Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News EA Fails To Disclose SecuROM in Dragon Age II

Volourn said:
EA may be doings cummy things but steling is not an option. if you don't like EA's practices don't buyt their games but you have no special previledge to play them either.

Are you as scummy as EA? if not, then don't steal. Plenty of other games in the sea.

Bioware, old boy. Bioware. Stop trying to pass the buck. They signed up, they took the EA dollars, they can eat the cake too.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Volourn said:
EA may be doings cummy things but steling is not an option. if you don't like EA's practices don't buyt their games but you have no special previledge to play them either.

Are you as scummy as EA? if not, then don't steal. Plenty of other games in the sea.

Because the game is integrated with online services to such a greater extent than previous titles, EA's legal department already stated that they will spin for the "It's a license to play the game, and said license falls under DMCA/EULA rights." blah blah blah. And yes, I am fucking pissed so I'm leaking this out. FUCK you EA.

Arcanoix

Scholar
I tried to tell people on the BioBoards that the time-lock on the game was based off SecuROM coding, and lo and behold, everyone was trolling about, "EXCEPT THAT SECUROM ISNT IN TEH GAEM SOEZ FAIL TOPIC IS FAYL!" Serves you fucking right for believing what some of those assholes go on about. Please BioWare, break away. Just break away. :cry:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Arcanoix said:
I tried to tell people on the BioBoards that the time-lock on the game was based off SecuROM coding, and lo and behold, everyone was trolling about, "EXCEPT THAT SECUROM ISNT IN TEH GAEM SOEZ FAIL TOPIC IS FAYL!" Serves you fucking right for believing what some of those assholes go on about. Please BioWare, break away. Just break away. :cry:

It's too late for Biotard, they've gone the way of the derp.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Bioware, old boy. Bioware. Stop trying to pass the buck. They signed up, they took the EA dollars, they can eat the cake too."

EA is BIO, you dumb nutz. BIO is just a division of BIO. The BIo bosses are also EA bosses. It's all the same.

You talk like they're completely seperate entities when they are not.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Volourn said:

1/10, too obvious.

Rogue

Educated
News like this and comments like these make me love the codex even more. Top entertainment, lol :)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:
"Bioware, old boy. Bioware. Stop trying to pass the buck. They signed up, they took the EA dollars, they can eat the cake too."

EA is BIO, you dumb nutz. BIO is just a division of BIO. The BIo bosses are also EA bosses. It's all the same.

You talk like they're completely seperate entities when they are not.

:what:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Volourn said:

If a company puts in software against your will that can potentially damage your computer (I don't know details about that but from what I've heard it seems to be the case) that gives you the right to not only pirate the game in question, but every other game they release.

ElectricOtter

Jesus H. Christ. I wonder what bullshit excuse Bioware/EA will come up with to explain this :roll:

circ

Arcane
ElecTriCotter said:
Jesus H. Christ. I wonder what bullshit excuse Bioware/EA will come up with to explain this :roll:
They don't have to. Several people on several boards, not just BW's, are already calling the story false and a troll to get hits. Because apparently, BioWare wouldn't lie to them?

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Elwro said:
I wonder if they sneaked the securom into the Steam version, too, just for kicks.

I saw a post on BioSocial saying they did include the feature - only TPB preorders are lacking I hear.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If a company puts in software against your will that can potentially damage your computer (I don't know details about that but from what I've heard it seems to be the case) that gives you the right to not only pirate the game in question, but every other game they release."

No, it gives you the right to get your damn money back, and not play the game. Possibly even take them to court.

If you steal from there they ahve the right to take you to court as well.

Both are immoral acts that deserve punishment.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Frau Bishop said:
What a disaster ...lol, DA2 is like Japan.
Hope the stories about Americans loving good law suits are all true. :popcorn:

Oh yes they do. Few things seem to get my countrymen going like a good courtroom clusterfuck. I'm certainly hoping for a legal bloodbath.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Volourn said:
"If a company puts in software against your will that can potentially damage your computer (I don't know details about that but from what I've heard it seems to be the case) that gives you the right to not only pirate the game in question, but every other game they release."

No, it gives you the right to get your damn money back, and not play the game. Possibly even take them to court.

I'm free to take them to court over 60 dollars and go through all that hassle and the attorney fees as well? Are you fucking kidding me?

It's a simple concept; just as a murderer loses his right to lfe so too do they lose their right to any money from me as a result of what they've done. It may not be legal but it's certainly moral.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Dicksmoker said:
Volourn said:

I'm free to take them to court over 60 dollars and go through all that hassle and the attorney fees as well? Are you fucking kidding me?

It's a simple concept; just as a murderer loses his right to lfe so too do they lose their right to any money from me as a result of what they've done. It may not be legal but it's certainly moral.

At this point the law is nothing more than a cudgel in the hands of capitalist plunderers.

Black

Arcane
Isn't this illegal? Couldn't anyone who's bought da2 technically sue ea/bw for putting this in their game and not informing about it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom