Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2019 - Official Codex Thread - June 6th to 13th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Current report
D8ZG94hXoAAIeBS.jpg:large

Perkel

Arcane
The Microsoft press conference is going to last for 2 hours. Since Phil already announced Gears 5 is coming to Steam, I expect the entire series going to get ported now.

I'm more curious about Age of Empires (4) though.

MS as rumors go apparently will be now completely cross platform and their xbox devices will be just cheap way to get into their games and games store. Like Google they will be going heavy into streaming and basically trying to be everywhere even on rival platforms. They will also go away with "gens" much like pc and mobile.

Basically they are going from Xbox console to Xbox API

99 Nights guy was the best.

This is never going to happen again. Like Rambo First Blood it wouldn't be possible to replicate it now.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
It's like someone took concepts from some of the failed multiplayer shooters of the past few years and combined it all into one big stinker.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I loled at the pink haired "warrior" who is too fat to walk and has to roll around on wheels to battle.

Gotta feed every demo. 'When I grow up I wanna be a 400 pound Orca who has her legs chopped off from the dia-beetus and gets a solar powered battle wheel in order to fight the forces of evil.' Yeah, that demo. Literally millions of them. In fact, there's so many of them, I blame the rising sea levels on their presence. Water displacement.

I shall name thee 'Feed-Ra'... or 'She-Food' for those in coastal areas.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's like someone took concepts from some of the failed multiplayer shooters of the past few years and combined it all into one big stinker.

Fortnite and Overwatch were so successful it's no wonder everyone's going for the cartoony style, but they just don't have the same design chops.

Tehdagah

Arcane

This looks so fucking shit it's just sad.

This is a pleasant surprise, after Hellblade I was afraid the studio would focus on "immersive experiences" with lots of unskippable cutscenes.

It isn't a shooter.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
It isn't a shooter.
There were some guns but yes, obvious melee focus.
Game looks like a mix of Gigantic and the Battlecry game Bethesda cancelled, they probably should've put the breaks on this once those two didn't pan out.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Current report
Sony fans are pretty smug despite all the shit the company have been pulling recently (censorship everywhere, increasing the price of PS Plus after reducing the amount of free games, fighting against "game addiction" etc)

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This is a pleasant surprise, after Hellblade I was afraid the studio would focus on "immersive experiences" with lots of unskippable cutscenes.

Has this studio made any goog game?

Current report
Sony fans are pretty smug despite all the shit the company have been pulling recently (censorship everywhere, increasing the price of PS Plus after reducing the amount of free games, fighting against "game addiction" etc)

What worthwhile exclusives did the PS4 even have? Excluding Bloodborne of course.

Ivan

Arcane
can't see shit. let's make our game so dark we don't have to detail as much

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom