Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA working on new Syndicate

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
EA have seemingly announced a new Syndicate game, being made my Riddick developer Starbreeze, which is either a good sign or a hint that it'll be an FPS.

My potential NERDRAGE is boundless should they fuck this one up, I can tell you that.

uhjghvt

Scholar
please god let them keep peter "shit midas" molyneaux away from it

riddick was a pretty decent game, it's impressive when you can make a movie-spinoff game that's actually better than the movie was

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
why the fuck does it have to be ea?
WHY?!

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
EA own all Bullfrog's IPs.
Also consider that they've been talking about revisiting older licences a lot recently. If Syndicate is the only beloved franchise we see sodomised, we'll probably be lucky.

Disconnected

Scholar
Well shit. Why did it have to be fucking EA?

.. I hope someone else buys the rights to Dungeon Keeper.

DefJam101

Arcane
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Lukyboi

Novice
thnx for this, as if my day wasn't fucked up enough...
oh yeah hello kodex! :(

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
EA = bad
Starbreeze = potential to be good
EA + Starbreeze = potentially mediocre?

Regardless, if they fuck Syndicate up, I'm going to... SEND THEM AN ANGRY LETTER!!!

edit:
Lukyboi said:
oh yeah hello kodex! :(
Get the fuck outta my face.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Allah damnit! Not again... At least Katauri showed you can remake an old game successfully, same with Pirates! but I'm not so sure about EA.

And what's with the new people? Did the upcoming release of Fallout 3 attract them?

Disconnected

Scholar
Fenril said:
Poor Peter. I wonder what he has to say.
"It's great! You can marry real acorns, your dog gives amazing head, and your wife will grow right into heaven if you plant her feet-up in a field!!!"

- Just a guess.

bert

Arcane
I'm going to take a quick guess on how the new Syndicate game will turn out to be:

There won't be any isometric view since isometric is an ancient piece of gameplay relic obviously because it's just not as immersive as first person is. You also only get to control one agent and not four. No longer can you blow up any buildings since it's immoral to do such a thing and it's only reserved for suicide bombers and terrorists. You can only persuade up to five people with the persuadertron in order to meet system requirements and for gameplay to run smoothly. :roll:

Tails

Arbiter
Heh, EA... I'm not even really surprised. All good games early or later are butchered with sucky sequels, in this times.

Fenril

Scholar
Its going to be third person 3d in realtime with pause and it will have 3 different really shitty cameras.

Ratty

Scholar
EA is making the new Syndicate?! *gasp* Oh, shock of shocks, how could anyone have possibly seen this coming?! It's almost as if they own the rights to former Bullfrog's licenses or something. And it's so untypical of them to revive an old game series with a new installment that doesn't possess even a fraction of the original's brilliance. Oh, wait...

Seriously, why does anyone even care anymore what EA does with their ill-gotten intellectual property? If Ultima IX, Populous 3, Dungeon Keeper 2 etc. have taught us anything, it is that EA's approach to resurrecting a legendary game series is as commercially unviable as it is blunderous. In other words, Syndicate's star will continue to shine, while this upcoming abomination will be an irrelevant footnote in gaming history.

That said, if they introduce first-person view or make the environments indestructible, I'm going to Uppsala with a suitcase nuke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom