Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Eidolons: Nethergate (old thread)

Btw, will it be OK if I open a new thread for the game, as an author, so to speak? This one is great but a bit under-representative, I think :) I could lay out the materials properly.

Not only that but there are even subforums for projects similar to yours so you should probably just ask Infinitron or Dark Underlord if you want one such subforum.

Solfear

Novice
Maybe I have missed this information, but is it party-based or not? Thanks!

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Hi Solfear,
Yes there will be some ai-controlled companions that you can give orders to in the final version of the game, at least in the campaign, otherwise it'll be optional. I have planned many party mechanics though, like heroes coming to ask for advice, make an item/favor request, and of course various relationship/loyalty thing like who hates whom and so on. Those will be implemented only when combat, map adventure and hero-progression are really solid though.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Maybe more team-color highlighting will help? And btw, are the emblems doing their job at all? Those little things units have in the corner :)

I was thinking a bright border around enemies would make them stand out well enough.

might try making the walls appear distorted somehow.

I think it'd be easier to make the floors stand out more - right now there is not enough contrast between floors, walls and enemies. Maybe try making floors simply a bit lighter in color.

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Not only that but there are even subforums for projects similar to yours so you should probably just ask Infinitron or Dark Underlord if you want one such subforum.

That would be awesome, only I somehow failed to find any way to PM a member of the Codex, maybe because I'm too illiterate :) Any help?

I was thinking a bright border around enemies would make them stand out well enough.

might try making the walls appear distorted somehow.

I think it'd be easier to make the floors stand out more - right now there is not enough contrast between floors, walls and enemies. Maybe try making floors simply a bit lighter in color.

Sounds reasonable, I'll try that. Illumination system is very experimental, it needs a lot of refinement, but it's based on pretty realistic logic under the hood! :)

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Aren't you simply supposed to click on Start a Conversation?

Infinitron Can Alex get a subforum for his game?

I wished I knew where that function is hidden :) Ctrl+F didn't reveal it, or I failed spot roll critically =)

Anyway, I believe that I have enough materials and time to make a decent subforum, once I'm done with hotfixes. And the uploaded beta will also be more solid :)

Don't do it.
Ouch. No chance, then?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, I'm recommending that you not do it if you want anybody here to know about your game. Unless your game is a big big deal on the Codex, your subforum will be a ghost town. This is such common knowledge that I wonder if Life of the Party isn't trying to trick you.

But if you insist, you can talk to DarkUnderlord.

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Oh, I'm glad it wasn't what I thought it was :)
A point well taken, maybe I should indeed start just by posting a new tidy thread. Thanks!
PS I'm sure Life of the Party had my best interests in mind :)

It's certainly not a common knowledge to people who just registered. But yeah, to be fair, I don't really visit those 'ghost towns' either, so it makes sense to simply open a new thread like Alex originally wanted.

Still, if he likes the idea of a subforum a lot... I mean, it's up to him.

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Hey guys, just letting you know I've uploaded a somewhat more stable version, except for resolution and music problems, they still persist, in little ways. Please don't bash me :) Also I didn't get to implement any of the new things I wanted like new UnitInfoPanel or control scheme, that's gonna take more than quickfixing.

Posted about it here in devlog too, just to feel more real.

I guess I am taking my time with the new thread, figured it should be good, and that's when perfectionism hit me :) But I'll get thru it, I always do somehow ;)

Suicidal

Arcane
Hey, I've never beta-tested a small indie game before. Might be fun. Gonna give it a go and post my impressions/feedback sometime later.

PrettyDeadman

Hey guys, just letting you know I've uploaded a somewhat more stable version, except for resolution and music problems, they still persist, in little ways. Please don't bash me :) Also I didn't get to implement any of the new things I wanted like new UnitInfoPanel or control scheme, that's gonna take more than quickfixing.

Posted about it here in devlog too, just to feel more real.

I guess I am taking my time with the new thread, figured it should be good, and that's when perfectionism hit me :) But I'll get thru it, I always do somehow ;)
Nice, hopefully Ill be able to progress past 1st floor of the 1st dungeon now :dealwithit:

PrettyDeadman

Nice, the floor tiles are brighter now:

HvgmJ6p.jpg

I still seem to be caught in some kind input buffering trap.
When there are several archers you have to wait before you commands are activated, and they seem to be quiering.
As a result I seems to be going in completely wrong direction - the character is running around the field like a headless chicken completely ignoring my commands ( or remembering them to do them in the wrong moment) while getting shot by archers.

Second floor is loaded!

Last edited by a moderator:

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Second floor is loaded!

Good news! :) Well actually I've fixed more bugs during the last 2 weeks than I did in the last few years of development ! =)

Sorry about archers, I think I fixed queing up of actions at least, but animation speed is kinda glitchy yet, you can try to tinker with 'wait for anim' and anim speed options. I'm just used to waiting a bit for archers to notch arrows, so... :)

Anyway, here are the big news:

The Beta is officially over, but I decided to let the final version remain online (same place) and keep listening to the feedback of course, just not rushing to fix everything 'cause it's just not viable in the long term (speaking about months at least :)) Thanks a lot for your ideas and support, it helps a lot!

I've written a lot about what's been going on during the beta, mostly on the devlog, soon on my general blog I hope.

My 'brand new thread for the game' is still pending, I've got a lot written but I don't wanna confuse anyone so I keep editing it for now :) Yes, and I'm taking a vacation - for a whole weekend! =) Good things in dev life...

Yes, and check out the gif collection I made while testing!

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Oh, thanks for noticing these humble activities Abu Antar, I've been kind of underwater so far this summer, but I shall return!.. And there is still gonna be something playable for adventure this autumn on itch.

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Hey guys, so there a sizable update coming up shortly, kind of for Halloween's sake. All info here :) I'll try to post something more, but it's a crunch, as always...

You guys really need to change the name to something more pleasing to the ear/palate. Every time I see this one, it makes me laugh. Sounds like Dildolos: Mists of Arthritis.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Personally just the name Eidolons could work. Although I expect there will be a connection made to Final Fantasy games.

EiDemiurge

Wyrmring
Developer
Thanks Siveon! I did in fact get pretty wasted on crunch yesterday, but I'm alive and will finish the thing I believe, just wanna do it as best as I can, then give the note and a secret word on Discord :)

Yeah, the name... I guess the second part will be more of a private working name for me, I'll release just as "Eidolons". Anyway, it's all about associations, just open your mind to the bright new interpretation =)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom