Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News EA Fails To Disclose SecuROM in Dragon Age II

turul

Augur
Zeus said:
So unlike Origins, the combat is just as dumbed down on PC as console, plus you get SecureROM?

If you're going to buy a copy, it might as well be on 360.

Maybe the demo DA2 has it too.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Jaesun said:
You damn old fags need to upgrade FFS!

3811.jpg
:love:

Angthoron said:
Trash said:
BelisariuS.F said:
http://www.gamersmint.com/da-2-composer-ea-pushed-hard-to-release-game-my-score-was-a-rush-job/
http://gamingbolt.com/ea-bans-player-fr ... them-devil
http://beefjack.com/news/bioware-dragon ... expecting/

Did anyone not see this coming when EA aquired Bioware? It's simply what they do. Get a bestselling studio and their ip's. Milk them dry with rushed sequels based on their ip's. When the corpse has nothing more to give close them down and aquire a new one. Rince and repeat.

No way they could do that to BioWare! BioWare has special rights! I Believe in Biowear!!!! :M

Though to be honest I suspect Bio wouldn't have needed EA to become a sellout, it might have just taken a little longer.

Of course, the event of their getting canned won't actually hurt the Bioware docs at all, just their staff. The docs would have made enormous money through Bioware's float, through the sale and through whatever stock they had in the float, and probably picked up stock in EA. They'd also probably be able to transfer to a different EA division if they wanted to keep their jobs anyway. If they really wanted to go back to making crpgs, they'd have enough money to do so - presuming they didn't blow sale price on crack and hookers, that's enough for them to start a new company dedicated to crpgs called Bio-Wire, employ all their favourite employees and replace the rest, and be as big and competitive, with enough PR/marketing-money to tell their fans to follow them over, to the size that they were before the EA sale.

So whilst it confirms that Bioware isn't going to make another BG2 any time soon, or ever, it wasn't a bad business move selling to EA. As far as pure $$$ are concerned, it was the obvious move: you'd be sitting their thinking 'My stock in the holding company, when sold to EA will make me hundreds of millions of dollars richer...do I really like computer games more than hundreds of millions of dollars?'.

With that kind of money do you even 'need' computer games any more? Instead of playing an FPS, couldn't you just buy an island, stock it full of 3rd world orphans, arm them with pre-musket firearms and no training, while you go in with an M4, kevlar and full helmet - standard FPS difficulty?

Stalin

Scholar
Those 3rd world orphans would teabag your obese corpse before you could say "KFC". if I remember right US of Americunts was beaten by a nation eating rats and travelling on bicycles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom