Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News EA has ruined BioWare

DraQ

Arcane
Coyote said:
Sceptic said:
DraQ said:
Female PA.
DIE IN A FIRE :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

All right, now it's my turn to be perplexed. What?
I inflicted severe mental anguish on my true bro, Sceptic* by reminding him of those:
Unreal2_9.JPG

Was super effective.

I did so, entirely because of his cruel mockery of me and not in the least because of any lulz I might have sought to spark.

*) :(

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm sorry to say this but any FPS where the protagonist speaks is automatically excused of its stupid everything.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Clockwork Knight said:
This is sending all sorts of homoerotic S&M vibes.

yaoi.jpg

Homoerotic...? What if that guy *behind* is a girl, huh? He looks like a girl, he doing things that girls do, so...

Ps. Ah, I get it. This is a metaphor about U2 and... erm...

Gord

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
This is sending all sorts of homoerotic S&M vibes.

Fufufu...how will I torture you next?

yaoi.jpg

This reminds me of guys that have a secret homo-/bisexual desire they are afraid to admit and instead choose very manly women. Only that it's like a fantasy of gay people that are secretly heterosexual here.
:retarded:

grdja

Augur
What kind of idiot would play Unreal 2 on such low settings? Entire point of game was graphicswhoring, if you couldn't run it at very high there was no point in "obtaining" the game at all.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
Was super effective.
Still is. It's like a bad drug: I know it's destroying my brain, and I'm not even getting any enjoyment out of it, but I can't keep my eyes away.

I did so, entirely because of his cruel mockery of me
I. DID. NOT. You asked for a summary of ME2 story. I gave you exactly what you asked. And it wasn't even MY summary! I just copy-pasted from elsewhere.

(unless that was the initial Spider Gun and you posted this... abomination later on)
You are still a bro regardless :bro:

Fowyr said:
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THAT?
My reaction was a little less elegant, but not far removed.

You should check the Spider Gun one of these days.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Sceptic said:
You should check the Spider Gun one of these days.
Made it.
Looks like awesome and useful weapon.

Damn, who I'm kidding! :lol:

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Gord said:
This reminds me of guys that have a secret homo-/bisexual desire they are afraid to admit and instead choose very manly women. Only that it's like a fantasy of gay people that are secretly heterosexual here.
And how exactly do you know that? :lol:

DraQ

Arcane
Sceptic said:
DraQ said:
Was super effective.
Still is. It's like a bad drug: I know it's destroying my brain, and I'm not even getting any enjoyment out of it, but I can't keep my eyes away.

I did so, entirely because of his cruel mockery of me
I. DID. NOT.
I mean now. You were rubbing it in. :(

Daikatana is not a suitable medicine for someone who had his sanity flayed by Unreal 2 - you want to make me suicidal?

Bottle or two of vodka would be much more appropriate, moderate blunt force trauma to the head may also work if administered immediately after playing, though it's risky, drugs preventing formation of long term memory are optimal, but only if they can be administered immediately after exposure to sanity wrecking stimulus.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
I mean now. You were rubbing it in. :(
I'm sorry :(

Daikatana is not a suitable medicine for someone who had his sanity flayed by Unreal 2 - you want to make me suicidal?
Of course not! See I see it this way: either Daikatana is not as bad as Unreal 2, at which point you will play the game thinking to yourself "hey this isn't half bad!" and "this is SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Unreal 2!" and you will as a result enjoy the hell out of it, or it will in fact be even worse than Unreal 2, which will mean the latter will be redeemed in your eyes and you will be able to go back to it and replay it and enjoy it because "hey this isn't half as bad as Daikatana!" Either way you win.
See, this is how much I care about your well-being :love:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sorry, but compared to the FPS'es we get these days U2 compares pretty well. Maybe if I got into the whole Unreal lore I'd think it sucked, but while I enjoyed my Unreal trip after it was recommended by DraQ, it didn't grab me like Half-Life, Doom or Duke 3D did back in the day. Skaarj or whatever just weren't interesting enough in Unreal to warrant rage in me for their depiction in U2. Just another muscular alien to waste. Actually the alien grunts in Half-Life looked more like Skaarj from the first Unreal with just a few metallic weapon extremities.

As for Daikatana, I have heard that the later levels are not that bad once you get past the robofrogs, dragonflies and the whole future prison crap. The thing is that I never had the patience to last long enough with it to try.

CorpseZeb

Learned
commie said:
As for Daikatana, I have heard that the later levels are not that bad once you get past the robofrogs, dragonflies and the whole future prison crap. The thing is that I never had the patience to last long enough with it to try.

That's right. Some of later ancient greek levels are pretty amazing, sort of serious sam'ish even.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
If you have swallowed something past the expiration date and need technological assistance in getting it out I suggest playing the opening Daikatana sewer levels. The maze of green palettes and robot frogs soothes like the harsh, stony womb of Gaia herself.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
WTF I played Unreal 2 back in the day and i cant remembe those amazon mercenaries having the futuristic version of a chainmail bikini.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Commissar Draco said:
Unreal 2 was good for what it was, less traps and dungeon crawling than Unreal. Lot better than toxic turds like Anachronix. :retarded:

Anachronox, sir, is one of best game I've ever played in my entire life. So, sir, placing such a fine name near game Unreal 2 is just... just... disgrace and dishonour and filthy codpiece of opinion.

Not mention, I don't know how you can find U2 better that U1...

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Problem is it was advertised as cyberpunk/SF game not JRPG, I prefer straight shooters over game which deceives me... after fucking hours of gaming. :x As for Unreal playing as (escaped) prisoner is stale as 2 weaks bread. I prefer military cop alcoholic anytime. :salute:
BTW butthurted becouse someone don't like the game you love to fap to. I'm non comformist as everybody else Eh? :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom