Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News EA bans player from playing Dragon Age II

Aermas said:
I just got banned from Bioware's forum because I was asking if Stanley Woo had changed is avatar because to a thing a tried to start called Re-Volus-ion. Bioware is getting way out of hand.

Oh, so you're the one who started that? I saw a few users beoming voluses...voluus...volus...eeer, little fat guys.

Your legacy will live on :salute:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Metro said:
Yeah I was going to say that probably refers to just the Steam client/community where you upload avatars, can put some junk in your profile and PM people through their chat system. And, as noted, they'd have to track the IP of your forum account which, while possible, is a bit of a stretch -- as is the ability to ban you for any actions on unrelated forums. Would it hold up in court? Maybe. Would it be a PR nightmare? Absolutely. Also, keep in mind Valve has a vested interested in not banning you as an active user is more likely than not a repeat customer. I don't doubt there are risks involved in using Steam, it's just that I pay so little for the games I don't really worry about them.
Change "Steam account" with "EA account" and "Valve" with "EA" and have a look at what thread you're posting in.
Sweet irony is delicious *mhmhmm*

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
What striked my attention on here.. Why are so many users monitoring the BioWare forums when it's so obviously bad, why do some users even know tropes, moderators using "end of the line" when it's a serious decline even browsing their fora?

Suchy

Arcane
Surf Solar said:
What striked my attention on here.. Why are so many users monitoring the BioWare forums when it's so obviously bad, why do some users even know tropes, moderators using "end of the line" when it's a serious decline even browsing their fora?
I don't read Bioware forum, but I found some kind of masochistic pleasure in browsing Codemasters boards, after they released that steaming turd OFP2.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
Elwro said:
He should really sign his posts with 0D 0A.

Indeed :D

While, if they follow this path, BioWare will soon become "1A"...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom