Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

I'm a long-time Smash Bros. fan and loving how big of an info dump E3 is giving me. My buddies and I still get together to play Smash 4 even four years after release- but I have to admit the game was getting stale. I'm really liking what I'm seeing of the new one, glad to see Snake and Starwolf return- and even happier to see Ganondorf back to his OoT look with sword in hand. There's also a ton of little mechanical changes and it'll be interesting to see how they play out (directional dodges returning and being able transition into any attack from a dashing state in particular).

That being said, I absolutely loathe the games competitive scene, and can never stomach watching a Smash tournament. I will happily watch a fighting game tournament for something I've never even played. But Smash Bros? Everything from the commentators to the top players range from generally unlikable to offensively autistic. I understand that Nintendo is kid-friendly company and some level of Playskool e-Sports is to be expected... but I cannot stomach this shit. As beloved as the series might be, I feel it's a misfire on Nintendo's part to turn E3 into a platform for a dweeb tournament rather than just show more games.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Can someone make a list of gaymes announced at E3 by each company, so I don't have to waste any of my time watching this retardation?

Ranking the conferences: E.A: I thought this was as bad as it could get.
Microsoft: Proved me horribly wrong.
Bethesda: I used to just be boycotting E.A. and Microsoft, and now Bethesda is on the list for having the worst conference of all.
Devolver: Lots of great games, completely insane and I would totally buy that console even though I am pretty sure it was just a joke.
Ubisoft: Had some cool looking games like Starlink, Skull and Bones and Donkey kong versus Rabbids, but overall mediocre.
Sony: This was great, had lots of fine games like Kingdom Hearts, Ghosts of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Cuphead expansion and Spiderman.
Nintendo: Started off great: Daemonica Ex Machina, Starlink and the expansions to Mario versus Rabbids, Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2 look awesome. It then fell apart by focusing on one game for half an hour and abruptly ending. There are a lot of great games coming that are not in the conference, like Shin Megami Tensei 5, Bayonetta 3, No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Back and Project Octopath Traveller.
P.C. games: Actually pretty good: Star Control Origins, Star Citizen, Stormland and Maneater look really fun and there was not too much filler. Those cab games looks horrible though, and just make me want to replay Quarantine.

No joke, the Dreamcast is in fact a real console.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/420014097

DlrcQh3.png

:lol:

bSSSYhZ.png

kNPOzq2.jpg

AQ1AioR.gif

:negative:

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
Now that the presentations are over, here's the shit I liked.

Good shit
Devil May Cry 5 - was disappointed at first because it didn't look like a DMC game when the trailer started. Who is the black guy? Whose friend is he? The demons looked like zombies at first and I thought it was a zombie shooter then they started saying demons and they showed Nero with his sword revving up and then I knew it was Devil May Cry which made me pissed. Plus I didn't see Dante at the end.
I rewatched it a bunch of times and now I'm more interested, it looks like DMC 4. ... only darker with different faces and character/enemy design.

Metro Exodus - I'm not a fan of these games and found the first two rather dull, claustrophobic and boring but this one looks good. Like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but a bit different. The shooting was good in those games so it can't be bad here, right? Hopefully the full game isn't bogged down with crafting shit and outpost clearing.

Sekiro

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Hitman

need more footage
Cyberpunk 2077
Beyond Good and evil
Death stranding
Ghost of sushimi

Shit
Fallout 76/Rage 2
Just Cause 4
Jump force
Days gone

Disappointment
Splinter Cell - come on Ubi, no Splinter cell?
Metroid - Nintendo would rather show more shitty Kingdom hearts.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/metal-wolf-chaos-interview-1202844267/

‘Metal Wolf Chaos’ Over-the-Top Americana Could Get Sequel

Way back in 2004, long before “Bloodborne” and “Dark Souls” and “Demon’s Souls,” From Software released a little game called “Metal Wolf Chaos.” You may not have heard of it, since it only released on the original Xbox in Japan (a market that never really took to Microsoft’s original console).

Metal Wolf Chaos” stars United States President Michael Wilson, who has been ousted from power by his vice president. With a powerful mech suit and tons of weapons, Wilson travels the United States from Miami to San Francisco to defeat the coup.

For the first time, From Software’s bonkers take on American politics (if American politics were powered by mechs) is finally coming West. It all began in January 2016, when Devolver Digital tweeted at From Software that they stood ready to help bring the nearly forgotten gem to the west.

To date, that tweet has received more than 3,500 retweets and 4,500 likes. It was also an integral part of convincing From Software to export “Metal Wolf Chaos” after all these years.

“They contacted From and used the tweet in their pitch,” Kakehashi Games business manager Zach Huntley says. “From said, ‘Wow. Maybe we do need to take this seriously.’

“It’s not a remaster. We’re not touching things too much. It’s about people who always wanted to play the game. They’ll finally get their chance to check it out.”

Kakehashi Games is a regular Devolver collaborator in Japan. Huntley and assistant manager Yujin Tsuruta have assisted with Devolver’s satirical E3 press conference and handle the publisher’s BitSummit presence.

Devolver plans to make small improvements, including lighting and other visual effects. The original, comical voice overs (originally recorded in English) are coming over exactly as they were in the original release.

The pairing of From Software and Devolver might not be intuitive, but the “Hotline Miami” publisher has a following in Japan. Games like “Ruiner,” a hyperviolent cyberpunk action game have found purchase there. Dodge Roll’s roguelike “Enter the Gungeon” has also done well in Japan.

And, if “Metal Wolf Chaos” is successful when it releases later this year, we might not have heard the end of President Michael Wilson. Masanori Takeuchi, the mind behind “Metal Wolf Chaos,” could be persuaded to make a sequel.

“This is his baby,” Huntley says. “He loves this game. He understands it’s over-the-top and crazy, but to him it’s not a joke. This was a serious project for them. We talk with him about Metal Wolf 2, and he says he’s actually been thinking of a story for the second game for a really long time. Whether or not that’ll happen? Who knows. They really do like the franchise. This isn’t a situation where Devolver got the license and is doing its own thing. This is a really deep collaboration with From.”

Despite the excitement around the announcement, Devolver drew some criticism for what appeared to some as a politically flippant statement. The publisher hosted its second over-the-top press conference satire at E3, during which “Metal Wolf Chaos” was announced.

Devolver pointed fans to a website for the game, MechAmericaGreatAgain.com (a riff on a slogan popularized by President Donald Trump). As you might imagine, some people were not amused. Despite the blowback, Devolver remains as irreverent as ever.

“Honestly, we don’t care,” Huntley says. “Whatever. People are always going to complain. It’s the internet.”

deuxhero

Arcane
Metal Wolf Chaos is a game so few people have actually played it's crazy undocumented. Even in Japanese it's a mystery how some items are actually unlocked. Hopefully this changes once more people are playing it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know what side I will be on in Greedfall.
I am curious if it will be just niggers vs english or it will be more interesting. Anyway,Deus lo Vult!

Looks like there will be blacks on both sides. I see it more like Imperialism vs. forest hippie magic people.
I hope it will not be so, but deep inside I fear that the forest hippie magic people will be the super good guys.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I know what side I will be on in Greedfall.
I am curious if it will be just niggers vs english or it will be more interesting. Anyway,Deus lo Vult!

Looks like there will be blacks on both sides. I see it more like Imperialism vs. forest hippie magic people.
I hope it will not be so, but deep inside I fear that the forest hippie magic people will be the super good guys.
Forest magic will be more interesting in real world than a bunch of fat british traders :). It remains me of risen 2.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Overkill's The Walking Dead Gameplay Demo from E3

I was looking forward to this title, but the footage looks totally underwhelming...

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They really need some counselling from hometown buddy Fatshark on how to design meaty first person melee combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom