night and the guy behind Halo literally said shooters are "too complicated and complex now-a-days" and that he thinks people want to go back to the "simpler days of Halo."

:retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom